“Friendly helpful staff clean comfortable rooms great atmosphe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #78 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Friendly helpful staff clean comfortable rooms great atmosphe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is lovely good location helpful knowlegable staff.clean safe modern rooms booked extra night ..says it all really.. roof top hot tub too near beach resturants.15 $ resort fee per room per day but for this u get beach towels. wifi and free drinks for 1 hour free local calls and printer facilities .:-)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank lanekelly2
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Good Day lanekelly2,

We are delighted to read that you had a great time with us! We are located just blocks away from all the hottest spots. We offer unbeatable prices, in the heart of South Beach, and great money saving amenities that are included. Please come back and stay with us again, when you are in Miami!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for just 1 night and we had never been to the area before, but this hotel was in an awesome spot. Only one block away from the beach and the main shops along Ocean Drive; very convenient.

When we arrived, we caught the free shuttle bus from MIA to the hotel, due to construction, we were dropped off at Hotel Chelsea (this was explained on their website) and we only had to walk 1 small block to the hotel. We were greeted by friendly staff who were all very nice and funny (Alex, Matt & Nelson) and helped us store our bags until the 3pm check-in time and gave us free towels to use for the beach. They were very knowledgeable and informed us about the night clubs and gave us free entry passes, told us about the shopping district on Lincoln Ln and about the free happy hour.

The area is lovely, so much to do, many restaurants, bars and shops that are all very close by. When we got to our room (Deluxe suite), our room was located in the building next door to the check-in. It was decorated in a 70's style and was very spacious. Room was clean, had a TV and ipod dock radio and a stocked mini bar. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom had a medium size shower which was great.

At night the area does become noisy as it is South Beach Miami so don't plan to stay in South Beach along Collins Ave or Washington Ave if you are planning to sleep before 1~2am. There are a lot of bars and clubs on these streets and there are people out and about at these hours. This didn't bother my friend and I at all, we were able to get to sleep at around 1:30am no problems and our room faced Collins.

We booked the free shuttle back to the airport (you must book the airport shuttle at the front desk) and walked to catch it back at the Chelsea. Be aware that this shuttle also picks up others from their affiliate hotels (Catilina, Shelly and whitelaw) so the shuttle might run late (ours was 20mins late, so plan accordingly). Shuttle was comfortable.

Overall i would stay here again. The staff were very friendly and helpful, great area, clean room, great price, free happy hour and had a free shuttle to/from the airport.

From the Australian and Mexican.

Room Tip: This hotel has two buildings with rooms (that i saw). The main building with the check-in i believe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natle0
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Good Afternoon Natle0,

There is nothing that we love to read more then guests 5 star feedback! We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hottest spots in town. We provide all of our guests with great money saving amenities. Unfortunately due to construction our shuttle is not able to load or unload guests on Collins Ave. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you! We hope that you would choose to stay with us again when coming to Miami!

Metz, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had a great stay in this hotel. The staff is super friendly and the room was great, spacious and clean.
Ocean drive is literally behind the hotel and there is great restaurant and club in the area. I promised the staff I would come back to this hotel if I ever go back to Miami Beach. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello there Clairette37,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to read that your time here was a great one! All of our staff work hard to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time. We are located just blocks away from all the hot spots. Please come back again soon, for another memorable time! We would love to have you!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a great, historic hotel a block off the beach in the Art Deco district of South Beach (Miami Beach). Four of us went down for the night mid-week, and were graciously welcomed by Luis, Jose and George at the front desk. We checked into the Executive Suite (2-bedroom and large living room area) which was absolutely beautiful. Even more impressive was our 2nd room - the Penthouse Suite. The room was eclectic and comfortable, the bathroom was replete with all of the modern amenities, but the best part of the room is the attached roof-top deck! The deck had 5 full-size cushioned lounge chairs, a table with 4 chairs, two comfortable lounge chairs and a day-bed with full canopy. There was also a hot tub that came in handy for a late night soak. Close to the beach, dining, shopping and night life - we also took advantage of the free happy hour from 7 - 8 nightly. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We only had the Executive and Penthouse suites which were both quiet and comfortable and loaded with...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Good Day Ned F,

Thank you so much for the time you took to share your wonderful 5 star feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to know that your time spent with us, was a great one! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the hottest spots. I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect time to come down, and mingle with your temporary neighbors!

Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great location, in middle of everything, close to the beach. That's what makes this hotel totally a great deal and I WOULD stay there again. Pros- very pretty, and CLEAN, and location couldn't be better for the price.

We stayed in a standard queen I believe...small but nicely laid out space and gorgeous decor in my opinion.

Valet parking is $32 a day and we couldn't find them. They were around the corner, that I circled like 10 times. It was just a black umbrella that said VALET. The sign that said Chesterfield Hotel was not readable from the road...kinda stupid in my opinion. It was chaos trying to find them...very busy city street in all ;) By the way, go with the valet. Its worth it. The parking garage nearby would have been $40 overnight and you won't find a spot on the street.

Staff was touch and go, they are trying to do the whole fancy doorman thing, I don't mind opening my door but if your there and want to open it by all means! Fantastic! However, I walked past the doorman and opened my own door because he was just kind of staring off into space. It was awkward :/

So about the rooms, when you check in don't be doofus and have the guy take you to your room because there are no signs telling you where anything is. It's like a maze in there at times (it's outside). But its beautiful... nicely kept up and clean.

Shower was fine one time and the next time it switched from cold, warm, and really hot at random times. The water would be nice and warm and bam freezing cold or very hot...not fun right? But it was just one night, if it was more we would of had to switch rooms or something.

At night there were people outside window talking loud because there are nice patio sitting areas....you could totally sneak off into a corner and have "fun" if your into that stuff ;) But I was in bed and they were loud and right outside my window at 2am. Back home, I have a 2 month old and 3 year old, I am away from my babies for one night and the thing I wanted the most was a nice full nights sleep after some fun with my husband. If you have kids, you know how big a deal that is. But the bed was comfy and I slept great reagrdless. Plus, it is a party area after all. Oh, TV is CRAP. Picture is weird, not as they advertise. But go outside, you don't need the TV.

Another thing that for the life of me makes NO sense: NO coffee. They have a stocked minibar and fridge, an iron, hair dryer, but no coffee maker? Motel 6 has a dang coffee maker. Ok fine whatever, there has to be some in the lobby right? NO. We asked a lady and she suggested the 7-11 around the street. It seems this hotel is trying to be fancy but forgetting the obvious stuff. But there's a great liquor store across from the valet around the corner called ninth street liquor or something similar, staff is friendly, they had ice coffee and OJ...things I just assumed would be somewhere on there premises. They have room service, and a bar. I just don't GET IT. I'm baffled by that one.

Sushi bar was empty, we stood in there forever and I looked at the fish and decided I'd better not risk it. And everytime I passed it, it was empty except one couple...So I figured there had to be a reason.

I couldn't spend a great deal of money, I took an overnight trip with my husband to see a concert and drove back home the next day. I had a great time and I overall enjoyed my time in the room. So there ya have it. It's reasonably priced and in my opinion a great value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kristin W
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello there KrisK999,

We value all of our guests feedback, and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are in a great location, as we are just blocks away from all the hot spots. Due to the construction on Collins Ave, the valet stand had to be moved temporarily. The City of Miami Beach has set strict regulations that we must follow. We apologize that you had an issue finding the valet stand. I will make sure that the bellmen are aware about your feedback, so that it never happens again. We are delighted to know that you were content with the room that you were given! I will pass your feedback on to all of our team. Constructive feedback such as yours allows us to make the necessary changes, in order to have a better product for our guests.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A group of 10 stopped here for 2 nights before boarding cruise ship. Hotel is two different hotels now together, one chalet type the other typical hotel. in good position, near shops, beach bars, etc. Rooms Ok, very dark and smelt a little musky. Family room had 2 large double/king beds with 2 bunks just off. Hotel rooms need freshening up and painting, unable to open windows. Heard everyone passing by door, hotel has tables and chairs outside most rooms so people just sit and chat even at 4am, (lovely in the daytime, bad idea at night) Rooftop whirl pool nice, and unused but gets very hot up there so beware! Sat nights DJ plays in reception area so loads of people using free happy hour for drinks. Hotel good for young party people. Would not stop here again.....

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main corridor, it will be
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good Evening rhonda m,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are located right in the heart of South Beach. Everything that you will want to do and see is just a convenient walk away. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our management.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the location but didnt had much expectations. We felt relief when we steped at the lobby and seem really nice, small but the vibe of the staff was so good that we felt ok. The first surprise was that we had to pay $15 for each day!! We had no choice. I think it should be optional if you want to have internet, beach towel, and free drink.
When we opened the room we were glad to see it was very cool, not fancy, not elegant, but cool, so it was fine. The bathroom is very small, the air condition didn't work, we had to ask EVERYDAY for someone to come and clean the room because they didnt on the first day. I wouldn't mind noice that came from out side, after all we were at South Beach, that's normal. But the EXTREME NOICE came from the staff, cleanning ladies and 2 maintinance guys! The would start screaming since 6:00am when clearly guests are completly tired of late partying. They smashed every single door so loud it was imposible to sleep.
How ever, I do recomend this Hotel, for it's perfect location. And because overall it was fine.
I would stay here next time I want to visit South Beach

Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good Afternoon Johanpalma,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests. We are located in the prime of South Beach, with all the action just blocks away. We do charge a $15 resort fee for the amenities that we offer. The R/T shuttle from MIA, cocktail hour nightly from 7-8PM, WiFi. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the rest of our staff so that they are aware. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! :)