Chesterfield Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$275
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$315
$246
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
Hotels.com
$388
$284
3,472 results
All reviewshappy hourfront desksouth beachfree drinksjacuzzi tubairport shuttlefree shuttlewet williesenjoyed my stayocean drivebeach towelsmini barspring breaknight lifeart deconelsonbartender
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked a room with this hotel after returning from a Cruise. Just to stay a few nights to celebrate my best friends birthday. Even booking the room at the last minute, I was abe to get a great price. we arrived several hours before check in time and the staff totally made us feel welcomed. The suite we received was far beyond our expectations. It was absolutely beautiful. Tons of updates. The staff even supplied us with free beverages while we waited for our room. Such a caring group of people. Would definately stay there again!!!!! Two thumbs up.......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hello TwyonnaA,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your return from your cruise and to celebrate your friends birthday! I am glad that you felt welcomed here! All of our staff is great at making guests feel comfortable, like as if were their home. I am glad that you were given such service! :)
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My week long stay was a great experience, even when I had a billing concern, the staff as well as management took a professional approach. The hotel is classy, comfortable, and set up well for business or pleasure. As a frequent traveler, I have stayed in three other boutiques and South Beach Group has been a great experience. A very special thanks to Ana, Pedro, Alexis, Jose R. and Francesca for all your service. I will be staying at Chesterfield again very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello Pamela A,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am very glad to read that you had a great experience while staying with us! I am glad to read that the issue that you had with billing was resolved in a professional manner! Our staff is great and they are always eager to serve you! I will definitely let all of the mentioned staff know of your kind praise! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Typical Collins Avenue hotel, nothing fantastic but nothing bad, nice room decoration but a bit small and some of them smells cigarette smoke even if it is no smoking, however very good location in the heart of south beach and there's a happy hour between 7pm to 8pm free drinks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon Jaw05,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you were content with the decor of our hotel. Our location is prime and we are within walking distance to all of the hot spots. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm nightly. Please come back and stay with us again.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have to start out with the normal south beach caveat. If you have never been to sobe before, throw away all your expectations of a decent hotel. Then think about your basic needs, how long you will be in the room, and what you can take and what you can't. Ive stayed in probably ten different "boutique" style hotels and each has it's negatives, and they are all different.

Let's start with the positives. Free shuttle to take you to Miami airport. Nice front porch with coach seating as well as small tables where you can get food. Staff is really nice and willing to help. Bed was fabulous sleeping, comfy. Hot water was plentiful. Free one hour happy hour was good as a meeting place for friends. Lock on my door worked well. Room was relatively clean and had room to walk around the bed (not always a given in south beach.) there was a nice stereo playing in my room as I got to it. There was a hair dryer and iron and mini safe in the room as well.

And the negatives. Elevator was old fashioned, but newly cleaned up. Crowded with 2 people. Inside decor was black, which means dark, dark. I was shown to my room, and within 5minutes had kicked my shin on the protruding wood bed platform, and run my toe into the 2" step up into the bathroom. Lighting was difficult in this room, with two bedside lamps, with black shades, with tiny lightbulbs, as well as a black chandelier over the bed. There is no way I could have read a book here. In the morning i ended up pulling up the venetian blinds, they didn't tilt open anymore, and getting enough natural light that I could pack. The bathroom was more like a nook off the bedroom, with no door. Glad I was alone. There was a short vertical glass partition by the toilet, with a sharp edge about shoulder level, ouch. And there was a black curtain that you could pull to cover the toilet and shower from the rest of the room. And no shower curtain. Maybe the stone wall and floor around the shower was designed for it? (in other rooms i understand there are mirrors in the shower.) The toilet ran a lot of the time. The air conditioning was so loud that I needed to turn it off at night to sleep so when it cycled on it wouldn't wake me up. Be prepared to use your suitcase as your dresser since there is nowhere to put your clothes other than the 6 coat hangars. And the hardwood floor needed a mop.

The funniest part? The 6' tall wooden figure in the lobby with the enormous member. Not easy to explain to any kid in your group!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marylander44

Hello Marylander44,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you took your time to share it with us! I am very glad to read that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle from Miami International Airport. It;s a great money saver that all of our guests love. The front porch is a great spot to enjoy breakfast or lunch and people watch. There is a lot of eye candy that comes around the hotel. Our staff is always eager to serve you and I am glad that is what you were given! The cocktail hour that we provide for guests from 7-8pm nightly, is a great way to start the night off right. Also a great time to get to know who's sleeping in the room next to you. :) I am glad to know that you were content with the cleanliness of your room. Our housekeepers work hard to ensure that each and every room is deep cleaned and inspected by a supervisor before the room is given to a guest. The personality of our hotel is dark yet sophisticated. We do provide lamps for those guests who need more illumination in their rooms. Were you able to speak with the front desk or the operator about this? Our rooms are a bit smaller then average as we are a boutique style hotel, therefore we don't want to cluster the room so that you feel claustrophobic.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

OK ...I get it ...South Beach in February ...expect to get ripped a bit, but if you going to do it, at least give me a figurative kiss. Good location which is key. Check in is laborious, not sure why they go through all the stuff they do. $32 to park...ouch. Simple tiny cup of coffee in the lobby which should have been comp'd was $5.42. Later two small Perriers were almost $12. On the positive side Happy Hour free drinks from 7-8pm took a little sting out...drink em fast!

Room with two double beds was ok but dimly lit and not enough outlets. A bit of a problem with the toilet that no one likes to deal with in a hotel. Comfortable bed and good stock of snacks etc, that oddly enough are more economically priced than what you buy in the lobby.

Stuff that was not ok: refusal to answer the phone at the front desk ...5 different calls from my room at different times all went unanswered. Also, very slow response to outside calls coming in to the hotel. Bartender acted as if he was doing us a giant favor to take our money, I dont get it. Five menus for various restaurants were in the room, however, the first two I called were out of business. While using a stainless scoop to get ice to carry back to the room, one of the valets walked by and stuck his unwashed hand into the ice resevoir and helped himself to a handful ...glad I was getting the ice for an iceback for a balky back vs for my drinks.

I did a quick check of other reviews on TA and was surprised to see that management most often comments on only positive reviews ...seems to me it should be the other way around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ncsccrdad

Good Afternoon Ncsccrdad,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad that you were content with the location of the property! We are in the heart of South Beach, within walking distance to all of the hot spots. We do take certain procedures for checking guests in, to ensure that everything is taken care of and understood. Our parking is $32 a night but it's not mandatory. There are several other parking options to choose from such as street parking, garages and lots around the neighborhood. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm nightly. It's a great time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors. Our rooms are a bit dark, but we do provide lamps for those guests who would like more illumination in the room. Were you able to get one of those from the front desk or the operator?
I apologize greatly that your call was not tended to when you were trying to reach the front desk. I am sure that they were not refusing your call, they were most likely just super busy with other guests. I am definitely going to speak with the valet team about sticking their hands into the ice bin. That is completely unacceptable and I am glad that we are aware about this now.
We give attention and respond to each and every review on Trip Advisor, whether it's a negative or positive review. Most of the reviews that we have are positive though.

Have a great day!