“Never stay here”

Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Houston
“Never stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. We booked a long w/e in June and booked a deluxe suite. Upon arrival we were given a v small double room that was grim and stank of smoke. They would not change our room until the next day when the manager arrived. The next day they offered us a junior suite and refused to compensate us for the difference! We also had v little maid service or any service full stop! To date there has been no apology for the mistake, they were rude and did not care about customer service, we are still waiting for our money back.

• Liked — Nothing, would not recommend this hotel
  • Disliked — Service, rudeness of staff, incorrect booking, no apology, no refund
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laurablack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

What a terrible hotel! We have never had a worse hotel experience than this, I honestly don't know how this place stays in business. If only we'd read the reviews on this site before booking we'd have saved ourselves a week of heartache. Do yourselves a favor, book somewhere else, anywhere else, DO NOT think that this place will be OK!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phil080
Queens, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

OK...I have stayed in many hotels on South Beach over the past 8 years. The service is not usually outstanding, that's ok I go for a girl's weekend we need a clean place to lay our heads-that's it! But this place was ridiculous! To begin, the AC never worked properly. We
were in Miami in July, I love hot weather but you need AC in JULY in MIAMI. During the day it was very hot and at night it was still pretty sticky. We complained, they said they would come fix it, they never did. The ceiling fans would have helped, right? But only one of
the two in the room worked. The front desk provided us with a desk fan to compensate. It really helped cool our "premium suite" down. Our phone never worked. The toilet was broken and did not flush. We called three times before someone came who....couldn't fix it!!!! Finally my friend fixed it with a safety pin and a rubberband. The housekeeping cleaned the room every night and never left any towels, not one set! Back down to the front desk because....Oh right the phone doesn't work! The housekeeping didn't leave any towels but they
left our empty pizza boxes though, I mean they could take out the trash?? It started to become a comedy of errors. I could go on but I think most folks have gotten the picture by now. I don't know anyone who would be happy staying at this dump. You expect AC and a working phone and toilet for $170 a night....Beware....

• Liked — Nothing.....
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
5 Thank missbigcee
NEW YORK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

I stayed at this hotel June 2007 and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located within walking distance of everything that south beach has to offer. (so don't rent a car because there will be no where to park it and you can just walk) My room was actually in the hotel next door (the "lily" something) and so we didn't have to deal with the loud music bumping from the hotel bar at night. But if you stay in the main hotel and want to "relax" then you may have some issues. The room was modern and clean and housekeeping did their job.
My only complaint is having to carry my luggage up 4 flights of stairs. (no elevator) and the hotel didnt have a restaurant ...only a hot plate at the bar...seriously. Also the staff was useless! Nobody knew anything ...in fact most of the time there wasnt even anyone around....just the bartender. Anyway, overall nice hotel, reasonable price...I would stay here again.

• Liked — large modern room
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
Nashville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

The trip to south beach was for my bachelor party, so I didn't want the guys going to have to drop a lot of money on room and flight. We decided on Chesterfield of location and rate. We reserved the Executive Suite, which is in the building next door(lilly leon). The room was fine in terms of space and what not. If you are wanting plush, stay somewhere else. But if you need a place to crash for a few nights of partying, this hotel is fine.

The Good- Like everyone says, the location is great. You are right in the mix of beach, clubs, shops, etc. Everything is close. The bartenders in the Lilly Leon building were cool. Drink prices are kinda steep unless your getting them free at 7 till 8.

The bad- Check-in was kind of a rough. My best man had payed for room in advance with a $100 deposit. When we checked in, they tried to put another $100 deposit on it. We just got the feeling we might be getting ripped. We had printed off our paid receipts, so it worked out.

Overall, it was a good experience. Miami Beach is a non--stop party and we had a blast. I would probably look for another hotel if we go back to South Beach.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
Washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

There are many hotels in South Beach and I think you can do better than this place. I stayed for two days and never received any maid service. Half of the lights in my room did not work. I stayed directly over the lounge, and the music was clearly heard in my room until 4AM. When I checked out their computer system was down. The desk clerk told me he would e-mail my bill. I had to call 12 times over the course of a week to finally get the hotel to send me my bill. Save yourself the trouble and stay someplace else.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor customer service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank trvlrcg
Charleston SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2007

My husband and I booked 2 rooms for a Sun-Wed stay the night before leaving. Our friends arrived a day late and the ladies at reception happily cancelled their room for the Sunday night. Unfortunately, 2 hours later when our friends found they would make it on time the room had already gone. For $100 a night (plus $5 resort fee) you could not ask for better in South Beach. Hotel is a street away from the Beach, close to bars, restuarants and shops, u do not need a car. If you do bring a car I would not recommend valet. The hotel group runs the valet for all of their hotels in the area so it will take u 45mins + to get your car. The foyer has a bar and DJ that plays loud music till 6am (i think) so the rooms up the front can prob hear it. Thanks to TA I asked for a room towards the back of the hotel (room 218, 318 would have been even better) and this was great. The only noises we heard were garbage trucks for a few minutes each morning. Standard king room was as per the pictures on the website. It was clean, had iron & board, safe at no extra charge but was not cemented into the ground, stereo, tv, fridge and hair dryer. We found the staff very helpful and freindly and the happy hour is great, would def recommend and stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Valet
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple