“Excellent Service”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #74 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a bachlorette we decided to drive down from west palm beach to south beach. We rented a room from the Chesterfield hotel and when we arrived we were greeted by Alex's very kind and helpful team. They upgraded our room in celebration of the soon to be bride and allowed us to check in right away and the valet parking was very convient. The hotel was clean and colourful and the room could sleep eight people comfortably. Very close walking distance from ocean drive and close to shopping.
We had a great stay and the staff made is even better with their humour and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Merit A
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Good Afternoon Merit A,

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BRIDE TO BE!!!!!!!! That is the perfect reason to come down to celebrate in South Beach! Alex is always there to be the first one to greet our guests with big smiles!! I am glad to read that he was able to accommodate you with an upgrade! :) We are very content to know that you chose to stay with us for such a great occasion! Please come back and visit us soon!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (3,418)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

As soon as I got there I just wanted run away, this place is real ghetto. First of all, the smell was killing me, I couldn't even breath, then let's talk about rooms...there are very very dark and very smelly, and of course the stuff say its because the room was just cleaned but it just feels like a thousand cockroaches were killed in this building because of the roach spray they used. And also its very noisy because of the music downstairs. So after seeing all this horrible things we said to the front desk that we are not going to stay there,but they went like anyways your card was already charged...WTF!!!!...and I told them when I was booking this hotel on Booking.com it was saying that there's a free cancelation...so what the heck...after some phone calls with Booking.com crew, the hotel staff gave us room in another building right next to the main one...and this room was a bit better, at least no loud music.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...next time I'd rather pay more for better place instead of staying at crappy places like Chesterfield.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I came with my sisters and my cousin. I stayed here from the 6-12th of June, and was pleased about everything this hotel offered. Martin Acuna the front desk agent and Tavaris Jones the asst manager helped me with my room, which was great. Frenchesca was great checking me in. Darko the general manager told me about a great restaurant called Polo Norte which was GREAT!!! Gustavo told us about the goings on in south beach. So overall I love this place and would stay here again. Great location!!! Denise the shuttle bus driver is great! The only bad thing is the bugs, I suggest that they some bug repellent around the door of the suites or something. STAY HERE its great.

Room Tip: Get a suite it is awesome and spacious!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole R

Hello Nicole R,

I am very glad to read that you LOVE our place! The hotel has a lot to offer and staff to provide you with amazing service. I will inform all the employee's that you mentioned, about your kind praise! They love to hear what our guests have to say! :) I see that you were also able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle. It's a great money saver, and who doesn't like saving money? I will inform Darko about the issue with the bugs that you experienced. We can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

First I want to say the Chesterfield is the best hotel so far within the Southbeach group. The rooms were spectacular and the staff was awesome. I first want to thank Indira for yet again making sure my stay was FANTASTIC!!!! Indira is the best ever and even though we haven't met yet I consider her to great person and I thank her so for everything. Tarvaris (Assistant Manager) was awesome as well. He made sure (every day) our stay was spectular. He truly was a great host. I also want to thank Jose Real, David the bartender, AnnaAlex (Front Desk Supervisor), Pedro who always make sure we are checked in properly and manager Drako. You guys are the best and I cannot wait to see you all again. In fact, I will be back down there in August and October. I love my Southbeach Group family. You all make a home sick girl really feel at home. See you soon....

Tamyra

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tamyra T

Hello Tamyra T,

We value your wonderful 5 star feedback, and we thank you for taking your time to share it with us! Our staff is always trying to ensure that each and every guest is having an amazing time! I will let all of the mentioned staff know about your kind praise! Tavaris is a great Assistant Manager. He is always on top of everything and always with a smile. We will see you back at home in August and October. :)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here back in March and I am so glad that I chose this place. Been back several times since but now I stay with the friends I met at the lounge downstairs. Francisco at the front desk was very helpful at giving me advice for all the hotspots to check out. Room was larger than I expected. Very clean. This hotel is at a prime location for shopping, night life, restaurants. Totally loved the little hookah lounge/ restaurant down stairs. Seriously don't underestimate this place. Its the perfect spot to pregame for your night out. The bartender Star treated me like a king! She has a very bubbly personality. Highly energetic, genuinely happy to be there helping everyone enjoy their time. I can't say enough good things about her. The same goes for the chef Chris. His salmon teriyaki is of very high standard and the sushi he prepares is to die for! The staff is very professional and a solid team. Don't listen to the nehsayers. I'm positive you will have a great time here.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the 2nd floor first one on the right.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chad Z

