New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #74 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lancaster, Ohio
“The Chesterfield is consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Last year, my husband and I visited South Beach for the first time. We had reservations at the White Law Hotel across the street; however, they were apparently overbooked and we were informed that they had reserved a room for us at the Chesterfield. While we were apprehensive about staying at a hotel we hadn't researched and chosen, it was a delightful stay! This year, we brought our teenagers with us as we wanted them to experience one of the most beautiful and enjoyable Atlantic Ocean beaches and Art Deco surroundings. Again, no one came home disappointed! We arrived early on Tuesday and were greeted with the big smiles and friendly personalities of Jorge and Nelson. They promptly secured our bags so we could start our vacation! We came back a few hours later to check in, and Jorge and Nelson expedited the process so we could get settled in and head out for more fun. The room was clean, comfortably air-conditioned, and the bed and bath linens were fresh and good quality. We had everything we needed. Mind you, we only spend time in the room to shower and sleep, and freshen up between activities. The location is prime as it's only 1 block from Ocean Drive and the beach! Also, if you book a double decker, open-top Big Bus Tour, the closest pick up location is conveniently just next door in front of the Sherbrooke Hotel. Only a couple of inconveniences this trip-the toilet overflowed once, but a maintenance worker promptly came to fix. Also, the safe malfunctioned and again, someone promptly came to address. He was able to open it for us, but unable to get it to work after that. Rather than ask for another room, we secured any valuables in our suitcase and locked it each time we left. This was room 308, and I reiterated this to Luis at check-out. Speaking of, Luis and Jose were so friendly and helpful at check-out. We had a late flight home that day, and again, our bags were secured for us until we were ready to catch the shuttle to the airport. By the way, the free airport shuttle to/from is a bonus! The shuttle pick up location is only 1 block away at the Chelsea Hotel. Also, thank you to Alex for reserving our shuttle for us the day before check-out as well as recommending restaurants. Sandra, thank you for not watering down my drinks during happy hour :D They were fabulous and strong! One last thing...love that the ladies room in the basement has a shower. After being at the beach, it's nice to pre-shower before going to your room. Looking forward to visiting SoBe and staying at the Chesterfield again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank luv2travel43130
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good Afternoon luv2travel43130,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that you came back with the teens, to relax for a lovely vacation! :) I truly appreciate your naming Jorge, Nelson, Alex and Sandra . It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us! It seems like you and the family enjoyed everything that we have to offer. Please come back again soon! We would love to have you! :)

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Polish first
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

After reading some very negative reviews, my fiancé and I were a little hesitant about booking a room here. However, we were very pleasantly surprised! Alex at the front desk was awesome and very helpful! We arrived 4 hours before check in and he let us drop our bags and valet our car early. Nelson took great care of our bags. When we came back after exploring South Beach, our room was ready an hour early and Nelson brought our bags to our room. Though we only stayed one night, I would recommend the Chesterfield to anyone wanting to stay in the heart of South Beach! We were told to hide loose change and valuables before valeting our car so we took our valuables but left the loose change and I noticed that about half of our change was gone when we got our care the next day...Word to the wise: heed the advice and take everything you don't want stolen out of your vehicle!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello sammwalsh, there is nothing more that we love to read then amazing 5 star feedback! We are stoked that you and the fiance had such a lovely time here. Our team all work hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a splendid time, and enjoying themselves. I will make sure that they are all aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Phl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were there just for a short 3 day trip and loved it! Got free suite upgrade, great service, great price! Great location!! Can't wait to go back! Very nice and friendly service! Everything is walking distance, local store, many restaurants including the one in hotel, wonderful beach and night life!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Great review Sekabih!! We are delighted to read that you had such a great time with us here at Chesterfield! We are always willing to upgrade our guests, if we have clean/ ready rooms available. Service means the world to us, so to know that you experienced great service makes us happy! :) Chesterfield is located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the action. We hope to see you again soon! :)

Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Staff were brilliant at this hotel, we were welcomed by friendly receptionists who to our surprise upgraded myself and my family to the suites! Doorman staff very friendly, a staff member named Nelson was brilliantly helpful and made us feel very welcome. Brill location for shops bars and clubs. Noisey at night time but nothing we didn't expect at South beach. Thank you all at Chesterfield!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Good Day Twin12345,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We strive on providing outstanding service, so we are glad to read that is what you received! We would love to welcome you back with open doors, for another memorable time!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for over 8 years of trips. The location is great, and you can't pass up the free HH. The front desk always has passes for the clubs that are near by. I have enjoyed each trip and am booking another trip right now.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
What a great review johndabrowsko!! Thank you for being a loyal and returning guest of Chesterfield for 8 years now! From our amenities to our service everything that we have to offer, keeps our guests coming back! :) See you again soon!

Brandon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

July 4th was our first year anniversary. Since we didn't get a chance to have a wedding, we wanted our first year anniversary to be special. We both agreed on taking a trip Miami and after months of research we selected the Chesterfield hotel as our place to stay. This was our first anniversary as well as our first trip to Miami. This hotel ruined our trip! It was not the partying, loud music or the strong marijuanna that was being smoked that I had a problem with. It was the courtesy or shall I say lack of courtesy we were shown by your staff. We checked in around 10pm Thursday July 3rd. We never received clean towels or room upkeep until I spoke with the manager Martin Acuna on Saturday afternoon. We called for room service but I was told by the rude employee that I needed to call the front desk to order food. I called the front desk where the gentleman apologized and took my order and said he would turn my order in to the restaurant. After waiting two more hours I called the front desk and was told that he tried to call my room I didn't answer-the ringer on the phone was not working. I asked to speak to the manager Mr. Acuna. I was told he would be up to my room. After waiting another hour and a half I walked downstairs to find Mr. Acuna. I explained to him that we had not had towels in three days and had received poor treatment. We even was told by the valet that we needed to pay him $25 in order for him to park our car after we had paid the hotel $32 a nite. The hotel was so terrible I found myself trying to stay away only coming to sleep. I had to go to Walgreens and buy towels just to wash myself up. Our stay at this hotels was terrible and made my trip less enjoyable.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Happy Saturday Tharper8253,

We value each and every one of our guests feedback. We would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Chesterfield Hotel is terribly sorry that your anniversary wasn't perfect! With regards to the housekeeping, you had your "Do Not Disturb" sign up for the duration of your stay. Our housekeepers will never enter a room that has that sign up. Our housekeepers would go up to the room and the sign would still be up. Regarding valet, I am not sure why the valet attendant would request another $25 from you, when the charge for valet in total is $32 per night. I will definitely make sure that this is brought up to the parking manager of the company that we use. We would love to welcome you back, if you would give us another chance! We want to prove to you that you are able to have an outstanding time here at Chesterfield. Please contact me directly, when you will be coming back to Miami. I would love to personally handle your reservation, and make sure your time spent with us is an all-out success!!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a relaxing, and chic boutique hotel with a phenomenal and attentive staff. It's located just a block over from the beach and in the middle of all the eateries and attractions. The hotel setting is mainly catered to adults with continuous hip-hop and R & B music playing in the lobby accompanied by the awesome DJ Ruben on Fri. and Sat nights. The bar is open until 5 am and offers guests free daily happy hour (the mojitos are a must have although it’s not a part of the free happy hour). Hookah pipes were also available to enhance your relaxation as you people watch from the patio of comfortable oversized couches. If you want to step it up and take it to the night clubs, a local promoter comes to the hotel offering a package that includes additional two hours of free unlimited cocktails at the hotel, a ride to the night club in a limo with a guarantee passing of the waiting line and entrance. However, If by chance this type of setting is not for you or your family, they do have additional rooms on the side of the hotel that's more fitting for a family environment with a cozy secluded courtyard and a smaller bar and patio (still apart of the Chesterfield). The rooms were clean and quaint and with a Hollywood chic décor -the rooms near the courtyard had a more Aztec décor. The amenities were a pre- stocked small refrigerator, shelves full of snack foods, and a flat screen TV (no microwave). The hotel offered free shuttle service to the airport, Wi-Fi, and beach towels (must get them early). If you're looking to experience a great time in South Beach with long eventful nights, than the Chesterfield should be the hotel choice. In addition, I am a believer in great service and would like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to the assistant manager, Tavares for taking great care of my best friend and I throughout our stay and to two other staff members, Luis and Nelson for taking care of us in the daytimes -what a memorable vacation that I look forward to repeating soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Capre2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good Afternoon Capre2014, there is nothing more that we love to read then beautiful 5 star feedback! It’s so great to hear that you had a fantastic weekend and felt well taken care of the whole time. We have a live DJ in the lobby and know how to get the party started. Our patio is the perfect place to sit outside and people watch, while sipping on a refreshing cocktail. I can’t thank you enough for such a glowing review. I can’t wait to welcome you back personally to Chesterfield!