“Great Hotel”

Room Mate Waldorf Towers
Ranked #37 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Hotel is great, the place is very clean. The rooms have an exceptional interior and are art deco style.

Even if it does not belong to the hotel - do not use the restaurant in the building for breakfast or dinner. Thats really a bad price / earnings ratio. But again - it does not belong to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie M, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Room Mate Waldorf on Tripadvisor.
Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I am very glad that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern and clean.
we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Tiny hotel on Ocean Drive- during some techno music event and spring break so the place was a zoo (nightmare). NOISY- to the extent that they put out earplugs next to the bed. The rooms were so small and the closet could not even accommodate hanging of my suit without leaving the door open. The bed was very low and ultra-soft and therefore very uncomfortable. Bath was also tiny. Room was clean, but that really was the only positive thing about it. Manager did find us a quiet reasonable restaurant nearby. Way over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If the location alone doesn't draw you straight away, the excellent staff and customer service at the Roommate Waldorf Towers South Beach should convince you to book a weekend and never leave! Their staff went out of their way to accomodate a room upgrade with absolutely no hassle, and then handed me my room key along with a glass of champagne! Despite the fact that the rooms were slightly small, I found them to be impeccably kept with wonderful ammenities. Also, considering the fact that it is located right on Ocean Drive, in the heart of the partying, I wasn't very disturbed by the outside noise (I traveled not only during Spring Break time, but also during the huge techno concert known as Ultra). So if you're looking for a cozy boutique hotel in South Beach, the buck stops here!

Room Tip: Ocean View looks out onto Ocean Drive and the Beach.

Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our team was helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Room Mate Waldorf Towers on a future visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I doubt it's possible to live more urban and central than this anywhere in the world. Hotel is nice. Lobby staff very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are nice and clean, but isolation between rooms and floor a bit bad... This is not a place for business nor romance, and especially not for families because of the non-stop night life outside. Be ready to sleep with ear plugs unless you're very drunk :)

If you're one of the above, you should stay below 5th at Ocean Drive. It's a bit more calm down there, yet 100-200 meters of walk will bright you right to the party.

If you're going to stay here with car / rental I cannot stress enough how important it is with valet paring. The lobby just mentions it, but they should really insist on it - unless you want to look for parking spots and run to the meeter all the time on your vacation.

Room Tip: Forget about 1st floor! Request 2nd or 3rd.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guests,

We are going to make sure that we insist the option of valet parking, for the convenience of our guest.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent 2 nights pre-cruise at The Waldorf Towers at the end of February this year with my husband and two friends. We found the location of the hotel really good, staff very friendly and helpful and the hotel was spotless. Rooms also spotless and well equipped. We thought it was really good value compared to nearby hotels and it was easy to walk to the beach, restaurants etc. Quite lively outside the hotel but location was great. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for quiet rooms as I guess the rooms fronting Ocean Drive would be quite noisy as its very...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra123_13

Dear Guest,

comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our teams were helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home. I hope you had fun in the cruise, as you did here on Miami Beach.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is right on the Ocean Drive so the location is excellent however I would not stay there again as the room was the smallest hotel room I ever stayed in my life; after we brought there our two big suitcases and two trolley bags there was literally no space left to move around and we had to jump over the suitcases. I had a feeling of claustrophoby in this room even thought we did not stay in the room much.
The room was decorated in a modern style and together with the bathroom you had a feeling you were in a 5* hotel. The bed was very comfortable.
Lobby very modern, 24/7 reception with water dispenser and a laptop to use for free for the hotel guests. As well free wi-fi in the whole hotel with very good speed for browsing/downloading.
Our room on the second floor was facing the nightclub Mango's so the sleep was not possible on the weekend. Sunday night seemed to be really busy there, you could hear the beats of the music and people screaming in the street late in the morning hours and then at 7am the garbage cars came and caused so much noised that the sleep was not possible again. The rest of our stay the noise was not so bad and the garbage cars didnt come in the morning so we were able to get some sleep.
Overall I would not stay there again as it was very expensive and I chose it based on the reviews saying that despite being on Ocean Drive the rooms are silent-it turned out not to be true in our case. As well the room size was a really big issue for me therefore next time I will chose another hotel in SoBe.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is located in the South Beach area of Miami Beach.
The hotel was very clean, the staff friendly and the location was perfect!
The only small problem was that we had to wait about 40 minutes for the valet to get our car.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple