“Great location and customer service”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #83 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Passaic, New Jersey
“Great location and customer service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel a couple of hours before our flight and were nervous about arriving so early since check-in was at 3pm. Nevertheless, we were able to check-in ahead of time free of charge. The rooms are small and dark but who goes to South Beach with the intention of staying in the rooms. The room was very clean and our beds were extremely comfortable. We have never experienced such great customer service from the hotels staff. Christina the Bartender was AMAZING! She was really friendly and made great drinks! Overall we had a great time at this hotel and for the location the price isn't too bad.

• Stayed March 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Abbyflo,

Thank you for posting your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to know that you had a great time while staying with us!! I see that we were able to accommodate you with an early check- in, free of charge. Our rooms are a little bit smaller then your average hotel. We are indeed a boutique hotel and therefore our rooms are smaller. I am glad that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, as well as with the service that was provided to you. We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked this hotel on Last Minute Travel for November 2012. I had never stayed in South Beach ever before. I have only stayed Downtown Miami and wanted to experience SOBE. We arrived late on Nov 21/12 and learned that we missed the shuttle and due to the fact that it was so late we took a taxi. When we arrived we stood at the front desk for almost 1/2 hour waiting to be assisted in our check in. The hotel is so dark its hard to see anything and maybe they could not see me? Well we finally got our keys and trudged to the upper floor (they have no elevator) with the bell boy assisting with our luggage. We got to our room and the bell boy opened the door only to hear a scream from a lady who was laying in the bed!!!!! We scrambled out the door and stood in the hall way in shock! The bell boy went back downstairs to retrieve another room. Well long story after waiting another hour we finally were into our room. By this time it was almost midnight and we were exhausted. We got into this room to find it smaller than the smallest dorm room I have ever been in! We could not put our luggage near the bed as there was no floor space to be seen, so we pushed it all into a tiny closet. The room was poorly lit with only one tiny lamp in the room and no ceiling lights. We decided to maybe go to eat as the hotel was very loud and we didnt think we could get any sleep. We went across the street and found a really nice restaraunt and had a nice meal. We returned to our room at 1:30 am and decided to fall asleep. This proved to be very difficult as the bed was a futon mattress on a platform bed!!!!! When my boyfriend moved I rolled off. It was so uncomfortable but we made the best of it. I called LMT to change the booking for our post cruise to ANYWHERE but here!!!!

We woke up at 5:00 am because we were so uncomfortable and I went to the front desk to get a letter stating that we did not want to remain at this hotel for the remainder of our trip (to send to LMT to justify another booking). THERE was NO one at the front desk!!!! I rang the bell, I phoned from my phone, there was no one around at all, and I stayed there for 1/2 hour. I did get concerned that they left the Credit Card manifests and receipts on the desk for everyone to view (was right in hands reach). I was appalled!!!! I went back to our room and began to pack for our departure to anywhere. My boyfriend and I left the room and walked to the beach just to get out of that room. We returned around 7:30 am and found that there was one staff member there, I told them that we were going to be checking out right away and they told me to talk to the manager when he arrived at 9:00am. We went back to our room and thats when i just about vomitted! I had lost my luggage key in the bedding so i was pulling it off when i noticed something on the sheets. I asked my boyfriend if he had a bloody nose in the night he said he hadn't and thats when i revealed huge blood spots on the sheets, under the pillow and on the blanket!!!! My boyfriend said "well thats what must be on the walls too" and sure enough there was blood on the bathroom walls as well. I noticed vomit on the curtains and thats when I just had enough!!!!

We grabbed our luggage and hauled it downstairs and then demanded to speak to the manager immediately! The manager was called and he came over from the Chesterfield Hotel across the street within 1/2 hour. I had taken pictures with my phone and began to show him the pictures, he apologized profusely and had a bell boy come get our luggage and he set us up in his other hotel right away. (I will do a review of the Chesterfield Hotel in another review).

When we returned to Canada I called LMT and spoke to the lady who booked us at the Hotel Shelley and told her our issues there. I emailed her the pictures and told her that this was the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at. We did receive a refund for our nights stay and we made note that we will never stay here again and will warn others from staying here as well.
Regarding the hotel shuttle, the bus runs every 2 hours not every hour like stated on their site.

