“Great Staff”

Ranked #51 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
T
“Great Staff”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and great staff. I'm glad I choose this hotel! They made my birthday great! The front desk personnel Diondre has awesome customer service! He was very helpful and even gave me a great room!! Nice and smooth check in! He made our stay great and made me feel so important like a celebrity ! The hotel is nicely made; wish I stayed longer to try out the restaurant that was under renovation or construction. The room was so beautiful and the bed was very very soft!! This is my kind of hotel. Thank you hotel Astor and Diondre for a great birthday experience! I will be back!

Stayed January 2014
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for visiting the Hotel Astor! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our staff and rooms. We thank you for your feedback, and hope you'll be back soon to check out our patio and lounge events. Happy belated birthday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

During my stay at Astor I will say this, some staff is helpful and some are not!! I felt very welcomed from the time Diondre checked me in and out, I was surprise to see that he also checked me out this young man is one who loves what he does... You can tell those who loves what they do, he assigned me to a nice room he said it was not a suite, but the room had a sofa and king size bed and a nice size flat screen... Michael helped me with my bags really nice young man! The valet took forever with my car, Diondre called valet at least four times to bring my car around each time they had an excuse ! I felt like they was taking my damn car on a joy ride, my advice DO NOT VALET PARK!!!! My boyfriend asked Kris where should we eat he told us to stay off of Ocean he recommends Espanola way, my boyfriend felt that kris wasn't being helpful he assisted on making us a reservation at some restaurant as if he gets a commission for it, so we did not go there. Diondre and Michael the next day recommended that we go to ocean drive, great advice they had wonderful food... The services of the hotel is awesome, the cleanness of the hotel is average, I love the upbeat look of the hotel, the rooms can use remodeling but the overall feeling of the rooms still gives you Art Deco. My overall experience staying at Astor was good it could have been great if the valet did not suck :( I'm more then likely to return for the music festival this year ! But I will not be parking with valet, public parking is where my car will be.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Astor! We're sorry that you had a bad experience with the valet, but highly appreciate your feedback. Our rooms will be undergoing improvements quite soon, so we hope that you will decide to join us again.
Toronto
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided on the Hotel Astor located on Washington and tenth. The room was located on the second floor with a view of the parking lot. They had a resort fee of $15 per night added to your bill. This was for beach towels I assume, even though the beach was two blocks away. We only took the towels once in our one week stay, because of the inclement weather. Staff in the hotel were friendly and knowledgeable of the area. We have stayed at other hotels in the area including Park Central on Ocean (awesome) with a pool,and Blue Moon located on Collins.The Blue Moon included breakfast with an unheated pool. The Astor had no pool or exercise area and we were told the breakfast was not complementary. This 1934 art-deco hotel was renovated in the early 1990's consisting of forty-four rooms. Our room consisted of a queen bed, small fridge, safety deposit, small flat screen, noisy air conditioner and a newish bath. There was a list of prices on the side table stating the amounts if something went astray. With all the world wide travels we have done, we never experienced this. The room was quite large compared to other rooms in the area. Our main issue was the 1930's elevators which only worked twice in our week stay. We were actually afraid of getting into it. At first we were disappointed in the location on tenth, although the hundreds of bars, discos , and restaurants made up for it. The area was certainly not an area where one would feel safe walking late at night.(which I found out). If you are into tattoos and cheap beer this might be a good alternative. We often had our meals on Ocean Drive, right opposite the beach. Prices were often steep comparing what one pays in other cities. But, if you were into people watching, there were hundreds of bars & restaurants on Ocean; plus, watching the beautiful people and fancy cars. We often went to Finnegans Bar, News Cafe,Front Porch, Meet Market for "happy hour". Generally for the price we paid, including non- stop flight from up north, it was a nice break from the weather.

Room Tip: The view of the parking lot seemed to be the quietest, whether on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Astor. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as we are improving our product and services. There are many exciting things to come for us and we hope you visit again in the near future so we may change your perception around.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We actually booked a private flat in Miami Beach but did not stay there because the place was disgusting. So we drove down Washington Ave and found that little beautiful hotel. Chris showed us a room which made our decision easy to stay there for the 8 following nights. When we checked in I asked Nadege at the reception if we could get a more spacious room (the one we've got wasn't too small but asking doesn't cost a dollar - literally). She offered us the best suite of the hotel which was really a dream (two rooms, two bathrooms, bar, two flat screens - overall perfect). Thanks again, Nadege :-) The staff was very friendly and had always an idea where to go and where to eat (thanks Chris and Leslie).
We had a very pleasant stay in South Beach and can recommend Hotel Astor to anybody. The hotel itself, the staff, the location are perfect! We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: King suite is perfect (inlcuding large balcony)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hotel Astor. It's so good to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and were able to benefit from the help of our staff. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Come visit us again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Astor is a great local spot, great for drinks at their 5 to 9 happy hour or for a stay on South Beach. The happy hour offers perfect little bites to go with your drinks…perfect outdoor space to relax after work or on a trip!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for stopping by the Hotel Astor, we're glad you enjoyed the 5 to 9! Feedback is always appreciated, and we welcome you back anytime.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival a young lady told us our room was not ready we left and came back at 3pm, Diondre checked us in but discovered that there were no clean rooms available he was very upset and apologizes for our rooms not being ready, he gave us two complementary tickets for free drinks!! (The drinks were wonderful!!!) He checked us in around 4pm, he apologized again and told us he is going to give us a beautiful room! He did just that me and my husband loved our room it was very modern with a little sassiness to it! Great stay me and my husband does not mind staying here again, the hotel is close to everything, the beach and the shops are literally 3 minutes away ! Highly recommended !

Stayed January 2014
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for visiting the Hotel Astor! We're so glad you both enjoyed the drinks and your room. We certainly hope you'll come to stay again soon.
milano
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Chris Valdes was above the average of the Hotel.
The hotel is fair for its price but could have a better working elevator and mattresses of the new generation in the rooms. Chris's help was personal and generous with advise and problem solving situations, he really improved the standard of our stay.
A special quote goes also to the waiter ( early riser) at the bar in the morning ready to make coffee ahead of time and again kind and generous with services and politeness
Musi Indacochea- Milan- Italy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks for stopping by the Hotel Astor, all the way from lovely Italy! We're glad you appreciated our team member Chris. The hotel rooms will be undergoing improvements quite soon, so we hope that you will decide to join us again.