“Wonderful weekend!!!!”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #79 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just came home last night from my very first visit ever to south beach. It took me about 3 weeks to book a room anywhere just cause I was very skeptical not to mention very picky and since I wasn't familiar with the area didn't know what to expect and didn't know if I wanted a hotel with a pool or not and other amenities a resort would have. We were traveling with my cousin and her husband so I needed to book two rooms. Let me say that when we arrived from the moment I stepped into the lobby I was so happy that I had chosen Hotel Shelley. My nerves were finally at ease. What an adorable hotel. It does not have amenities like pool or gym but I definitely was not there to work out and if I want a pool I can use the one at home. Right in the lobby there is a very nice bar/lounge area. They play music and karaoke and right outside they have a sitting area where you can just chill. I got each room at a very good rate and my experience was awesome. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable we felt like we were on clouds. The only drawback from the room was that our room was a bit tiny and did not have a closet for clothes. My cousin's room was a lot bigger with a closet so next time we go which we are already saying we are returning I am going to make sure I ask for a larger room. One block walk to the beach. The entire weekend was amazing and it started with our stay. I can't think of enough things to say about Hotel Shelley. Kudos to Hotel Shelley...we loved it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa O
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello Lisa O,

Thank you for taking your time to post your extensive review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your first ever trip to South Beach! I am glad that from the moment you stepped into our hotel you were at ease! Hotel Shelley is a funky and hip boutique hotel. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of your room. The location of our property can't be beat! We are in the center of it all within walking distance to all the hot spots. Next time we will make sure that your room is like the one your cousin had! We look forward in having you again!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The management is seriously trying to trick you. I was shocked by them making you pay more than the list price when you arrive. Stay away from hotels like this.

Otherwise the rooms are very small and the general impression is dirty. Thus the value for money is one of the lowest I have experienced in my life.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jenmat1
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Good Afternoon Jenmat1,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback! I am terribly sorry that you feel that our management is trying to trick our guests! We do take a $100 hold off of your card for incidentals. That hold is released as soon as you check out. Perhaps you were not aware of this at the time that you placed your reservation. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then the average hotel. We do offer rooms that are larger in size for those guests who would like more space.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was located in a great place down Collins avenue right around the corner from the beautiful south beach. With access to local shops and bars was a real treat. The hotel did have a great feel downstairs with a open bar and dining areas. There is wifi available (only downstairs - nothing in the rooms!) and the rooms were annoying to access with the swipe card. The rooms were very small and the room has the weirdest smell to it (maybe the aircon?) the place is loud downstairs with music and outside but strangely enough upstairs its quiet and peaceful. They have a happy hour between 7-8 but with the cheapest alcohol and the staff are all friendly and nice. I would recommend this place to stay for a cheap night picking up the local talent - don't take your families there unless you want to sleep on the floor!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Am an experienced traveller and understand what you should pay for to what quality. Usually not complaining that much but following has to be said.

Arrived during Miami Winter Conference and you'd expect a busy hotel. But what happened was that we had to pay 60$ extra per ro and night to get that extra queen size we'd already booked and paid for thru Expedia. Hotel meant that booking thru third parties don't guarantee that you get what you actually paying for since it's all about what's available. Obviously they had beds available but we still had to pay extra....

Once in the room you could tell that it was a really low standard for 400$ per night. No storage at all, beds that they probably bought at some cheap mall and paint to cover the poor walls.

Later I ordered a beer in the bar (which had about ten people throughout the whole week...) and it costed me 13 dollars for a local beer. I asked about the price and they said it was due to these busy weeks which I understand in general but not when your paying less in the fanciest clubs around. Obviously know nothing about how to generate sales.

Location is good but that's about it. I'd recommend everyone to go elsewhere. Not because you can't stay there but because they drive sales in a poor and cheap way.

[--] place in other words.

1  Thank SMB0000
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our first time in Miami, don't ever moan about the traffic in London. Thank goodness we had a sat nav otherwise may have got completely lost. The hotel is on the beach side of Miami on a busy road. Having found the hotel which is in the Art Deco Area the question of parking came up. We were offered 3 options, park in the street on a meter (if you can find one), park in a Public car park but if you leave it you may not get back in or Valet parking. Although this was $32 per day it was the best option as you could have the car when you liked. When we checked in Dusto who was on reception was very helpful.
The hotel room was tight for space, but comfortable. As it was Spring Break time there were a lot of college/university youngsters there. Happy Hour each evening from 7-8 - not all drinks and small measures. Room and bathroom was clean and comfortable

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a charming little hotel with good customer service. The staff was always accommodating and friendly. The rooms are a bit small, but for the price we payed we didn't expect anything grandiose. My only complaint was they added on some service fees after we already payed and booked (although I here this is what hotels are starting to do similar to what airlines have done). To make up for the fees we made sure to take advantage of the complimentary drinks during happy hour. Overall, it's a great hotel if you're looking for a cozy and clean place to stay, and you are staying in Miami to get out and explore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet P
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel a couple of hours before our flight and were nervous about arriving so early since check-in was at 3pm. Nevertheless, we were able to check-in ahead of time free of charge. The rooms are small and dark but who goes to South Beach with the intention of staying in the rooms. The room was very clean and our beds were extremely comfortable. We have never experienced such great customer service from the hotels staff. Christina the Bartender was AMAZING! She was really friendly and made great drinks! Overall we had a great time at this hotel and for the location the price isn't too bad.

• Stayed: March 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello Abbyflo,

Thank you for posting your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to know that you had a great time while staying with us!! I see that we were able to accommodate you with an early check- in, free of charge. Our rooms are a little bit smaller then your average hotel. We are indeed a boutique hotel and therefore our rooms are smaller. I am glad that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, as well as with the service that was provided to you. We hope to see you soon!