“Great location, beautiful suites and friendly staff”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #76 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I needed a nice place to stay for one night upon my return to the States from a trip abroad--I wanted to decompress a bit before getting on another flight and thought South Beach would be a great place. The Chesterfield was a great option for my layover---they had a free shuttle from the airport and the price was very reasonable. The staff were friendly and they even upgraded my room to a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub (too bad I didn't have time to enjoy it)! I thought the room was really cute and close to all of the great shopping and restaurants. I also discovered that the restrooms off of the lobby have a shower so if you have to check out at noon and still have time to hit the beach you can use the shower back there! If I find myself in South Beach again I would definitely stay here and relax a bit longer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Good Afternoon Nina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel with all of our future guests! I am very glad that you chose to stay with us on your layover! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle from MIA Airport. Lucky you- got upgraded to a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub. We are conveniently located in the heart of it all. Perhaps the next time that you come to South Beach you can take advantage of the jacuzzi! :)

Have an amazing weekend!

Kind Regards,

Katrine

There are newer reviews for Chesterfield Hotel

Reviewed November 20, 2012

They call themselves a ''sexy'' hotel...

Yes - the location is convenient to the beach and dining/drinking. Just like tens of dozens of other hotels in the area.

We stayed here on a one night transit in Miami. Back from dinner is when we had our first encounter with a couple cockroaches. You don't see them on the dark floor of the room or during the day but trust me there was quite a few.

This always makes you wonder how clean the property you are staying at is. We looked at our room at the Chesterfield a bit more in detail and it makes you understand why the roaches loves it: absolutely filthy sticky floors with hairs and dust, garbage under the mattress on which you sleep: hairs, chewing gum, papers, dirty towel to name a few, a credit card slip from six months ago.

Cleanliness is the most basic expectation you have for a hotel room: The Chesterfield fails at providing it.

The pictures are self-explanatory.

The hotel charges a 15$/room + tax ''Resort Fee''. They have a free airport shuttle from 7 AM which was nice. The happy hour free cocktail is a a mixed drink in a cheap plastic glass in a pretty dreadful atmosphere - I passed. Did not use their Wifi.

Room was not soundproofed at all, you could hear discussion from the outside, TV from next door and corridor traffic all night. Took a shower at 9:30AM - not hot water whatsoever.

My recommendation to the Chesterfield: less ''sexy'', more tidy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Friendly service. We were upgraded. Only complaint is internet wifi didn't work. Rooms were clean. TV is not HD. Good location right off Ocean Drive. We booked it based on previous reviews so made a good choice. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Chesterfield is a great place to stay for young people and younger couples! The atmosphere is like that of a club or bar in the lobby, but its perfect for you if you like that energy!
The staff was excellent (Alex at the front desk was friendly, professional, and incredibly helpful! One of the bellmen, (I think his nametag said Marcival) was excellent and curteous, helping me when I lost the valet ticket and getting our car pulled around after we checked out) Check in (and check out) quick and easy. You have to valet your car (a sizeable extra cost for some) but pretty much anything you might want is within walking distance!!
The rooms were clean for the most part and had a sophisticated with modern feel. If you're like me, the ambient noise from the streets and lobby below will not bother you (not as bad as we thought/ read in the reviews).

We loved it here (this makes the 2nd time) and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here as a couple the day before embarking on a cruise. I got a great deal and didn't have high expectations. I ended up being pleasantly surprised by room. It was so spacious and had unique appealing touches. The location was awesome. We were in walking distance from great food, bars, and shopping. I couldn't ask for more. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is NOISY. If you are looking for quiet restful nights this is not the place for you. But I had no problem sleeping after eating and drinking until the wee hours of the morning!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at The Chesterfield this past Weekend. My Stay was supposed to be a Couples Stay, But ended up being a Solo Stay. But the Staff made My stay very enjoyable. I VERY Much ENJOYED This "Little Boutique" Hotel. The staff was GREAT, Very good to Customers. The Bellman even Gave Me a Hug when checked out Monday Morning :)
Franchesca, The Desk Clerk was very Helpful, offered me a King Size room even though I had booked a Standard Double Bed Room. Ksenia, The Bartender was Soooo Nice! There was another BarMaid, a Latina, (I can't remember her name) She was AWESOME, We even chatted in Spanish a little. Jose & Pedro Managers were awesome as well.
The Hotel is older, but has been modernized. The Room was small, But Mines was Clean and Tidy...(and as a RN that says alot from Me). I really enyoyed the Rainfall Shower. The Veranda is very Nice to sit on and Enjoy Drinks or a Meal. Or to just Enjoy the action on Collins Avenue. The Rooftop Terrace is Nice as Well.
The Hotel is in Excellent Location to South Beach, 5 minutes away...If that!
The Chesterfield is a Very Good location for a first timer to South Beach. I will stay there again when I go back to South Beach!!!!
Thanks Staff for Making My stay seem like a Home away from Home...I Hated to Leave :)

Room Tip: Ask for a Room towards the back of the Hotel. The Front can get kinda Loud especially at Night....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just returned back to the UK after spending a week at the Chesterfield.

This hotel is in an excellent location, and certainly boasts friendly and accommodating staff.

The room (and hotel in general) wasn't entirely our style, but despite the dark decor and Everglade Green walls, we found our room very spacious and comfortable.

The resort fee was a tad inconvenient - I'd have prefered this to be added to the initial room rate when we booked the hotel through British Airways. However, we did take full advantage of the 'happy hour' and 'free' shuttle service to and from the airport.

My one suggestion would be to offer beer at the happy hour and ditch the plastic cups full of ice. I'm no alcoholic but I've never made so many trips to a bar in the space of one hour!!

Overall, a good hotel and I certainly wouldn't rule out returning one day.

• Stayed: October 2012