“Art Deco Beauty!!”

Ranked #51 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Texas City, Texas
“Art Deco Beauty!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Astor and we had a blast! This hotel is truly an art deco classic. Enjoyed an amazing breakfast in the retaurant. The hotel was having some issues with the hotwater, but was being taken care of. Great staff and location. We truly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: The staff was cool about upgrading if a room was availabe so it does not hurt to ask.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Melbourne, Australia

I booked 2 suites at this Hotel directly and paid Deposit
My friend got there earlier then me and managed to check in.
When I got there GEORGE ( a rogue) said there was a mistake in the booking -he can give me a room for the night and move me to the suite nxt day. I was put in a room past the FIRE door next to the emergency staircase ( good thing I am not a women as I am sure a women would have been frightened to stay there)
Next day I found out the GEORGE gave away my room to someone who he upgraded to my suite because they baught toures from him ( he pushes tours as he makes great money from them)
The Hotel has been refurbished but still average -and Lift didnt work - again glad I am not Old.

Room Tip: Suites are 2 rooms - reasonably clean BUT watch out for GEORGE
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PETER K
Lta791, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. The Hotel Astor is on it's way to a full upgrade and of course we are having to deal with a few glitches along the way. We always try to give guests the correct room type but there are times when this is simply impossible. All our front desk agents try to accommodate guests the best way they can and under the circumstances, George did what was necessary. In regards to the tours and other concierge type services, because we don't have an an actual on-site concierge, we ask that our front desk agents assume this role. We also stress that this should in no way interfere with front desk duties and service. Thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel Astor and we appreciate your business.

New York
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Finding hotel options for pre or post cruise stays can be overwhelming. So many options at South Beach, however price and location were key components for selecting our hotel.

Hostel Astor was able to accommodate my fiancé and I for our post-cruise stay in February 2012. Check in was fast and speedy, the hotel was clean and our room exceeded our expectations. The bed was comfortable and the shower/tub was gorgeous.

The hotel is definitely a boutique style layout and is not far from the beach and shopping. There wasn't much lounge/hang out area in the hotel but it did look like they were renovating a terrace area. We would recommend the hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a great view and sunshine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AriXoXo
St Croix
Reviewed March 28, 2012

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! My husband and I booked the Astor for our anniversary. As we got there, after hours on a plane, the valet took care of our luggage and our car (they were always available and willing to help) By the time we got to our room our luggage was already there. The front desk attendant was very friendly and gave us some ideas of where to go and what to do in South Beach. The room was very spacious and clean. The interior garden is beautiful and peaceful, great place to have a quiet (much needed) conversation/drinks with a loved one! We loved the art deco features and details. We are definitely coming back! (I hope real soon!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meagan s
Reviewed March 27, 2012

For us Astor is ideally located. Two blocks removed from the crazyness of ocean drive. Large cool lobby and true art deco front and interior. The hidden gem for this hotel is the restaurant and the patio. A great escape from super sized cocktails and constant loud music. The patio features a large mosaic waterfall and cool lounge music. The food is of high quality in true Italian fashion where great ingredients don't require complicated sauces to hide behind.
All in all the Astor contributed very positively to our stay in Miami.

• Stayed March 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We booked our room several days in advance, they gave us a room without A/C, and they knew it didn’t work! The hotel charges $28 per day for parking. We checked in at approx. 4:00 PM, we asked for our car at about 4:30 the next day, the valet demanded an additional $15 for parking (the hourly rate is $6) my car had both front seats moved the radio was on a station I have never listened to and the car had an additional 100 miles on it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lta791, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff and management, we'd like to express our sincerest apologies. We understand that it's an inconvenience to have to move to a different room but that was the only solution we could find at the moment (you were actually given an upgrade). In regards to our valet service, they park their cars in a secure lot a few blocks away. The valet company we use is one of the best in South Beach and we've never heard of them doing anything like this (it's true that they take a little longer that 10 minutes at times but that's only at peak hours or during special events). We will look into this matter and figure out what happened. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Astor and we appreciate your business.

Turkey
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I booked this hotel on priceline and made a full payment. When I arrived after a long international flight at 6pm and having waited in line for 30 minutes to check-in (only one guy was working at the reception) I was told that there had been some 'plumbing issues' in my room and that I had to go to another 'sister hotel'. I was treated rudely and unprofessionally by the receptionist. I asked why I was not informed by email or phone that I could no longer stay in the hotel I booked and paid for but I could not get an answer. The guy was just completely unhelpful. I asked to speak to the manager or guest relations manager and I was asked to wait. After 45 minutes wait, nobody was available to talk. I had no choice than to go to the 'sister hotel'. This was the worst experience in my entire travel experience. Absence of any customer services. I will never ever book Astor hotel again. Be aware!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki7778
Dear Nikki,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at the Hotel Astor. Unfortunately, there are unforeseen circumstances that sometimes require us (and all hotels) to relocate guests. Because we're a small, privately owned and operated boutique hotel, we don't overbook guests like some of the big corporate hotels do who can afford to move guests all over a city. We only have a sister property that helps us in times of emergencies as was the case during your stay. Again we apologize for this inconvenience, we will work to improve the relocation process in the future, and we appreciate your business.