I had no concept of what south beach was like before I arrived. It's pretty crazy. This hotel is right in the middle of the bars. I was concerned when we arrived what we were getting ourselves into but actually it was a good stay.
The rooms are lovely, and really nicely done out. We had asked for a room at the back of the hotel. We had almost no street noise. The only noise was from the corridor which was quite noisy but bearable. Overall good service. We didn't eat breakfast in the restaurant so no comments on that.
Two minor annoyances, first to come in and out of the hotel you walk through the restaurant and up some steps. There were waitstaff from the restaurant on the steps at all times, pretty much every time I went in or out of the hotel you had to ask them to move, they didn't care it's a walkway and it got quite annoying. Second our air con broke (in the August heat) on our final night. They were fully booked so couldn't offer us another room. No fans (over and above the ceiling fan) or portable air con unit were offered and no discount offered either.
Otherwise a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers is a historic property that has been recently renovated achieving the green building design certificate, situated next to the beach that offers a perfect balance between a historic building and a modern hotel. The hotel is ideally located in South Beach, within walking distance of trendy shops, nightclubs and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Room Mate Waldorf Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers Hotel Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Hotel