““Got What I paid for AND Some””
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #80 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Traveling is my biggest hobby especially when I find cheap rates in cool places. Apparently it was swim week in Miami beach so I paid a little over 100$ a night at the Shelley. My boyfriend and I flew in from Chicago and rented a car. It took about 20 mins from the MIA airport to arrive. Driving down Collins and seeing all the action was amazing. There were so many people walking the streets it kind of reminded me of vegas. We found parking right next to the hotel to avoid paying the valet fees and checked in. There was a dj playing good music and it got us right in the mood. Our room was on the first floor which was super convenient. The bell man was super nice and insisted on bringing our bags up. During check in the front desk girl offered restaurants suggestions, night club ideas, where to shop, where to drink, where to snack, etc. That was great service in itself. The hotel was completely booked so it became a really fun atmosphere especially during the free 7-8 happy hour. We took complete advantage of that since drinks are usually $12. The bar tender was very nice and made us strong drinks. The room was comfortable and very artsy. Loved the staff and the whole environment of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank windycitybaby

999 - 1,005 of 1,564 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My bff and I came to miami for a girls trip in september 2010, we were looking for a cheap hotel close to the beach and I picked hotel shelley. For $54 a night it was a steal. The beds were comfy, bathroom was clean, and location was prefect. They offer happy w free drinks from 7-9. Only complaint is walls are thin. Other than that I loved this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Rashedabionka
Reviewed August 4, 2011

GREAT: location of hotel, romantic setting of hotel, the nice beach within walking distance, public transportation to all places, parties all over town (mostly for the younger crowds). Nearby Clevelander is a great place to hangout. Local boutiques have awesome clothes.

NOT SO GREAT: young hotel staff (most are immature and have no concept of hotel customer service), $32 valet parking PER DAY (we didn’t rent a car. just wanted you to know). Very expensive minibar in room. PARKING (for those that bring a car to this area) JUST OK: hotel food, hotel drinks, no elevator, bathroom toiletries. The young male bartender was very unfriendly.

DISAPPOINTMENTS: $15 per day hotel fee (you don’t actually drink for free from 7-8pm. it’s actually included in the hotel fees). not a huge deal, just wanted you to know. If you’re taking the free SOUTHBEACHGROUP shuttle bus, make sure you plan your return flight correctly. The morning shuttle buses DO NOT START RUNNING UNTIL 7 AM !! Therefore, we had to spend $35 for a cab (7am flight). Hotel does NOT have a pool

OVERALL: This is partytown USA. If you’re not here to party, you’ll probably not like it. Definitely NOT a place to bring small children. As for us, we’re a couple in our early 40’s. We had a very nice time but probably will try the Clevelander next time. If you don’t want to hear music all night long, request a room in the rear of the 2nd or 3rd floor. We had room 315 and it was perfect. We got a great deal on EXPEDIA!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bronxray36
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I decided to come stay at Hotel Shelley with my friend for my 21st birthday and it was everything i wanted and soooo much more! I LOVED every minute of it. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. It was 6 am and the receptionist ordered food for me and picked it up because I was scared to go alone at the time. I would reccomend this hotel for people who love to party and meet new people. The happy hour was one of the best parts the drinks were very strong and the bartenders super friendly. Hotel Shelley is very close to everything all the clubs, shops, the beach. Also very clean hotel. Nothing that I could complain about :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have a great time here, It was a flying visit with some friends, I headed to Key West this trip
I forgot I never linked the video of the Shelly... Have a look for yourself. ..
or

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank carina123London
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My and my boys were looking for a cheap hotel room a few weekends ago. We found hotel shelley on hotels.com and decided to give it a try. We drove down from west palm beach. We found street parking very close to the hotel. Check in took 2 seconds and we stayed in room 211. The room had 2 nice queen beds. The furniture was cool. The vibe and atmosphere was amazing. the was like a 24 hour party in the lobby. Girls everywhere. Especially during the free 7-8 happy hour. I think the hotel was sold out because they only had 1 room left when I checked in. The staff were all very friendly. The bellman helped us carry our luggage to our room. It was right across the street from 2 other south beach group properties,.. the chesterfield and leon. Even tho it was a huge 24/7.. we got peace and quiet in our room when we wanted to go to sleep. The beach was like a 3 minute walk away. I was bummed that there was no pool, but the beach was better. You can literally walk right outside the hotel to eat and shop. Everything was super convenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank littleitaly1
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The rooms are small and have no lighting! One night our air conditioner broke and was 90 degrees that day. The first night we stayed there we went to the beach and got sand all in our room. So being courteous I decided to take the bed sheets off in the morning to indicate we wanted new sheets. Well coming back to our room later that evening we noticed that the house keeping staff just made up the bed with no sheets on. We went down stairs and talked to some googly eyed girl and she said she would fix it. Well that was a load of bull. Later that night we came back at 1am and the sheets still weren't on. The next morning we complained again. They said they would take care of it. The next day we drove to the keys and didn't come back until 3:30am. To NO SURPRISE the bed was made up again with no sheets on it. UNBELIVABLE! The next morning I went down stairs and stated that we had slept with no sheets for the 2nd night in a row. This time the girl at counter actually acted concerned. And the sheets were put on about 5 hours later.
Next we walked down the stairs asking for ice for the ice bucket, the bellman and the front counter girl (were just standing there talking) said oh you have to go across the street to the Chesterfield for ice; we don't have an ice machine. I have to go across the street? What hotel doesn't have an ice machine? Also we had to go across the street again to print our boarding passes, another great inconvenience.
I guess I can't complain about the free drinks, but they only give you vodka or gin, the cheapest junk alive in a 4 ounce glass. You can buy the bottle they used at the liquor store for about $4. So if you want a bad hangover then go down stairs and enjoy the crap.

Will never ever stay in this hotel again, would rather sleep with the bum that slept on the curb down the street for free. Please spend a little extra money and stay somewhere nice. I learned my lesson.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple