“Always A Blast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always A Blast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've traveled to Miami numerous times over the past few years and I always find myself staying at South Beach Group brand hotels. I stayed at the Chesterfield last week for 1 night before going on a cruise and it was simply amazing. I've also stayed at the sister properties including the Catalina, The Whitelaw and Hotel Shelley. The check-in process was fast and simple. Pedro and Alex were absolutely awesome! Very friendly and even gave my boyfriend and I an upgrade to a premium suite. Really nice unexpected treat! The room was clean and comfy and there were 2 tvs in the room so me and my boyfriend didnt even have to fight over the remote :) We also took advantage of the nightly open bar happy hour; this is another main reason why I love this hotel brand. Kristina was a very pleasant bartender and our drinks were perfect! The free shuttle to and from the airport is a big plus as well. Only one complaint..the internet wi-fi was not as speedy and, at times, did not work at all. Other than that, our stay was great and I'll definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Good Evening Gapeach1388,

We love to get feedback from our guests and love when it's good stuff like yours! :) Thank you so much for being a loyal returning guests! I will definitely let the mentioned staff know about your kind regards! Our staff works hard to make sure that each and every guest is having an amazing time and, that all of our requests are tended to! We are always willing to accommodate our guests if we have rooms that are available. :) I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm. It's a perfect way to start the night or end the day! Plus you can mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors. We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

At this hotel we had better experience than anywhere.
We enjoyed all the staff that this hotel offer: beach towels, free drinks from 7pm to 8pm, Internet in the room.
General manager Darko was AWESOME. He did a great up-grade for us and we were really happy with that. He is really polite and professional and because of him we will always come back and this hotel has my BIG recommendation!!!!!!!
Front desk was great, Francesca was really helpful . She suggested night clubs and restaurants. We did a tour too.. it was great.
Nelson and Jose bell-persons were really funny and helpful with our bags.

• Stayed August 2013
Good Evening a-d-0308,

We value all of our guests feedback and love when it's positive such as yours! :) Thank you! We do provide each and every guest with a load of wonderful amenities! Such as the R/T shuttle from MIA, cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly, WiFi, beach towels, etc. Darko is amazing and takes his job very seriously, and is a great leader for the rest of his team! We are always willing to accommodate guests with an upgrade as long as we are able to! I will let all of the mentioned staff know of your kind praise! We hope that you make us your go to hotel when visiting Miami! See you next time! :)

Wishaw, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

stayed here for 8 nights end of aug, begining of sept. room was nice, staff friendly and helpful. location couldn't have been better for beach,shops, eating out, had a great holiday. would recommend this hotel, we had no complaints about the cleanliness of our room or the hotel. would definitely stay here again
Scott and Selina from Scotland

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello scottandselina,

There is absolutely nothing that we love more then to get positive reviews, with 5 wonderful stars! I am very content to learn that you were content with your room and the service that our staff provided you with. We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hottest shops, restaurants, bars, and lounges. We are the perfect location to get the real South Beach experience! We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

Landover,Maryland United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

OMG this was my very first time in South Beach, Miami after i had booked my room the reviews didn't look so good but i said to myself i have to find out for myself and that what i did. The experience was amazing the staff was wonderful especial Darko Gjorgioski and Pedro Alvarado had great customer service skills and they also made sure that my stay was a great and wonderful experience as well. The room i stayed at during my stay was beautiful words cant even explain how clean colorful and pretty the room was and also another employee at the hotel name Pedro helped us with our bags and he had wonderful customer service.The location of the hotel was very convenient and right there by the beach and around alot of eatery's. Also from 7pm to 8pm they have free happy hour and the bartender was wonderful as for this to be my first experience i had a great time loved it.

Room Tip: The suites are laid love them haven't stayed in any another type but it was a wonderful experien...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello Rasheeka H,

Your amazing 5 star feedback is very much appreciated and we would like to thank you for sharing with us! We are very glad that you chose to stay with us on your first visit to South Beach!! I am glad that you chose to stay with us regardless of the bad reviews. Our hotel isn't going to be for everyone and everyone has their opinion. Our staff is great and is always hard at work to make sure that each and every guest gets the service that they deserve! Our location is great for those who want the true SoBe experience. We are close to all the action and just blocks away from the beach. I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect way to start the night off right or to end the day for those who had a long one. We hope to see you again!

Palisades Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Free shuttle, decent customer service, good location, but I wasn't the only thing breathing in the room. I woke up and saw handful of cockroaches dissipate from my bag, shoes. So disgusting this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Good Evening ssanai81,

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle. It's a great money saver and we know that everyone loves to save money! I am sorry that you found an insect in your room, though we never got a complaint about this. If we were aware of this at the time you were with us, we would have definitely moved you to another room or compensated you in another way. We apologize for the negative experience you had with that.

Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very friendly staff specially on front desk. Helped me a lot to get around and truly know what Miami has to offer. I was helped a staff called Francesca , you definitely should look for her when checkin in.

The hotel is kind of a boutique. Has Ipod docks everywhere, great beers on minibar, no password for internet (which avoids the annoying big passwords we usually see around) and great environment. Looks like they took care of all small things.

Great service to get to the airport as well.

Room Tip: Ask for staff Francesca!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello there HenriqueGoncalves85,

There is nothing that we love to see more is a positive review with 5 stars!!! :) Thank you for sharing yours! I see that you were given great service by our staff! They are always wanting the best for our guests, and making sure that they are having an amazing time! We are indeed a boutique hotel. It seems to me like you had a great time staying with us! We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Berlin, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

On September 02, 2013 I made a reservation for a one night and the hotel turn out to be the Chesterfield in South Miami Beach. Shuttle service is bad, lack of information. When I made the reservation through "Hotwire.com" I was suppose to pay $58 dollars for a one day reservation. Ended up paying $113,=. The additional cost was a taxi I had to pay because the shuttle never came to the airport to pick me up and this after I call several times asking them, when is the shuttle coming? I waited from 9:30 pm to 11:15 pm after which they told me I had to take the taxi because the last shuttle was at 10:00, while they inform me before that the last shuttle would be at the airport at 11:00 pm. When it was clear that I had to take the taxi they told me that they transfer my reservation to another hotel. I had to pay $36.30 to a taxi to take me to the hotel. And one of the key factors of choosing the hotel was for the shuttle service. They transfer me to "The Catalina Hotel" which is from the same group apparently. When I got there nobody knew of the transfer and I had to call Chesterfield again after which they call The Catalina Hotel to inform then from the transfer.
When I check in at the Catalina Hotel they didn't tell me anything about a "resort fee" in the morning I had a receipt underneath my door informing me I had to pay that to.
After checking out I had to wait from 11:30 a.m. till 2:pm to get a shuttle to take me to the airport. They told me that all shuttles were full and that I was suppose to reserve the shuttle. This is the first time I have heard this at a hotel.
All by all A BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello Ant253,

Your honest feedback is very much appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us, and all of our future guests! Our shuttle comes every hour on the hour unless we have a mechanical issue or there is a heavy amount of traffic, that we are not aware about. Our shuttle is a complimentary service that we offer as a courtesy. Our airport shuttle is offered on a space available basis. South Beach Group is not responsible for paying for guest transportation when the shuttle bus is full or has mechanical issues. Perhaps you were waiting in the wrong location when you were waiting for the shuttle. Due to new airport security regulations, our shuttle cannot sit at Terminal G, Second Floor Departures for a long period. While standing at the shuttle stop location please wave down our shuttle when you see it so our driver knows to stop for you. The Catalina Hotel is indeed in our group of hotels and a lovely upgrade! :) When you originally booked on Hotwire to stay at Chesterfield Hotel it did clearly state that 13% tax and a $15 resort fee is not included in your final price (Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
A 13 percent city/local tax will be charged
Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night). The same applies for all of our hotels on South Beach.