“Convent location”

Ranked #87 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Convent location”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great service and wonderful location! Front desk was exceptional with friendly and helpful advice as well! Clean rooms with air and good amenities along with music and tv! It is a young and inviting atmosphere that welcomes any travelers with helpful books and pamphlets of the immediate location but also the surrounding Miami areas! It is the perfect place to get away with your own space, yet right outside the hotel is the nightlife for blocks! Get here and start your vacation!

• Stayed June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hello Loveblonde23,

We are thankful for the time you took to provide us with your feedback! We provide a great time, at an unbeatable price, in a fantastic location. Everything you want is right around the corner from us! We offer a great load of money saving amenities. Please come back for another memorable time with us! We would love to have you!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Man my first time in Miami I didn't know what to expect as far as hotels & people, However Damian & Alton make my stay at the Shelly fun and easy. They were both very polite & well mannered assisted with anything I needed 5 stars across the board I would deff come back again

• Stayed June 2014
Good Evening CarlaG4,

There is nothing that we love to read more then positive feedback such as yours! I will make sure that Damian and Alton are both aware of your kind praise! They provide outstanding service, along with the rest of our team!

Brentwood, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 5 nights. The service was splendid, the location was marvelous, the hotel was old but with a modern feel. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Alton at the front desk took care of every need we asked for. The hotel is literally a block from the beach, banks, restaurants, liquor stores, clubs, souvenir stores, anything you could need. The rooms are small with a tiny closet but nice, comfy beds, nice TV for him to watch the game, big shower and a cold AC. Couldn't have asked for anything more with a great price to go along with it. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hello there ByeFeliciaS,

There is nothing that means more to us then a review with 5 stars! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, on your trip down to Miami! Outstanding service is what we provide to each and every guest! Alton our front desk agent is lovely! I will definitely make sure to inform him of your kind praise! We are just a block from the beach, and blocks from all the hottest spots on South Beach. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore, our rooms are a little smaller then your average hotel room.Please come back for another great time!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I got to the Shelley late at night and tired. i wanted to check in & get to bed, instead, i got this guy at the frontdesk staring at me like if he did not do what to do. he asked me for my ID and credit card and started checking the computer, then he told me to have a seat & called someone on the phone. Then he told me he had no room for me. & went about his bussines ignoring me. minutes passed and asked him wether he was going to check me in or not, i had no response for about a minute & suddenly told me to cross the street & see the front desk agent at the Chesterfield, i asked him why & he did not know what to say. So i cross the street & was greeted by mr German. i explained to him the situation, he checked the computer & told me there is nothing wrong with your reservation, he apologized to me & within 3 minutes he checked me in at Shelley!!! the guy that was not able to help me, his name was Matthew, & i got really mad, but your other employee, with his apology and fast service, calmed me down. then later i heard Matthew was a trainee. but without a doubt i think he should not be left alone. The rest of my stay was absolutely gorgeous & i will not only point out my gratitude to German but to alton & Oliver as well. i definitely will give you guys another try.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Good Afternoon Eva C,

We would like to take the time to thank you for share your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We strive on providing outstanding service. It pains us to read that is not what you were given! I will make sure that our General Manager is aware of Matthew's service! He is indeed a trainee. so we will make sure this doesn't happen again! I will make sure that the mentioned staff is aware of your kind praise! :) We hope that you would come back and stay with us again soon!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I came for 3 nights and I had a very nice experience. I knew a lot of hotels on South beach already and this one offered a very attractuve price.
The location is perfect !
Lobby is welcoming, with a nice bar and good music! The front desk agent, Alton, and the bellman Raul, who took care of us were very nice! Friendly and helpful. Everyday smiling.
The room was nice. Very comfy beds, and it was clean.
The bathroom was ok, a lil bit damaged but nothing bad.
Only the AC in the room was a lil bit noisy, and doors in the morning might wake you up.

For the price we paid, we will definetely come back to the Shelley hotel. I loved it.

Room Tip: well you can ask a room not on first floor, music can be too loud I guess.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hello there MIssEatandSleep,

We would like to thank you for the time you took, to share your honest feedback with us! We are glad to read that your time spent here was such a great one! We offer unbeatable prices, located in a prime spot, with great money saving amenities to go with. I will definitely make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Our staff is always hard at work to ensure that everyone is having a great time! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wonderful environment, friendly staff, and overall great experience!! Gwen at the front desk was most helpful .. And very HOT!!! I'd highly recommend this stay to anyone looking to enjoy south beach Miami

• Stayed May 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good Evening juss_rock,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time! I will make sure to inform Gwen about your great praise! She will be stoked to hear about it! Please come back again soon! We would love to have you!

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I complained at least four times regarding the toilet in our bathroom. The front desk person sent maintenance and a temporary fix was in place. I left for a couple of hours and came back -water was pouring out of toilet. There was water in the room as well as the bathroom ... Just horrible service I was very disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello there Chandra J,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are terribly sorry that you experienced some issues while staying with us. Perhaps the temporary fix was not enough to resolve the issue. We did what we could in order to fix the issue until a professional company came out. We wish that you would give us another chance in the future. I would love to personally handle your reservation, and make sure your time spent with us is an all out success.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels