“Improved”
Review of Hotel Astor

Hotel Astor
Ranked #60 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Much improved from 2 years ago.Staff help was genuine and effective.Particular thanks to the doorman,Adrian,a very dedicated help. He was always tending to my needs.The front desk was also helpful with a reervation issue for one of my travelling companions.

Room Tip: Lack of hot water at times.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for visiting the Hotel Astor! It is great to hear that you enjoyed the help of our staff. We're sorry that something occurred concerning your water, but the rooms will soon be undergoing improvements, so we hope you decide to stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Astor

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

They surcharged $15 per night, a charge not referred in booking.com.
I'm paying $220/night for a junior suite which is next to hotel's bar, with windows not barely sealing so i got to put up with ultra loud hip hop tunes.
Helpful staff, definately not recommended though.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Astor. We're sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay, but we always appreciate feedback. The hotel rooms will soon be undergoing improvements, so we hope that you will decide to visit us again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We spent one night at Hotel Astor on New Year's night. It was an average stay overall. The location of the hotel however is great. Our room windows were facing the parking garage. So not much light there. The beds (queen) were comfortable and the room was clean. Good enough for a one night sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Astor. It's good to hear that you enjoyed our location. We're sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. The hotel will soon being undergoing improvements, so we hope that you will decide to visit us again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went there for my friend's stag-do and stayed at Astor Hotel. We had great customer service from Chris, who told us which parties to go to, and where to go for food. He was a great laugh and made our stay very enjoyable. Whenever we had problems with some of the rooms, he would always be at hand to help us resolve it. Overall I'd definitely recommend others to book this hotel if they're looking for a decent place to stay, clean, good location and with good service!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for visiting the Hotel Astor. It's great to hear that you had a good experience, and we highly value your feedback. Come again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I came with a friend from Australia and we couldn't believe how beautiful the rooms are and how good the location is. The staff are extremely friendly. They really went out of their way to help us out. Particularly a young man on the front desk named Chris. He looked up locations for us, helped us organise transport and gave us great advice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Miami.

• Stayed: September 2013
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Astor, and all the way from Australia! We're glad that you enjoyed our rooms and staff. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel on two occasions,first in November and then again in January,I found it impossible to fault it either time,Liza the hotel manager was amazing,she went out of her way to make our stay so enjoyable,she is so friendly but also so professional,nothing was too much trouble for her,we wish we could have stayed longer,Chris on reception was great too,so helpful and friendly,as was Nadaish(exuse spelling),we will return soon,thank you all.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thanks for visiting the Hotel Astor again! It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we deeply appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My first trip review lol well myself and a couple of friends was down in Miami for a business convention, I booked the Chelsea hotel and my friends booked at Astor, due to my flight arriving late and me missing check in the Chelsea hotel told me that they over sold my room whatever that's suppose to mean, pissed off as I was I walked literally next door hoping that Astor had some vacant rooms. Deandre a helpful little dude told me they had only a room with double beds available, I honestly didn't care I just need a room for 3 days he called his manager Lisa or Liza can't remember what she said her name was but she told him it was fine to accept me for the 3 days they gave me free drinks for they happy hour spot. The hotel was real nice and comfortable, they hot water doesn't seem to work in the mornings, each morning they had to call maintenance to fix the issue but for an old hotel I wouldn't say I didn't expect it. Overall the hotel is great for a business stay, I over heard the bar guy saying they undergoing construction soon, I hope so because the hotel has lots of potential.

• Stayed: January 2014
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for visiting us at the Hotel Astor. It's good to hear that we were able to help you out, and we highly appreciate your feedback. Our rooms will indeed be undergoing improvements quite soon, so we hope you will decide to come back for another stay!