“Stayed for two weeks”

The Barbizon
Sea Bright, New Jersey
“Stayed for two weeks”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed in room 211 for two weeks, place was clean and presentable. It was my home away from home. I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you stay in South Beach you are going to hear the hustle and bustle of the night life, however I did not hear a thing. Yes the room needs some updating, all in all it was clean, safe and comfortable. Helina was a gem, very helpful and pleasant. It was a great little getaway. Even my dog enjoyed her stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank norma r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed in this unit Jan of this year.
Unit was small and had some shortcomings. Floors dirty, Sink pluged, Kitchen not working properly ( cooktop missing Knobs) mould on ceiling in bathroom, need new tiles in bathroom Location great as we have stayed at the Barbizon before ( not this unit). Fridge leaking water, front desk girl rude, Cheap Ikea furniture in room ( bed tables eneeds to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptablend tables lamps etc) AC not working upon arrival ( was fixed)
We would stay at the barbizon again but not this unit.
Property manager was great. Owner needs to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptable.

Room Tip: Get room at front of building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Prariedave327
Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon our arrival at Barbizon it was very hectic trying to find a parking space. We had to park 3 blocks away from the apartment. My friend Shannon and I arrived around 7:30 and the housekeeping manager proceeds to tell us that we have to pay a $20 late arrival fee. She clearly stated that the fee went into effect after 7pm. We paid the fee without double checking the welcome email and carried on. The apartment definitely needs some upgrading as far as the bathroom and kitchen goes. The room was deathly hot! Eighty degrees to be exact. The air conditioner was broken and we had to sleep in the eighty degree heat the first night. Helena told us to contact the owner to ask about receiving compensation for the first night of sleeping in the heat. The air conditioner was fixed the next day 12 o clock noon thankfully! There was an ironing board and no iron. The sheets smelled so we slept on our beach towels. The bed was rock hard. The curtains in the room were paper thin so the morning sunlight would shine right through when you are not ready to wake up, which is unfortunate when you want to sleep in. The towels and wash cloth looked worn and dirty, thank God I brought my own! You are only given two rolls of toilet paper for the duration of your stay. Well don't look for two brand new rolls. We only received a roll and a half. The hot water probably takes five minutes to kick in, and when it does it is scorching hot! It's basically somewhere to take a shower and sleep. Let's just say you get what you pay for! The night before checkout I did read my welcome email and I discovered that late check in is after 8pm. I called Helena and asked for my $20 back and she proceeded to lie and say we arrived after 8pm. Upon leaving I did call the owner to inform him of my weekend at his apartment and he seemed very concerned. He told me he would give me a call back after he speaks with Helena. Today is JULY 30th and I have yet to hear back from Tony the owner after several calls and emails.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tab k

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Belize Cayes, Belize
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The unit is nice, located close to shops, restaurants and the beach. It was clean and maintained. Can be noisy at times, specially when tenants do their laundry in the middle of the night down the passage.
The letting agent (karen) is very eager to get the booking but fails to follow through with good service. We had to wait a whole day and night before we received the wifi password and were also conned out of $75 of our security deposit.
We were only given 1 pair of keys (by john), which we guarded with our life's knowing if we lost it we would be charged for it. Because we left very early in the morning we left our keys as instructed in the reception area in full view of the cctv cameras only to be told a few days later that the second pair of keys were missing and that we would be charged $75 to replace it, when we disputed this profusely, they all of a sudden found it.....but still we were not refunded the $75.
Also take your own pen when signing in, as the door woman dont have such a thing at her desk. Also dont arrive too early before check in time as you wont be let in, we kinda snuck in with another tenant and then were able to wait in the lounge as such time as the letter-in-person (john) found us after sitting in the same lounge as us for about ten minutes.
Its more than six months later but still no refund. We enjoyed our stay, but feel we were ripped off at the end. $75 can buy one a nice meal and drinks, or a night in a hotel. Would go back if we knew we could trust the people involved.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica V
Lima, Peru
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place to stay! We had a beautiful time at the Barbizon, it is located right there on Ocean Drive, with the beach across the street. Easy to book a reservation, great customer service, and personal attention. The unit was very clean and Helina, housekeeper, was very helpful. The pool next door was clean and very neat. All the shops and attractions were around, at a walking distance, with a very active night life. Security was outstanding, with friendly police officers at every block. The parking at the LAZ building is so close and easy to use.., It was definitely a wonderful experience! I am coming back!!!

