“Wonderful stay in South Beach”

Room Mate Waldorf Towers
Ranked #34 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 18, 2013

After multiple stays at Park Central, we decided to try something with more modern fixtures. And since we regularly stay at Roommate Grace in NYC, we knew what to expect from Roommate Waldorf Towers on Ocean Drive. It did not disappoint. We stayed in the deluxe ocean-view suite. I knew when I booked that I had picked a good room, but the desk clerk told me we had “THE room.” It was on the top floor (3rd floor) on the corner with windows facing both east toward the ocean and north along 9th. The room was quite large with a long white couch, and the bathroom was big too, with both a bathtub and a shower. This room is designed for accessibility, so it is extra spacious. Like most Roommate hotels, closet and drawer space are limited. A simple rearranging of the shelves and safe in the closet would allow longer clothes like dresses to actually fit. Duh. Being on the corner, one would expect lots of noise, but the window are double-layered, making the room surprisingly quiet. The goofy frig makes more noise than Mangos across the street. The AC worked great. The restaurant that fronts the hotel is a bit annoying to pass through, but that comes with the territory on Ocean Drive. Unfortunately, the hotel has no arrangement with anyone on the beach offering chairs and umbrellas. That was a come-down from what we were used to with Park Central. All in all, we had a very good stay in the Towers.

Room Tip: #303 is "THE room."
1  Thank SATXKen

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights in Waldorf Towers.
Location was great, the hotel's restaurant was very good.

Staff friendly and very pleasant, for me and my wife the service was nothing short of wonderful.

All in all, as a couple that stayed in the Hotel (as part of our honey moon on the east coast), we enjoyed it very much and recommend the hotel to anyone that prefers smaller hotels close to the beach (compared to luxurious hotels but that are not walking distance to the beach).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
lazaro F, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel during your honeymoon,and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our team was helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Room Mate Waldorf Towers on a future visit.

Tropical Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

very nice hotel in the heart of Miami Beach - South Beach
nice rooms and very friendly hotel staff
good food - good offers - at the hotel restaurant: breakfast, lunch, dinner with seafood
cleaning lady speaks only Spanish
valet parking for 25$ per day available at the reception

1  Thank Daria K

Dear Guest,

We want thank your for taking the time to write a review of the Room Mate Waldorf Towers here on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the food the restaurant has to offer. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

2nd time at this hotel, my sister joined their mailing list and we got $50 off a night ! I got an upgraded room as a returning customer , had a fantastic view of south beach. Noise didn't disturb me at all, but they provide earplugs if the noise is too much.

Really friendly staff on reception . We used the vallet parking, it's $5 cheaper to pay the valet than book it via the hotel, $25 for 24 hours ,

Lots of restaurants near by or walk 15 mins up to Lincoln mall and there and lots of shops!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if it's low season
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Room Mate Waldorf on Tripadvisor.

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I am very glad that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern and clean. I'm happy that we were able to upgrade your room type.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Tropical Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a very nice hotel, located right in front of the beach and with a restaurant outside that serves a nice breakfast (always ask if they have the breakfast special because when they have it, it's cheaper and very good, especially if you don't eat a lot). The room was clean, comfortable and very well decorated. The only negative point was that the shower didn't have a lot of pressure, but I can understand as this is an ecologically conscious hotel. One thing that didn't bother me at all was that it can be noisy at night, especially on weekends, because there's a club right on the side of the hotel. Fortunately, I sleep very well even with the noise. The reception staff were really nice and the cleaning ladies always left some chocolates on the bed. Wi-fi was available for free and that was excellent. The area has a lot of restaurants, bars and supermarkets at walking distance which was great for us because we didn't have a car. I will probably come back to this hotel and I will certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you don't sleep very well with the noise, ask for a room on the upper floor and facing the se...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our teams were helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Room Mate Waldorf Hotel on a future visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was really happy with the great location for affordable rates. If you are looking for a place to stay which allows you to enjoy the nightlife in South Beach, this is the place. If you prefer to enjoy the beach during the day, close to the Ocean Drive, this is also a great spot. All without having to worry with where you will park your car. But if you do have a car, no problem, because the valet services are also great! In fact, what impressed me most, which made my stay really enjoyable was the staff. Always in a great mood and willing to help. From the housekeeper to the front desk, from the guy at the bar/cappuccino machine to the people working at the restaurant up front, they were all great ! Oh, the restaurant has great food. I had a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but the noise is not that bad at the front and the view is much nicer...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marisa_Mendes
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This Miami trip was above expectations. The Waldorf Towers hotel is located on the best spot on South beach (you can count the Camaro's, Mustangs, Bentley's, etc from the terras :)). Nice hotel room, nice people, very nice Restaurant for breakfest, lunch & dinner (separate owner). The key west trip in our own Camaro convertible was the cherry on the cake!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple