Chesterfield Hotel
EDITION
$513
$369
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$189
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
$429
$285
Agoda.com
3,487 results
All reviewshappy hourfront desksouth beachfree drinksjacuzzi tubairport shuttlefree shuttlewet williesenjoyed my stayocean drivebeach towelsmini barspring breaknight lifeart deconelsonbartender
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Was fast asleep with husband and 2 year old and 6 year old when I was woken with a feeling we wasn't alone only to see a dark figure at the end of our bed and it was a man I screamed and he ran off!! very very dark rooms and a small step into the bathroom where you trip up and smash your face into the glass in front of you! very noisy and not very helpful and the happy hour turns out you have to pay

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The location is probably the only feature that is a plus. It is located on Collins, a block off the beach so you can quickly walk to Ocean and be right in the scene. If you like that sort of thing.

The hotel is very small, the rooms are even smaller and quirky. Our bathroom had a bathtub with a shower head in it, but you had to step over the end of the bathtub to stand inside it to use. Hard to describe, but weird. They also didn't make up our room. We went out for the day, came back sweaty and tired wanting a shower and a nap, bummed to see room still unmade. Housekeepers off at 5 PM, oh well.

The location in the middle of party land means lots of drunk people outside your door till all hours of the morning and then the garbage trucks come crashing through to empty the dumpsters before 7 AM. The trucks are louder than the drunks which is saying something.

Also, none of the basic amenities, no coffee in the room, they advertise wifi available but it didn't work, parking is only by valet $36/day. You can buy the hotel's breakfast if you'd like, but even though they were supposed to be open at 8, they still were mopping down the floors and chairs at 8:30.

Not really customer service focused if you get my drift.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Hello there jean c,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hottest spots. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel rooms. I will make sure that our housekeepers are aware of your feedback. We will make sure that this doesn't happen again! We apologize that your time spent with us was not a 5 star one!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We popped in here for a quick happy hour cocktail and bite to eat (sushi). It's a nothing special little side bar with no atmosphere. Our $8 cocktails (which involved the waiter pushing a button on the frozen cocktail machine) cost us $10 after tax (fine) and mandatory service (not fine). We then ordered our sushi. Before the meal had come, the waiter advised us that he was ending his shift and so had to do the bill now, which, before he'd provided any service whatsoever, he mandatorily added 18% into the bill and ran it through as paid on my card before I'd even had a chance to see the bill. On enquiry, I was informed that I should be grateful because service is usually 20%... To which I responded that you actually had to provide service to impose a voluntary service charge. Unimpressed. We don't mind paying a service and we know it's expected in the US, but so too is the level of service you receive.... This guy just expected it, charged it and then told us to be grateful! He then did not in fact finish his shift and was still working (rudely now towards us) when we left after eating an average meal of sushi.

Don't bother going here. It ruined the end of what had been an awesome day for us!

• Stayed: April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello there carlzp,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! The majority of the restaurants on South Beach have service charge added to their bill. This service charge is not mandatory. You can simply cross it out, and write what you feel is desired. The service charge had never been 20%. I will make sure that all of the team at the restaurant is aware of your review.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My girls and I came down to celebrate my bestfriend's 25th birthday and just like last year, we had another great experience. PROS: The hotel lobby is small but nice, nothing special but most of your time will be spent around the block on Ocean Drive, on the beach, site seeing or partying! LOCATION IS EVERYTHING, which makes the Chesterfield another great choice. Not going to lie, the rooms aren't big at all. However, Tavaris (Assistant Manager) was so accommodating and helpful and he really wanted us to have a good time (it was 3 of us) so we got upgraded to the junior suite from the double room (which is really good for just 2 people) and that was perfect. Nelson and Daniel L were awesome too! Beds are super comfy and shower is amazing. Yes the rooms are dark, but it didn't make our stay less enjoyable. The happy hour from 7-8pm every evening was great, as was the hookah. Joshua was awesome! CONS: Natalie at the Hookah bar & lounge is very unprofessional, not a nice person, toilet issues (this is annoying, sometimes it flushes and sometimes it doesn't), cleaning staff comes whenever they want to AND they make a lot of noise when communicating amongst each other. That's annoying as hell especially at 7am after you had a long night out and you want to sleep. Room keys keep deactivating which can be very dangerous when you NEED to get into your room. I can't really think of much else to say besides the fact that I'll be back to the Chesterfield in the near future. Always a fun time in MIA!

• Stayed: April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hello there Meira_Jay,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We are so glad to read that your had a lovely time with us! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the action that takes place here. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We offer rooms that are a bit larger for those guests who need more space. Tavaris and the rest of our staff arelovely and all of our guests think so as well. I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! The complimentary cocktail hour is a perfect time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when visiting South Beach.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I will start with recognition, that spent time in Chesterfield was great and we love it, but 1 mistake can destroy all the good.
And this mistake was a shuttle driver from MIA to hotel. Since I have worked in the services sector, then clearly know that the first man who meets a guest - leave the first and most important impression of the company. Or its portress, receptionist, manager, bartender or a driver....
Our story begins with the arrival of the shuttle to MIA at 7 p.m..... shuttle has stopped, but a driver is sitting and not coming out - We (The South Beach Group Hotels guests) waited a few minutes and started take action by ourselfes - opened the luggage partition, I personally helped put all the guest suitcases in the trunk. When it was done - appeared also a driver - who aggressively and in a rude manner reproached to ​​me, that it is his job and I subtracting his Tips. Sorry, but you have to be responsive to earning tips! Its just a half of problem....
Already standing outside a driver seemed to me suspicious. But on the bus, my wife and I, were sitting right behind the driver and continued to express reproach to me ... I felt a strong smell of alcohol and figured out that a driver has been drinking alcohol. And here do not go talking about 1 or 2 beers - he was totally drunk - As evidenced by his driving style! We did not have to wait long - the first in an emergency situation arose, when driving on the viaduct almost ran into a separating barrier ... just near at MIA - Immediately all the passengers fastened seatbelts. Great and Vacation and our honeymoon can starts :))).Interested, I asked rear passengers - if you do not consider that our driver is drunk? And I saw his eyes full of fear passengers and confirmatory - Yes! It must be said that it was most nervous and unpleasant 30 minutes in our trip to United States and in our honeymoon! As Chesterfield guests are the last ones to be taken to their hotel, then all quests leaving the bus did not say "Goodbye" but - "Good Luck" - fun right? In the end, we are alive and healthy arrived to the hotel. Thank you God! Ofcourse, I told it to our hotel receptionist and he promise, that hotel manager will be informed and driver punished!
About the Hotel - I really liked the interior of rooms - a stylish, in dark shades but with rich nuances, little mysterious and ligtly intimate. Location is just perfect - on Collins avenue, just 1 block from Miami beach and art deco walk! At the first stage of hotel are located Safari bar, therefore at evenings there are disco atmosphere (loudy) - but we liked this party atmosphere. But Travelers who looking for the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere should consider it!
Overall I am satisfied with the hotel, but only minus for hotel is - that there are no breakfast possibility or nobody offering it! Therefore I am giving 4 stars for hotel! But accident with the shuttle driver reset stars to 2!!
Conclusion: Going back to MIA, hotel was provided shuttle ... and how you think? - with the same driver :), but this time clear!
I am suggest you to stay in this hotel, but maybe is better to take a Taxi from MIA :)
Sorry, but this is my expierience!
P.S. I think that the hotel was able to influence so I do not write this review - but failed to do so - only told me "WE ARE REALLY SORRY" :) Its too late to apologize!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple