“Laud and not very clean”

Room Mate Waldorf Towers
Ranked #42 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Laud and not very clean”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel as it was very laud with no sound proof between the walls. We could not sleep for 2 nights that we stayed there because of the noises in the corridor and from the people upstairs. It felt like the room had no walls and you could hear anything other people do and say in their rooms.
When we arrived to our room there was still sand on the floor from the previous guests which means that these rooms don’t get cleaned properly. The bed was very squeaky and old – it’s seen better days. On top of all this as we were leaving our room one day we saw a cockroach trying to get to our room from the corridor.
All in all unless you need a room to crash after crazy night where you would not notice or care about all these things, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lazaro F, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Anna

As you see I´m responding to your comment as soon as it arrived, I can understand and accept any comment about our hotel, there are lots of guest that pass by and everyone has his own way of experiencing the same situation, but when it comes to the cleaness issue is something that is needed to be treated inmediatly. I apologise if you found sand in your room, and I would please if you dont mind tell me in wich room were you and the dates, then I can track who was incharge of that room, and find out what happened, for this porpouse Im leaving you my private mail frcasaux@gmail.com.
Regarding to the noise issue, our windows are double sound proof, and the walls between the room have of course the sound proof chamber, but still I understand you, its true that this days have been a bit loud sometimes, we are in the middle of spring break and that means this part of the city get to sleep a bit late, and although we have a special person during this days trying to keep the spring break partyers low some times for what you say the result is not what everyboby spects.
Sorry for this incovinient, and believe me that every time we dont achive to make feel everyone willing to come back, is a huge failure

Sincerelly
Fernando Ruiz-Casaux
G Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

For the past three years we have traveled to Miami and stayed at the Room Mate Waldrof. We would never stay anywhere else. The room (s) are super clean, decorated nice. The location is incredible, located right on the beach and in walking distance of several great eateries and boutiques. The staff is super friendly and couldn't ask for a more helpful manager. Lazaro assisted with all of our needs regardless of how small. Looking forward to our next vacay. Thank you for providing outstanding service Laurence Hurling & Tangela Smith

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lazaro F, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted the you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear the my team and I make you feel at home.

We are very excited that you chose to stay with us this year.

Best regards,
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just came back from a trip there this week for 3 days. This hotel was in the perfect location right across the street from the beach, along with being walking distance from Collins, Lincoln, and Washington. Once we dropped off the car the first day we didn't have to use it until the car ride home (Valet was $25 a night, which was very reasonable compared to other places). Room was great and I was very impressed by how perfectly clean the room was! One down side was our room was right behind the elevator and we could hear it going up and down all night. They provided ear plugs, but next time I would ask to be moved into a room further away. I'd definitely stay there the next time I'm down in Miami.

Room Tip: Try not to get the room behind the elevator, you'll end up hearing it all night long.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank smnm
Dear Smnm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and as always we very much appreciate it. I am glad that you found everything to your likening. I am very sorry for the noise in your room cause by the elevator, next time you find yourself here in Miami beach we welcome you to stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Jaipur, India
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited Miami on a 3D/2N trip while transiting to Santiago de Chile. Chose to stay at this amazing property right at Ocean Drive and next to famous clubs like Mango's and Clevelanders. The room I was staying at (101) was right across the road from Mango's. There's no restaurant at the hotel but then it's SoBe. PrimeTime does the job well and is like the hotel' sown restaurant. You even get a discount if you're staying at the hotel. Extremely courteous staff. Would specially like to mention Juan Carlos who did all he could to make my stay comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Pradyut M
lazaro F, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Roommate Waldorf take great pride in what we do, and we loved being able to take care of you both. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon, so until then, take care

Kind Regards
London
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Very late review but a must to let you know what a wonderful hotel it is..... Stayed July 2013

Birthday holiday, on arrival was delighted to be told we had been upgraded :)
Rooms clean & plush. Lovely base in the middle of south beach.
Hotel staff friendly & very helpful. Especially Lazaro Flores, made me & my sister feel very welcome, thank you!!!

(My children stayed with me for the first couple of nights, considering we were in the middle of south beach, we all felt very comfortable & welcome)

Thanks again

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leah2010
lazaro F, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Leah2010,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Room Mate Waldorf on TripAdvisor.

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us. I was very happy having you and your sister stayed with us.

See you on the next birthday
Lazaro
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice decoration for honeymoon :)
Nice beach infront of the Beach. Our wedding was there and was beautiful. So for it we got a ocean view room. There were not any swimming pool, we could try, unfortunatelly. I think this is only bad thing at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zs0fia
Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you choose our hotel to celebrate such an important event in your life like a honeymoon. I will communicate with my staff about what a amazing time you had here in Miami, and in our hotel. I also would like a pool in hotel, but maybe in the future we can have one. We hope to have you here with us on your next vacation to Miami .

Tropical Regards,
kamloops, bc
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at the Waldorf room mate for 2 nights prior to our cruise and loved it. The location was prime...a little noisy but it is SoBe! Cool old fashioned elevator made it oh so quaint! Small room but we'll equipped. Hot shower, body products, free internet, and a triple sheeted comfortable bed;)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nevadaskelly
Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying at The Room Mate Waldorf Towers before your cruise. Our location is ideally, as we are only 10min away from the Port of Miami. We are very happy that you enjoyed our attentive and caring service and our spacious and comfy guest rooms. We truly hope you will be our guest again, please return soon.