1,207 results
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachperfect locationfirst floorvalet parkingart decolummus parknoisy at nightbeach chairs and towelsrooms are smallearly checkspring breaknight lifehotel is greatboutique hotelhappy hourroommate
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel is in a prime location !! Right on Ocean Dr in the middle of SOBE for half the price of the other hotels. The room is small but unless you a fitting 5 ppl in it, you'll be fine. Stayed there for 4 days with my husband and I have NO complaints...you will hear the sound of ppl and cars honking in the early morning but we drowned it out with the TV. The beds are soft..the bar is good...It works for me and I'm sure I'll stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeveninBaltimore
Natalie M, Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Hello Friend,

I want to take a moment and say THANK YOU for taking the time to write how your stay was.
I also want to say sorry about the noise of Ocean drive. We do hope that the next time you are in Miami you chose Waldorf to be your home away from home.

Best Regards,
Natalie

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel was as expected. Our room was nice... small but nice. Our view was of a side street (off of Ocean Drive). Our room was relatively quiet considering the Hotel's location on Ocean Drive. The view is of a side street, and you will get the occasional sound of people honking their horns early in the AM... but nothing too bad. I'd stay here again. Oh... the elevator is the smallest I'd ever seen. But it added to the Hotel's charm. I had an issue with the valet being kinda rude, but I can't hold that against the hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel was nice... but I did have an issue with the valet being rude. But I can't hold that against the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary A
Natalie M, Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Friend,

We want to give you a big Thank You for the wonderful comments. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come and visit again soon.

Your new friends at Waldorf.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at the Waldorf for 4 days while on a mini-vacation in Miami. It was my 1st time in SoBe and I wanted to be close to the beach. The Waldorf is on Ocean Dr. which puts you literally right accross the beach. All you have to do is cross Ocean Dr and you're there! As far as staying on Ocean Drive.. I loved it! A lot of great restaurants on that block. I went with my girlfriend who's been to South Beach before so she knew where to eat and what places to avoid. But News Cafe is a must. Their breakfast food is fantastic! They're open 24/7 and will serve you whatever you want basically. Huge portions. It's to right of the Waldorf.

The margarita's that the Waldorf's restaurant serves are phenomenal!! Very, very big. It took me almost an hour and half to finish mine. I had the Mango kind - delicious! The staff at the hotel is super nice. We didn't have any issues. Our cleaning lady did only clean our room once, not sure why just one day, but we didn't really care. If we needed extra towels we just went to the receptionist area and got some more. Our room was on the 2nd floor. We had the Delux room. According to Miami's hotels the rooms tend to run space efficient, so ours at first was a shock because it was very space efficient, but we got adjusted to it very quickly. We didn't have a safe in our room but one was brought up to us when we requested it. It was free of charge. The room was nicely decorated. And omg, the beds are super comfortable! As well as the pillows. I loved sleeping there. The hotel is very clean. Our rooms very tidy & neat when we arrived. The bathroom is spacious and very modern. There is no pool. The hotel that has a very nice pool & great pool side drink service is 'The Hotel' that's is on Collins Ave.

As far as noise... we went out and came back pretty late so when we fell asleep we were out cold. The noise outside did not affect us, but it's Ocean Drive and it's South Beach Miami.. people will be out partying and there will be noise no matter what. If you don't like noise and you want the posh type of hotel then stay at the Delano Hotel.

I highly suggest News Cafe on Ocean Drive, the food/drinks at the Waldorf restaurant, Wet Willie's before you head to the beach (right by News Cafe).. they have awesome slushies with 100+ proof liquor mixed into it. Lincoln Road has awesome shopping and dinning. Check out Espanola Way on Washington Ave. Amazing lit up street during night with different ethnic restaurants with a side of romance. Great gellato parlor on that street.

I'm glad we picked the Waldorf. It was reasonably priced, clean, put us right by the beach and on a great street, plus the people that work there were very friendly toward us.

Room Tip: We stayed in 205 and were happy with our room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CroChic

Hello Friend ,

We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Miami. It's friends like you that make us strive to be the best we can be. I am glad you loved our comfortable beds and Hotel.

Come back again soon...

Your Friends at Waldorf

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed for only on night on our way to the Keys. The location is excellent if you want to be near the South Beach scene. Right across the street from the park and beach. The Hotel is very clean and decorated nicely. Very mid century. The staff was friendly and helpful. You could stay at a motel by the interstate and pay more, I thought the price was excellent given the location. Remember you are in a city so there was some noise throughout the night, as would be expected. (Two giant Mojitos didn't help our sleep either). We were on the 2nd floor. Lots of shopping on nearby streets. Valet parking is your best bet, it costs $25 but it takes a huge hassle out of your stay since parking is at a premium on South Beach. Room space is a bit tight so if you are 300 pounds I would try another option. Overall a good choice if you want to be in the middle of everything at a very good price.

Room Tip: Bring a beach towel! And sun screen!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Natalie M, Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Frend,

Waldorf wants to give a big THANKS for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you had a wonderful trip to the Florida Keys. When you are in Miami please know that we want to be your home away from home.

Thanks again,
Your new Friend
Waldorf

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Good location to be in the centre of the action. Rooms are on the smaller size but adequate with everything you need. We had a room on the third floor to the back of the hotel so didn't have any problems with noise. Check in was great and Juan was most helpful. We decided to spend the 25 dollars to valet park as street parking was impossible. It was a battle to get into the hotel as you have to work your way through the restaurant diners on the street and up steps to the lobby. Check out was more onerous and we also had a long wait to retrieve our car from the valet. We were told by the receptionist it would take 20 minutes for the car to be bought around to the front of the hotel but we actaully waited 40 minutes. If we had known this we would have called down to reception ahead of check out to have saved some time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Friend,

We want to say THANK YOU for staying with us. I am glad that Juan was outstanding and I will make sure to give him a huge pat on the back. I wamt to apologize for the delay of the Valet parking company, I know that sometimes they get a little behind. I am glad that everything else was great during your stay.

We hope to see you again,
Your Friends at Waldorf