Good Afternoon Chad Z,

We are excited about your 5 star review! March is a great time to stay in South Beach as there is a lot of different events going on in that month. Fransisco is a great front desk attendant and loves to accommodate all of our guests. He is also very good at knowing what is going on, and when. He is always in the loop. We are in the middle of all the action, with just a nice walk away. Our complimentary cocktail hour is the perfect time to mingle around, and get to know your temporary neighbors. It's also the perfect way to start the night off right! After all who would turn down FREE liquor??? Star is absolutely great, and all of our guests love her!! The free drinks and her energetic personality will definitely get any party started! :) Chris is also very popular here at Chesterfield. Not only for his service but for his delicious food! I will let them know of your kind praise! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the chesterfield and Star is the best bartender in the world. If you want to have fun and listen to great music check out the chesterfield lounge and ask for FIVE Star STAR!!!!!I stayed at the chesterfield and Star is the best bartender in the world!!! Five star Star!!!! She gave us the greatest Miami experience one could ever ask for. I would definitely check her out again. The sushi was also great!!! Chris made my first experience of sushi memorable. The sushi was absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The chesterfield location was great and the customer service was also exceptional. If you want to go somewhere where there is good music, sushi and drink. Come out and asked for Star the greatest bartender ever !!!!! She's absolutely great she made my experience so worthwhile she really made me feel like I was at home !!!! The whole Chesterfield location was such a pleasing place!!!! It was very welcoming it was by far the best place I ever stayed at while being in Miami on a vacation !!!! The location was great for a tourist who wanted to shop go to the beach and party!!!! It was located near a Walgreens and Armani Exchange my two favorite stores in the world !!! But overall they valued customer service which was a five star treatment, in other words money well spent. Especially with the 5 star treatment from the worlds greatest bartender Star a very fun loving person who made my experience at the Chesterfield so much better!!!! So , if you want to go to a place with a great location and great customer service go to the chesterfield and hit the bar and ask for Star and Chris for great drinks and great sushi!!!! The lounge is the best place to experience there great customer service , fun times , drinks and sushi. I will continuously come to Miami visit the chesterfield with Star and Chris!!!! They are the best people in the world! They made my trip to Miami memorable! The best vacation I've ever had in my life please go and check these guys out !!!!! They are the best in the world great drinks, and great food!!! I'm in love with this place because of star and Chris. So, again if you want a good time go see Star. She is the greatest person in the world. Love this place to pieces !!! The Chesterfield is my number 1 choice to have fun and great customer service !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Trippers_around

Hello Trippers_around,

We LOVE 5 star feedback, and yours is very appreciated! I am glad that you enjoyed our bar and lounge. Star is definitely a great bartender, and knows how to make some killer cocktails! She also knows a lot about the neighborhood and all of the hot spots. Chris is also another wonderful asset to our team. All of our staff wants to make sure that you have an amazing time with us! Our location is in a very central spot, within walking distance to it all. We welcome everyone to stay with us as long as they want to have a great time! We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went to Miami to celebrate my birthday and the trip went well. But the hotel reservations and the flight went wrong. I got to the Chesterfield hotel on Collins at 12:30am. I didn't get to check in my room until 5:30am and it was my birthday. When we first got to the hotel the front desk agaent coudn't find my reservations in the system. When he found them he stated the resort fee wasn't paid but I had paidd everything upfront. So he tried to contact cheapOair and there was no answer. I then had to wait around after I stated I will call Cheapoair in the morning myself and speak to you manager first thing in the morning regards to the charges the front desk agent still wasn't happy. I just wanted to check in the room and get some sleep. They then required on top of the resort feee a $100.00 dollar hold whcih I was ok with, but when I asked if I could use cash and I couldn't I was upset. First you loss my reservations charge me a feee that I had already paid then hold 100.00 dollars on my card and can't make any exceptions due to the previous issues that I already had. at this time I didn't even want to stay at that hotel. But because of the time I didn't have a choice also because CheapOair was not answering. So I already had in my mind that I would speak to the supervisor tomorrow since i was told there was no one there at the time of checking in. I got up first thing and went to the front desk manager to explain my issues. The manager was nice and comped the resort fee parking and part of my stay which was great. But due to the on going problems I would never stay in the Chesterfield again. I also had a plan delay coming back, which was for 5 hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dimbles_30
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hello Dimbles_30,

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and all of our future guests! I understand that it was your birthday and you wanted to get checked in early, we apologize for not being able to do so. What happens most times is that when we are sold out the night before, we don't have any rooms available that are clean and ready for our new guests to check in early too. Our check out time is at 11AM and check in is at 3PM. The time in between gives our housekeepers a chance to deep clean the room and make sure that it looks great for the next guest. I am sure that when placing your reservation with CheapOair they perhaps spelled your name wrong, but the reservation was never lost. If you notice they inform you that the $15 resort fee is not included in the final price (15 USD Surcharge (resort tax). Per Room Per Night) not included ). We do indeed take a $100 hold to cover incidentals. The hold is released as soon as you check out from the hotel. I am very glad to read that the manager was able to accommodate you with a refund for the inconvenience that you experienced.