New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Astor

Hotel Astor
Ranked #76 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Love Astor Hotel July 2nd 2014.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am a frequent South beach visitor and I have stayed at different places before. I have previously stayed at Astor and because of the service and the cleanliness of this hotel I have decided to bring my family back here before our short cruise. We stayed at Astor before and after our cruise.

I would like to give a shout out to "BURAK EVENS" he was extremely friends, courteous and helpful. We were able to check in at 9:00 AM in the morning which was great because that's unusual with any hotels and I do understand it depends on rooms availability. In addition to let us check in early he have upgraded our rooms as well without us paying a penny extra. I really appreciate his great customer service and the service from the entire staff and it starts with the Bell service staff.

I had a great stay here and will always recommend my friends and family to stay.

Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kuei1982

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in may. The hotel is very clean and very well situated. They even lend you chairs, towels and umbrellas for the beach! The staff were very nice and helpfull! The manager was constantly greating us, asking about our day and making recommandations of areas to see, activities to do which we really appreciated. We did however have a problem with the hotel. On the 1rst 2 nights we were there, the bar or club in the basement of the hotel was playing its music so loud that we felt like we were in the club in our room on the top floor. The room was even trembling because of the vibration ( I am not exagerating ) it went on until 3 or 4 AM. So we barely got any sleep. However the remaining days it quieted down and we had a nice stay. The wifi wasn't great in our room but it was good in my parents room so i guess it depends were you are in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ms_Amy-A
liverpool uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have just spent a 2 week vacation at the Astor , my 3rd stay at this hotel , and even tho under new management , my stay didn't disappoint .
I love this Art Deco treasure , perfect location , close enough to everything , yet just set back enough not to feel too touristy .
Rooms are spacious and my king size deluxe room seemed huge with it's corner leather white sofa fitting in well with the Miami vibe .
All the staff are very helpful and polite , thanks in particular to Diandra the bar tender , who looked after me well at cocktail hour , and who may I say is an asset to this hotel . Give that chik a pay rise!!!! I will look forward to staying here on my next Miami visit . Well done guys!!! And thankyou ..

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor as there is a nightclub attached to the hotel and the music gets loud...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank peter h
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My name is Jacob Bossman, I am a british business owner from London, UK. Quite frankly the astor hotel had too many hidden charges they hit you with right upon arrivial. My cost went from $1676 to $1900. Miguel one of the senior management advised me that I had to put a deposit down of $200 just in case anything in the room gets damaged. Miguel then advised if there were no damages I would get this deposit back, he then gave me a letter of receipt and advised that all I had to do is show this on my departure and I would be refunded my deposit. Come the day of my departure I was told I could not get this back. The receptionist Chris was very helpful and if it was not for him this review would of been much worst. Other than this matter I paid of the supreme deluxe room, on two days my air conditioner was leaking. The lift was out of commission for 5 days of my 13 night stay. When you pay close to $2000 dollars for a room you expect the facilities to be top notch. The wifi in my room was not great either. The manager Miguel was very reserved and had very little if none customer service skills. This a side I would like to highlight that the Receptionist Chris was exceptional at his job and I would love to see him promoted to manager as his customer service was the best I have ever experienced. In addition to him Racquel was amazing always smiling, very friendly and extremely helpful. Racquel always made an effort to engage in conversation and was a pleasure always. Evens the door man was a character and always made me laugh every morning, and the bar staff in particular Deanna was amazing at mixing drinks and was great very entertaining. Unfortunately I will not be staying every again at the hotel astor, but I will pass by at the bar as this section is great and I will revisit the amazing mid level staff. Its a shame... great mid-level staff, but poor management and maintainance.

Jacob Bossman

London,uk

Room Tip: Do not get a room here they will cheat you out of hidden room charges. Get a room at a different hot...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jacob B
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We came from New Zealand , have been to several hotels in USA before , the Astor is the best !! Everything was perfect , great staff, excellent clean room , lovely bar and lounge area, would truely recommend !

Room Tip: Excellent value, room we had third floor, corner. had lounge , microwave , fridge , safe
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarndra S
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

had a birthday get together about two weeks ago here and it was absolutely fabulous. chris was amazing and extremely helpful throughout our entire stay. he was attentive to our needs, and super funny. overall i had a great experience here, and the food was great too. they had such a cute outdoor area too. When i come back to Miami ill definitely be coming back to this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank fernndawg
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, I really enjoyed it! Location is very comfortable: near with Ocean Drive and beach. I think it's place for good rest for reasonable money. I with pleasure would return here again.The personnel is very friendly also will always advise if you need. Thanks a lot of Burak and Eduardo for the help and excellent mood which they created every day!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo