“mixed feelings..”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #78 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We came to this hotel after checking into and immediately checking out of a disgusting hotel on Ocean Drive.. so it was seriously a relief. The lobby and bar area was really nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was small but seemed clean, bathroom was also small but seemed clean as well. We didn't mind the small room size as we didn't spend much time there other than sleeping. A few issues we had; our room got skipped during cleaning a few times, another time the bed was made up but we didn't get any clean towels, some of the rowdier guests would slam doors and yell and the last two nights we were there we got bug bites.. I'm seriously afraid to know where they came from.. and the wonderful end to our trip was opening the bathroom door the morning we were leaving and seeing the biggest cockroach I've ever seen in the shower. I almost had a heart attack. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The people are friendly and the location is great, a block from the beach and ocean drive and surrounded by good shops.. but I don't think I'd stay again with the bug bites, cockroaches and poor cleaning service. Definitely consider wether or not you're okay with these things before booking.

Stayed: July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Good Evening morgzh,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us! Our team work hard to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! We are a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. I will make sure to share your feedback regarding housekeeping, with the Director of Housekeeping. It is constructive feedback such as yours that allow us to make the necessary changes we need to. We advise guests not to leave their windows open, as this is how these critters enter the room. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here July 11-14 & it was cool. The location was perfect: right behind Ocean Ave & in the Art Deco district!!!!! Gwen at the check in counter was AMAZING & helpful. My only issue was the towels were in constant short supply. But I def recommend.

Good Evening Whitney M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are located on Collins Ave, just blocks from all the action! Gwen our front desk agent is lovely and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back soon! We would love to have you!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel for sobe. Staff is awesome. Clean comfortable beds. Nice shower. Free drinks happy hour every night. Free wifi. Parking garage on 7th short walk. Bike sharing on 9th by the beach 2 minute walk. I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again. Great location central to everything.

Stayed: July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Hello and thank you for the time you took to share your feedback! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! We offer great amenities such as our complimentary cocktail hour nightly from 7-8PM, WiFi and much more! Please come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here it was a little more expensive than I usually go but it was a reliable clean hotel and not a huge chain so I always feel better about my karma points giving money to them. It's a 2 minute walk to the beach and they really do a great job picking out the staff. Shirley c. was a GREAT bartender and really made us feel welcomed which isn't always easy in a big city like Miami. I went to their sister chain as well and had the same experience and got the feeling that management gives the staff a lot of benefits for being well rated here and other sites so they have that extra push to be really fantastic!
Oh and I don't know his name but the front office guy who worked from 3 onward July 14th was great as well and you will get lost in his eyes and calm demeanor. HAVE FUN

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff here was so nice it made the stay the stay amazing. Special thanks to Shirley C who went out of her way to make our visit (me and my 2 friends) the best time we had in Miami! Thank you staff of the Shelly!!

• Stayed: July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hello there Meowcat3000,

We are stoked to read that you had a 5 star time with us! We strive on providing outstanding service and we are glad that you got to experience that! Shirley is absolutely wonderful and I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The staff was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean enough, and the location is perfect. The value of the hotel is unbeatable, and the free daily happy hour was a great touch. We really enjoyed our stay, and would likely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your review Lrnpatrick!!! I am glad that you noticed the hard work and efforts our team puts in daily! We are glad that you had such a great time! We would love for you to stay with us again!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visit Southbeach many times a year so the only real way to tell if I like a hotel is if I stay there the next time I go, and i am staying at the shelley again! The best part about this hotel is the staff! Alex is amazing!!!! I dont see why he is not running the place yet, somebody get him a promotion! Monel is super helpful and the bartender (sorry I forgot her name, but that only means that she does her job well) is very nice! Great location, great food, great bar, great prices!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Good Evening Mya207,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback! We are stoked you had such an amazing stay with us! Our staff are all hard workers, and want to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! Please come back again soon!