“Great Art Deco hotel in central South beach”
Review of Hotel Astor

Hotel Astor
Ranked #67 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is a great 3 star hotel I paid $84 plus tax on Priceline. The room had two queen beds and a futon. It is very crisp and clean. We parked across the street for $1.75 an hour with free parking from 3 AM until 9AM. . They ticket around 10:15AM. We were very pleased!!

Room Tip: Eat at the Havana 1957 at Espanola Way. Very casual and Fantastic Cuban food. I recommend the chic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Perdido
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was at the Astor on a Business trip and I had a great time. Miami can be a very difficult place to get work done, but the Astor provided a clean quiet relaxing spot to take care of business. During my short time when I didn't have to do work the staff was very helpful in finding me great bars to have a few drinks in.The food in the hotel was great. The restaurant was like a hidden garden I wouldn't mind taking a date there (romantic). I liked that it was not expensive as well. Overall it was a very calm and laid back hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Miami but this was a great balance of price and comfort. If I were to go back I wont have to look for another hotel I'm going to stick with the Astor.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leila187
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After searching so many hotels on South Beach, I was confused as to which one to go with sense every review had some good and bad reviews. I remembered that my cousin stayed at The Astor and loved it, but more recent reviews made me hesitant. So, I said a prayer and went with it. I'm so glad I did. Andres, Jorge and Liza were WONDERFUL ! Our hotel room was nice and clean ( the only wish I have is that they add a dresser and a bigger television). We had a great time. I will not have to search again for another hotel when traveling to South Beach, I know just to reserve a room at the Astor. Thanks again,see you all soon! Blake

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Letecia B
Reviewed May 3, 2012

1st trip to South Beach.
Hotel staff very helpful and friendly with suggestions of what to do and where to eat.
Arrived early and had spoken to Andre S at the front desk who said no problem watching bags till check in.
Got a great relaxing room,nice court yard.
Had to leave do to weight gain do to great suggestions of where to eat.
Andre made the stay more personalized.
Hope to return next spring for more fun.
Shuttle to the airport was a nice touch to final departure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greg m
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Me and my friend booked a 3 night stay at Hotel Astor through Bookings.com

When we arrived at the hotel on the Saturday evening about 6pm there had been some confusion over the room type booked. We don't know if this was from the company we used to book or the hotel's fault. We were given a double room but had booked a twin room. Because the hotel was full there was nothing we could do that night and were told we could move in the morning.

We were up early the next day and our new room wasn't ready so we packed up our stuff and left it in the reception for the day whilst we went to the beach. When we came back around 4pm our room was ready.

The room was perfect with two large twin beds, sofa etc. But...we had the lift shaft in our room! It was on the second floor and everytime someone got in and out the lift or the lift moved we could hear it in our room.
Now, this hotel is a traditional Art Deco building and we understand lifts and stuff can't be moved but I am sure they would of had complaints about this before.

I am a deeper sleeper than my friend and it didn't bother me so much but I could still hear it constantly when we were in the room getting ready or at night when trying to sleep!

My friend did say something to reception but they didn't have another twin to move us in to so we had to put up with it.

When we were packing up to leave on our last day I noticed that my Versace sunglasses were missing. I had taken two pairs of sunglasses away with me and had not worn these. I imagine they got left in the room when we moved but still, they were not handed in by the maid and the reception staff (and management) refused to believe they would of been stolen by their staff as they were very honest and it wasn't as if we were checking out-we had simply moved rooms. I don't believe the cleaners would of known this!

This hotel is in a great location and they did knock off the resort fees for our inconvenience but were happy to see us out the door. The staff (minus one guy on reception whose name I forgot) were very rude and unhelpful.

Make sure you are away from the lifts!

Also, on check out, they automatically used my friends credit card to pay for the room without even asking us or confirming the price! We actually wanted to pay cash (half each) as most friends would do. What they did is actually illegal but they had no idea!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed May 2, 2012

For a girls weekend in Miami this place is perfect- heck even for couples. It's a stone's throw from the main strip and very clean. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. I didn't notice any noise when it was time for bed- there was some in the am- however that's hotels when you are on vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again, and I have recommended it. The price was also fair.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The room we were given was very large clean and very spacious bathroom. Very helpful excellent concierge that helped us know where to go for food and shopping and walking distance to everything. Valet charges was reasonable. Price turned out cheaper then advertised on here.

Stayed: April 2012