“Clean nice apartment 215, but to noisy!!!”
Review of The Barbizon

The Barbizon
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all, there is no parking for free on Miami. Usually you pay $20 - $30 per day. This hotel is on the busy street, which means no quiet what so ever. My window was right above the restaurant, which meant music from 8am till 1am. If you are hoping to get some sleep and quite time, I would never book hotel on Ocean Dr. from 5th street through 15th street. Busiest street ever!!!
My apartment was clean, and ready to use. It needed some updates, especially bathroom.
Another problem with garbage being taken out. You have to go around the whole building.
Next time I will go to Florida, I will NEVER go back to South Miami Beach.
I am not surprised, that there is lots of young people on south beach. It's only about drinking and music. Not a great place to spend some nice quite time.
Other thing that I liked, was that beach was great and it was right across the street.
South beach is good to visit for one day only and then you go back to your nice quite hotel.

Room Tip: Never get a room with ocean view, you will NOT get any sleep!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Barbizon

Reviewed October 21, 2013

205 is a good room for the money. I would consider a mid-week linen change or bring some of your own. Bring extra kitchen towels too. You are directly across from Lummus Park and South Beach. Eat at the Italian Bistro next door at 524..EXCELLENT

Room Tip: It calls the kitchen a full kitchen. The sink is a bar sink, very small. Pick a larger room if you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda C
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Location, location, location.

The Bad - Bathroom wasn't the cleanest and the room wasn't the most up to date.

The Good - But honestly for the location and everything else it was a steal. The neighbors weren't noisy. I can walk to the beach (room had umbrella, towels and other items).

The Deal - To be honest you would pay 3x more for a hotel on the beach that would give you much less. The lady who took care of the room was extremely accommodating.

At The End - I will DEFINITELY stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fdpkid
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were a group of 4 females that traveled to Miami for a long weekend. After much research, I decided to rent unit 306 at the Barbizon. I have stayed at this location many times but I have never rented from Lucinda before. I'm always a little weary when I rent from companies/owners that I am not familiar with however, I had an excellent experience! The unit was clean, the location was excellent and all of the staff were very professional. The futons were fine for sleeping and the condo had everything we needed to get by for the weekend. I will definitely be renting from them again next time I travel to SoBe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank TravelT33
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed in room 211 for two weeks, place was clean and presentable. It was my home away from home. I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you stay in South Beach you are going to hear the hustle and bustle of the night life, however I did not hear a thing. Yes the room needs some updating, all in all it was clean, safe and comfortable. Helina was a gem, very helpful and pleasant. It was a great little getaway. Even my dog enjoyed her stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank norma r
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed in this unit Jan of this year.
Unit was small and had some shortcomings. Floors dirty, Sink pluged, Kitchen not working properly ( cooktop missing Knobs) mould on ceiling in bathroom, need new tiles in bathroom Location great as we have stayed at the Barbizon before ( not this unit). Fridge leaking water, front desk girl rude, Cheap Ikea furniture in room ( bed tables eneeds to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptablend tables lamps etc) AC not working upon arrival ( was fixed)
We would stay at the barbizon again but not this unit.
Property manager was great. Owner needs to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptable.

Room Tip: Get room at front of building
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Prariedave327
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon our arrival at Barbizon it was very hectic trying to find a parking space. We had to park 3 blocks away from the apartment. My friend Shannon and I arrived around 7:30 and the housekeeping manager proceeds to tell us that we have to pay a $20 late arrival fee. She clearly stated that the fee went into effect after 7pm. We paid the fee without double checking the welcome email and carried on. The apartment definitely needs some upgrading as far as the bathroom and kitchen goes. The room was deathly hot! Eighty degrees to be exact. The air conditioner was broken and we had to sleep in the eighty degree heat the first night. Helena told us to contact the owner to ask about receiving compensation for the first night of sleeping in the heat. The air conditioner was fixed the next day 12 o clock noon thankfully! There was an ironing board and no iron. The sheets smelled so we slept on our beach towels. The bed was rock hard. The curtains in the room were paper thin so the morning sunlight would shine right through when you are not ready to wake up, which is unfortunate when you want to sleep in. The towels and wash cloth looked worn and dirty, thank God I brought my own! You are only given two rolls of toilet paper for the duration of your stay. Well don't look for two brand new rolls. We only received a roll and a half. The hot water probably takes five minutes to kick in, and when it does it is scorching hot! It's basically somewhere to take a shower and sleep. Let's just say you get what you pay for! The night before checkout I did read my welcome email and I discovered that late check in is after 8pm. I called Helena and asked for my $20 back and she proceeded to lie and say we arrived after 8pm. Upon leaving I did call the owner to inform him of my weekend at his apartment and he seemed very concerned. He told me he would give me a call back after he speaks with Helena. Today is JULY 30th and I have yet to hear back from Tony the owner after several calls and emails.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends