WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #75 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. Lucia
“so simple in miami beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

this is one of the places i loved. i stayed in a quiet condo like apartment which had two bedrooms, a living room and exquisite bathroom. i will ALWAYS come to that hotel whem i am in MIAMI BEACH.. its the best!!!!

Room Tip: choose one on the top floor , in the back, away from the street. that's where i stayed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hello,

Your feedback is so greatly appreciated! I am glad that you loved it here and very nice to know that you will stay with us when you come back to South Beach. We LOVE returning guests. Please let me know when you will be visiting and I would love to handle your reservation!
We can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!

Have a great day!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Was greeted by a great staff, Pedro and Jose. They were very helpful and gave us an upgrade to a suite. Wasn't expecting this. With all the bad review sin Miami about the hotels this was a pleasant suprise. My son stayed here last summer and had a wonderful experience, so we thought we would check it out.

As far as South Beach being a party place, its where you chose to stay. Hotel in the thick of the nite life, but is private enough to get away from it all. The stuite was clean and decorated nicely. The jet/whirlpool tub worked fantastic. There was free happy hour for guests in the lobby and the drinks were not watered down! Everything expensive, but what else do you expect when in Miami Beach. Not surprised!

When we left we were helped again by a great staff Daniel and Anna. Everyone greeted us with a smile the entire time we stayed at the hotel. I am so happy that I was able to have this experience in South Beach. We just wanted to get away for a day or two while visiting family in Pampano and thought we would go to South Beach. But reading the review of the hotels was scarry...we weren't sure what kind of experience we were going to have. With all this said I now know where Im going to stay from now on when I decide to go spend the weekend in Miami. My advice is stay here it is an experience and you won't regret! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: The suites are great! If you have a choice get the suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Catherine,

Thank you for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read. I am very glad to read that you had a great experience while staying with us! I am also glad that we were able to accommodate you with an upgrade to a suite! South Beach is a total party place and it all depends on where you are staying. I see that you were able to enjoy our complimentary cocktail hour. It's a cool hour where you can meet and greet your fellow neighbors. Please let me know when you will be back in South Beach and I would love to personally handle your reservation. We hope to see you soon!

Delray Beach, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The chesterfield is a boutique hotel - do not hold any illusions about being at a resort. It is also in south beach - do not hold any illusions about it not being centered around a party crowd.

The decor and rooms are very unique, eclectic, and fun. I'm pretty sure everyone gets a "free upgrade," but that's never a problem. We have stayed here twice because of good service and a good location. The rooms are nice but not soundproof, hence the comment about not holding illusions of what the clientele is.

If you want a resort experience, look elsewhere. If you want a central location in south beach, this is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback. I am very glad that you very satisfied with the decor and your room! We strive to provide excellent customer service to each and every guest that comes to stay with us! We hope to have you stay with us again for the 3rd time! :)
We hope to see you soon!

Have a great day!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I needed a nice place to stay for one night upon my return to the States from a trip abroad--I wanted to decompress a bit before getting on another flight and thought South Beach would be a great place. The Chesterfield was a great option for my layover---they had a free shuttle from the airport and the price was very reasonable. The staff were friendly and they even upgraded my room to a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub (too bad I didn't have time to enjoy it)! I thought the room was really cute and close to all of the great shopping and restaurants. I also discovered that the restrooms off of the lobby have a shower so if you have to check out at noon and still have time to hit the beach you can use the shower back there! If I find myself in South Beach again I would definitely stay here and relax a bit longer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Good Afternoon Nina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel with all of our future guests! I am very glad that you chose to stay with us on your layover! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle from MIA Airport. Lucky you- got upgraded to a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub. We are conveniently located in the heart of it all. Perhaps the next time that you come to South Beach you can take advantage of the jacuzzi! :)

Have an amazing weekend!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

They call themselves a ''sexy'' hotel...

Yes - the location is convenient to the beach and dining/drinking. Just like tens of dozens of other hotels in the area.

We stayed here on a one night transit in Miami. Back from dinner is when we had our first encounter with a couple cockroaches. You don't see them on the dark floor of the room or during the day but trust me there was quite a few.

This always makes you wonder how clean the property you are staying at is. We looked at our room at the Chesterfield a bit more in detail and it makes you understand why the roaches loves it: absolutely filthy sticky floors with hairs and dust, garbage under the mattress on which you sleep: hairs, chewing gum, papers, dirty towel to name a few, a credit card slip from six months ago.

Cleanliness is the most basic expectation you have for a hotel room: The Chesterfield fails at providing it.

The pictures are self-explanatory.

The hotel charges a 15$/room + tax ''Resort Fee''. They have a free airport shuttle from 7 AM which was nice. The happy hour free cocktail is a a mixed drink in a cheap plastic glass in a pretty dreadful atmosphere - I passed. Did not use their Wifi.

Room was not soundproofed at all, you could hear discussion from the outside, TV from next door and corridor traffic all night. Took a shower at 9:30AM - not hot water whatsoever.

My recommendation to the Chesterfield: less ''sexy'', more tidy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Friendly service. We were upgraded. Only complaint is internet wifi didn't work. Rooms were clean. TV is not HD. Good location right off Ocean Drive. We booked it based on previous reviews so made a good choice. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Chesterfield is a great place to stay for young people and younger couples! The atmosphere is like that of a club or bar in the lobby, but its perfect for you if you like that energy!
The staff was excellent (Alex at the front desk was friendly, professional, and incredibly helpful! One of the bellmen, (I think his nametag said Marcival) was excellent and curteous, helping me when I lost the valet ticket and getting our car pulled around after we checked out) Check in (and check out) quick and easy. You have to valet your car (a sizeable extra cost for some) but pretty much anything you might want is within walking distance!!
The rooms were clean for the most part and had a sophisticated with modern feel. If you're like me, the ambient noise from the streets and lobby below will not bother you (not as bad as we thought/ read in the reviews).

We loved it here (this makes the 2nd time) and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012