Room Tip: To choose the best room, its best to book elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank momwithlove

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I had the best mojitos in Miami there! Bartender Anna was the best. Very attentive and fun. We had a very good evening and fantastic party with a good music there. Amazing coctails, amazing service at the bar! Thank you very much, Anna! We will come back next year!

1 Thank Evelina K
Good Afternoon Evelina K,

Your wonderful feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! Anna is definitely a wonderful asset to our team, and all of the guests absolutely love her! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! We hope to see you soon!

Palm Coast, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Rooms are small but very modern with mini bar and flat screen tv. It's a place to sleep and relax when your not out enjoying South Beach or at the excellent daily OPEN BAR Happy Hour for guests. I have been there twice with my girlfriend and there will be a third time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retiredrob
Hello Retiredrob,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely glad that you had a great time while staying with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. We hope to have you stay with us for yet a THIRD stay!! :)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We loved this place due to so many things! The staff was probably the best part, Dusko was very helpful in assisting us with booking an extra night and ensuring that we made it to the airport on time despite one of their shuttles being down. Kristina, the bartender, was very friendly and made it a point to get to know every guest who walked through the door. She also knew of all of the hot places to hang out and she made the best drinks!! The rooms were a little small but nice and clean and are good for a short stay, where your main focus is to get out and see the city. I would definitely recommend as Hotel Shelly is a place that I can trust!

Room Tip: It is $9 for a super quiet room, which is worth it if you are a light sleeper. Our room did not have...
1 Thank leespeace
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Afternoon Leespeace,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful 5 star feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff that was lucky to serve you! I will inform the mentioned staff of your praise! They love to hear how they are doing. They also know the hot spots in South Beach and are able to give great tips and pointers on great places to eat, shop, party and lounge around.

We can't wait to host your next visit to South Beach!

Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is my second and my cousin's first time staying at Hotel Shelley. I really enjoyed the stay and location the first time around which was why I booked it this time around. I didn't think the service could get any better but it did! We came in and were upgraded to a Master Suite with a King size bed simply because they had an extra room at no extra cost! (Thanks Pedro!). Raul, the gentlemen who carried our luggage to the third floor was also very friendly and polite. Great welcoming! Our room was very clean and the king bed/bathroom was great (came with a jacuzzi-probably because it was the master suite..again, thanks Pedro). The only minor issues with the room was the minimal lighting which made it a bit hard to see. Additionally, in the morning there was some construction work going on outside that served as our alarm to wake up/go to the beach lol. Happy Hour was fantastic. Aside from having free drinks from 7-8, Christina was a very sweet bartender and the Karaoke DJ was entertaining and a great singer himself! Aside from the wonderful staff and service, Hotel Shelley is located on Collins which is great for shopping and a street away from Ocean Drive where there is plenty to see and do! (Beach, restaurants and clubs)! My go to place when in Miami!

Room Tip: The standard room with twin beds is a bit smaller than the master suite but still great quality!
1 Thank Tahina M
Hello Tahina M,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to take your time to share it with us! I am glad to read that you are a loyal returning guest! Our location is prime! We are in the heart of South Beach within distance of walking to it all! Our employee's are always eager to serve you with nothing but smiles, and I am glad that is what you were given! I see that we were able to upgrade you to a Master Suite! We love accommodating our guests with little unexpected extra's when we are able to! I will definitely let the mentioned staff know about your kind praise! They love to hear the guests feedback! I am glad that you were content with the cleanliness of your room! The personality of our rooms are a bit dark, yet sophisticated! We are able to provide you with extra lamps. We do provide those to the guests that need some more illumination. Were you able to speak with a front desk agent or operator in regards to that? I see that you took advantage of our lovely complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm nightly! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Clean, nice rooms even with a security box. Our stay worked fine. Position is great (it is just a few meters from Ocean drive). Maybe a bit too noisy (it seemed like a disco club all day long). If you are young and enjoy the fun then this is a good chooice!

Room Tip: Go to highest floor possible!!! :)
2 Thank Pier-1974
Good Afternoon Pier-1974,

Your kind feedback on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I see that you were content with the cleanliness of the hotel and your room. We do provide safe boxes for your security! It's great to have peace of mind that your special belongings are safely secured!! Our location is great! We are in the heart of South Beach, within walking distance to all of the hot spots. We are all about having fun and creating everlasting memories! Please come back and stay with us again, in the near future!

Have a great day!