We arrived around 10am and booked a junior suite. It wasn't ready on arrival, so we had breakfast (not at the hotel) and came back in a few hours and it was ready. We were on the top floor (level 3) and had the corner room. Good views of the beach.
The room was large with free wifi. I think it may also be used as an accessible room, judging by the railings in the bathroom. The bed was lumpy and lopsided. Husband was sleeping lower than I was, kind of odd, so we just kept to our own sides. Lol. At night we could hear music thumping from across the road - there were also earplugs on the bedside to help you with that problem.
I'm not sure if I enjoyed staying in South Beach, the strip is full of expensive restaurants, with annoying waitresses trying to get you in. It was better to walk on the other side of the road and then you get to see the Art Deco buildings. Don't get sucked in by those huge cocktails, they say it's happy hour and it ends up being $50!
I wouldn't stay in this area again however this hotel was good for our first visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers is a historic property that has been recently renovated achieving the green building design certificate, situated next to the beach that offers a perfect balance between a historic building and a modern hotel. The hotel is ideally located in South Beach, within walking distance of trendy shops, nightclubs and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Room Mate Waldorf Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers Hotel Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Hotel