Room Tip: Book well in advance!...these units are being booked very fast!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LEXER N
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We found this rental on a website:floridasouthbeachrentals dot com
They have a very well maintained website and detailed description of the room. We were a group of 3 adults and a young girl so we tried our best to contact the owner and make sure the unit is kids friendly and big enough. Of course, they confirmed that it's a 2-bedroom unit and it's kid's friendly. ALL SCAMS.

Why would I call this a SCAM? It's a big word which ruin the reputation of the whole building, yes I know, but here is the reasons why I call this a scam.
1) Unit 202 was described as 2 bedroom but in real life it's a tiny one bedroom with a pull-out queen bed in a small living room. There is no proper door. This room should never be called 2 bedroom in any standard. And I would not be this annoyed if I didn't email to confirm the size of the room both by phone and email.

2) Unit was unbearably dirty. Hair is all over bathroom, in bath tub and toilet bowl. Floor is dirty everywhere. Bed sheets and pillow cases are YELLOW! I don't even want to touch them.

3) Live music downstair, next to bedroom window. I would enjoy it but not after midnight! We couldn't sleep at all.

4) Furniture is broken. TV stand was in very bad shape and fell apart during our stay. Luckily, none of us got any injury. But the owner charge it to our credit card. This is suppose to be owner responsibility as it's a part of unit maintenance.

5) Housekeeper was nice enough to come and clean the room after we complained to the owner. I learned the hard way that I should never give my mobile phone number to any housekeeper.
Because she will call you on your cellphone during your relaxing time and comment you about complaining to the unit owner. I was trying my best to be nice to her, but this is toooooo much.

6) We prepaid 1,300 $ for 5 nights stay in March. With above 5 reasons we checkout after the first night. We emailed and also called the property manager, doesn't seem to care or feel responsible for badly maintained, not-as-described unit. Very bad attitude. I am sure from their reaction that we are not the first to complain. They tricked others before about this unit as 2-bedroom. We felt like a fool. I am sad for those people who would stay at this unit after us. They will not have a good stay but that's the way I got back some refund from the owner.

THEY WERE NICE ENOUGH TO REFUND!
It JUST took a month AND multiple phone call to refund 260 $, nice!

So it costed us 1,040 $ to stay for 1 night in very poorly maintained, noisy, unbearably dirty 1 bedroom unit. I would repeat myself, this apartment#202 is a true scam.

I am not saying that my comment reflects every units in this building but this owner/management team also owns unit 204, 208, 209, 215, 218, 315, 316, 318.
I would be very cautious about these unit number, preferable not stay here.

Room Tip: Staying here is not the best idea if you bring kids with you. It's unbearably noisy !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank inGrief
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wonderful experience from start to finish. Booking was easy and the Barbizon really rocks. The location is unbeatable with the Beach right in front of the building. The restaurants are right there and you get a 25% discount on your bill just by telling them you are staying at the Barbizon. The place was really well taken care of and remodeled. The queen bed was perfect for us and the full bathroom had everything we needed. We had one of our children with us and he enjoyed sleeping in the tewin pullout couch. This vacation was perfect for our 1 week stay and we will come back in the summer. Th ereservation was easy and the team acted professionally all the way around. The owners have several other units and we are booking 3 other units for a total of 4 units for the summer. Awesome place and the price is just right. Highly recommend it !
The Barbizon is fantastic.

Room Tip: they have a website where you can chose several of their units look at the pictures because homeaw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family