Hotel Astor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$275
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$243
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$315
$246
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
Hotels.com
$388
$284
1,176 results
All reviewstwo blockssouth beachocean drivesocial clubart decowashington avenuesitting areacontinental breakfastenjoyed my stayvisit miamihotel is in a great locationbeach chairsastongigiclubsrenovationbartender
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have dealt with this hotel over the pass two years for my annual birthday gathering. This year I started my negotiations in June and had an agreed upon contract in August. Here comes the issue in the process new ownership takes over hint same thing that happen last year but finally it worked out. This year well after making several inquires about why the group rate has not been set up based on the deposit dates I was given I was told by Liza( not my original point of contact) that the owner did not want to honor my contract mind you they never even offered a rate increase leaving me to believe they just don't like large black groups.. The only good side to this is Liza is always amazing in her efforts to try to work something out once it reaches her desk. Now I have to find another location because of how this hotel does business... I just think people should be aware of this type of behavior from this particular hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Bay0420
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Location is not bad. two blocks from the ocean. The lobby and the rooms are clean. Poor quality of television channels. Ordinary furniture. Breakfast disastrous (at another hotel), Breakfast staff did not, did not have the key, we waited and we went.

Organized a garden, amateurish. In summary the hotel is ordinary.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mehsur
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for stopping by, and we always appreciate feedback. The hotel is undergoing some updates and has a new patio and lounge area. We would love to have you visit again!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here during the first week in October -for two nights on business. I stay at the Astor about twice each year and found it entirely acceptable. I see two recent reviews talk about 'being served breakfast' and another one talks of 'not trying the hotel restaurant but apparently the food is good'. The fact is there is no restaurant in the hotel and there has not been one for a number of months -so I don't know who is writing these reviwes. If it's the hotel themselves they are not doing themselves any favors if guests are expecting a dinning experience. They had a restaurant in October 2012 but as I was the only guest for dinner it was not hard to see that it was a failure waiting to happen. It is a tough option for a boutique hotel like this withso many restaurants around the corner towards the beach. .

Room Tip: Avoid any room directly facing Washington Avenue - it's like being actually on the street with honking horns and drunks coming out of the nightclubs at all hours. I requested to be moved for by second night- much better near the back!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank christopher P
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was hesitant to stay here due to some of the reviews, but it was a great decision. The rooms in the hotel are clean and quiet (I stayed on the 2nd floor). The customer service is outstanding and they go above and beyond to help you. The free shuttle from the airport is on-time and a money saver. They provide towels and beach chairs which is part of the $11 resort fee, but well worth it. The location is great and in close proximity to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The customer service was outstanding. The front counter staff Lesly, remembered our name for our stay. We stayed in the Astor Suite which is the only room with a balcony. The hotel is currently under remodel but the lobby is nice, it is 2 blocks from the beach and the complimentary shuttle to/from the airport made it a great value. Next time we come to Miami this is where we will stay

• Stayed: October 2013