“LOVE This Hotel”

Ranked #85 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“LOVE This Hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel not once but TWICE just weeks apart. Ricardo the bellman is simply amazing! Words cannot describe how awesome he is! Jorge is another name that comes to mind. He checked us in both times and was extremely helpful! It's obvious these two know what they're doing and have passion about it. The hotel has a beach towel service, just request a towel on your way out and they will give it to you. They also have a daily Happy Hour for the guests. Sit around the bar, have a few laughs with other hotel guests or chat up the staff. The rooms are kind of small but it gets the job done, most hotels in SoBe are going to be small. Saw a few creepy crawlies the first night in the room. Had all the sheets changed and they went away, not sure if that fixed it or just the timing. My room came with free breakfast, but we weren't getting up from 8-930 to eat breakfast after coming in around 4 or 5. The room has a mini bar, we didn't use it though. The beach, shopping, food and public transit is all within a block or so. The hallways have dim lighting but I think they were using those energy saving lights. The rooms also have stereos in them. Nice to be able to listen to a bit of music while getting ready to venture out. I think I can honestly say after mingling with most of the staff there were only two that we found truly unfriendly. Maybe they were having a bad day, no mind to them though. For what we paid for a week, will def stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: There is a $100 deposit put down at check in. They actually charged me it, then I think refunded it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin B
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Ryan F,

Thank you for being a repeat guest! We love to make our guest feel welcome with our friendly staff. We will definitely tell Ricardo and Jorge how they made your stay amazing. We hope that the next time you visit you will enjoy your stay just as much. I am sorry to hear you felt that there were two employees that were not friendly. If you would remember their names I would like to forward it to management to be able to look into the issue. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Vibe Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My partner and I had a very late check in at 9pm. The moment we walked in we were greeted with smiling faces. The bar had a dj and was playing great music. The room was very clean though with 2 beds seemed small. We thought our room would be noisy but it wasn't. The girl at the bar I believe Ksenia was her name was very attentive and alot of fun. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tahoestud25
Tahoestud25,

Great to hear you were greeted with smiling faces. Our staff is trained to be warm and friendly with all our guest. We will let our bartender know she provided you with great service. Thank you for recommending our hotel.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Shelley. Bellman RICARDO was awesome. Always smiling, friendly and helpful. I hope he's there if/when I return one day. I would definitely stay at this hotel again... the location is GREAT. The lighting is VERY poor in the rooms so I can see why women would complain about getting ready.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Im032208,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Ricardo is a great team member and we are lucky to have him. We hope to see you again in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2012

shelley hotel was great...........it was very fun..Ricardo who is the bellman is very good person..............he is so fun.............We loved here................and I and my friends wanna come again..:))))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I came with another friend and we had a amazing experience. The hotel is part of the decor art scene of Miami Beach. The rooms are super contemporary and very confortables, unless you want to go to sleep, it is not good because of loud music. It is one block away from a beautiful beach where you find many international young people, together with famous restaurants and bars on Ocean Drive.
The staff was incredible, the bellman Ricardo, made our stay very enjoyable, he was always attentive and always ready to make us laugh plus guide us to the best spots in the area for dining and partying, together with the front desks guys that were so servicial (Dusko, Ana, Jorge), thank you guys!
I would not only come back but recommend this hotel to all my young friends and colleagues back in Russia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank K-Ivanovna
K-Ivanovna,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff will be pleased to hear the great review on the service they provided. It is great to hear you will recommend our hotel. We look forward to your return.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Shelley offer everyhting to have fun in the same hotel. The the blond receptionist was very warm and helpfull. The bell man was always smiling. It was just one block away from the beach. I highly recommend Shelly´s for young and fun people. Old people, just stay away unless you want to have fun. My only comment: halls with more lights.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rachel B
Rachel B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for all to read. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return.

Antigua
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Clean on Ocean drive excellent . I was pleasantly surprise about the decor and the whole ambiance . Weldone I will stay there at my next visit