WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Room Mate Waldorf Towers

Room Mate Waldorf Towers
Ranked #44 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sydney, Australia
“In the middle of the action.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived around 10am and booked a junior suite. It wasn't ready on arrival, so we had breakfast (not at the hotel) and came back in a few hours and it was ready. We were on the top floor (level 3) and had the corner room. Good views of the beach.

The room was large with free wifi. I think it may also be used as an accessible room, judging by the railings in the bathroom. The bed was lumpy and lopsided. Husband was sleeping lower than I was, kind of odd, so we just kept to our own sides. Lol. At night we could hear music thumping from across the road - there were also earplugs on the bedside to help you with that problem.

I'm not sure if I enjoyed staying in South Beach, the strip is full of expensive restaurants, with annoying waitresses trying to get you in. It was better to walk on the other side of the road and then you get to see the Art Deco buildings. Don't get sucked in by those huge cocktails, they say it's happy hour and it ends up being $50!

I wouldn't stay in this area again however this hotel was good for our first visit.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Natalie M, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern. We are currently changing most of the mattress in our rooms, I am terrible sorry that you slept uncomfortable.

I am very pleased to hear that our team was helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Room Mate Waldorf Towers on a future visit.

Best regards,
Lazaro Flores
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is an amazing hotel right in the middle of it all in South Beach at an excellent price. My husband & I stayed one night prior to our cruise. We wish we had more time there! The hotel is very nicely appointed, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are so sleek & modern, though a bit small, which is expected in the Art Deco district. There are ample orange-scented bath amenities supplied in very cool packaging. We also got free M&Ms and a snickers bar to snack on. There's a lot of bang for your buck at this hotel - great location and comfort. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Upon arrival, ask for a room in the back of the hotel - if you stay in the front above the restauran...
Dear guests,

Best regards,
Lazaro Flores
Front Office Manager
Copiague, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

After volunteering in Ecuador for a week, my flight back to New York was Cx due to Hurricane Sandy. I convinced the airline to send me back to the states, which just happened to be Miami. I got to Miami at 5am and to the Room Mate Waldorf Towers just after 6am. Seeing that I was exhausted after being in the airport all day and night and stranded in Miami due to the hurricane they found a room for me to crash in. Then when I woke up later in the day they switched me to my room that I booked the night before in the airport while in Ecuador. This was great and they had no obligation to this for me since check-in is in the afternoon sometime. Besides that, the rooms are very clean, modern, great location, and the staff is great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Glenn B
Natalie M, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Friend,

We at Waldorf want to say Thanks You for the wonderful review... We are glad we could be there for you when you needed it the most " thats what friends are for" We hope you had a wonderful and safe trip home.

Please come see us again under better terms without a storm.

Again Thank You

Best Regards,
Natalie and staff
Valla, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great location across from the beach. Rooms are well appointed and immaculately presented.
Staff friendly and informative. Food was good in cafe downstairs but the prices were expensive compared to other eateries in area, check the bill. No hesitation recommending the hotel though.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

We want to say Thank You for taking the time and telling future guests how great your stay was with us. It is guests like you that make us want to be the best we can be.

I am glad that you found the rooms great and my staff... Thats what we are here for.

We hope that we can have a chance to see you again :)

Best Regards,
Natalie and Team
Klaipeda, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stuff was excellent, room was very beautiful - we are very happy we dropped by Waldorf Towers on our honeymoon. we saw Miami beach through our room window and went to swim in the morning. the breakfast was nice in the hotel outside terrace. Stuff was incredibly friendly and helpful - although we hadn't listened to one of the good their advise and too the public buss to center instead of taxi. That was a mistake :) we would return to this hotel anuytime with joy. Computer on the registration desk is highly helpful for european travellers.

Room Tip: you can see Miami beach through your windows. Fantastic!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalie M, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Jurate and Arvydas,

We want to say THANK YOU for letting myself and the staff here at Waldorf be your home away during your honeymoon. We want to say Congrats on being Husband and Wife. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope in the future we can be your home away from home. Please come and visit us on many anniversarys to come.

Big Thanks ,
The Waldorf Team

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The location is amazing, the room is well furnished and really nice.
Free wifi of course.
They provide apples for free in the lobby.
You had to take a valet parking, it's quite expensive but it's the case almost everywhere in Miami. It was really a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debz84
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Waldorf. It is our number one goal is to make sure each and every guest feels at home. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the design of the rooms. We hope to see you the next time you are in Miami.

Your Friends at Waldorf

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I enjoyed Brunch and Dinner at the Waldorf Tower sidewalk cafe. It's bustling and carefree. The wait staff were attentive and pleasant. The value for the meals and drinks were average for the area. I would recommend this eatery as a good choice.

Stayed September 2012
Dear Friend,

We want to give a BIG THANK YOU for staying with us and also taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and service of our partner Prime Time;.

We hope that the next time you are in Miami you will come and visit your friends at Waldorf.

Big Thanks ,