“Great Location”

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #76 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great Location”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We spent 3 nights here recently and I would have to say the cheery shuttle driver Denise who picked us up from the airport set a great tone for the rest of our trip.
Check in staff were perhaps not the most friendly but further reception staff were extremely helpful.
We were upgraded from a king room to a suite (located in the next building) but the bath tub in the only room made it a little cramped.
The hotel doesn't have a pool but we were able to use the pool at another if the group hotels.
Happy hour was ok. It expect half or quarter nips and it is only on spirits.
Sushi at the restaurant in thir complex was extremely fresh and tasty and the staff in this bar were fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2012

At the airport: We chose this hotel because of the free shuttle from the airport. The information provided on the website only said to go to "G" but didn't say that door 26 was "G". Since the site didn't say the name on the shuttle we had to call. They should be more clear.

Check in: Very fast and friendly, he even gave us an upgrade.

Room: AMAZING! I loved it, had no problems with the room itself. Our biggest problem was the stupid door key. Every time we had to unlock the door it took us literally 3-4 minutes because the magnetic strip wouldn't read. We kept swipping and still wouldn't open. Several times we went to the desk and everytime he showed us how to do it, we would try again and again and it wouldn't work. Very frustrating! I've had many hotels with card readers and never had a problem opening any door.

Location: Perfect spot to walk to everything. There is a good breakfast spot around the corner on 9th, very tasty!

Noise!!!!!! I know we are in South Beach but OMG! The room we were in was located in a different building so there is an "alley way" with tables and chairs. Very pretty but people are partying constantly. There was a women who wouldn't shut up and still going strong at 5:30am. Had a very hard time sleeping, actually no sleep! This isn't really a fault of the hotel, that's what SoBe is.

Shuttle back to the airport was on time and the driver was very nice. Good ending but sad to leave.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is any quiet area. Definitely not in the alley way
1 Thank JenniferPLP
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 17, 2012

1st time going to Miami we stayed at the Chesterfield and it was everything we could imagine Miami would be plus more. The hotel service was excellent. Our flight arrived early and Chesterfield's front desk clerk Daniel did everything in his power to welcome us to the hotel. They even gave us a free upgrade to the penhouse suite. It was amazing. Any time we visit Miami iwe will be staying at the Chesterfield hotel. Good time!

Singer Island, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great location, great price. Pedro immediately upgraded us into a suite upon check-in. Raul did a great job at customer service. Loved the bedroom and bathroom!!!

Only downside was the traffic noise outside of our room.

We will definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
William W,

Thank you for posting your review for all to read. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Its great to hear Pedro and Raul were helpful during your stay. We look forward to your return.

Steven Morales
Vibe Manager
seattle, wa
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is its location. The suite is a decent size but is very dark/dim. The service is terrible and the staff are rude. Our toilet did not work for three of the four days we were there and they kept sending someone who would do a bandaid fix then as soon as he left it would stop working. Hotel refused to give us a discount and made it seem like we were bothering them for wanting a working toilet.

Room Tip: Book the suite if you insist on staying at this dump
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank niomi8
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
niomi8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. What was wrong with the toilet? Did you happen to get a name of anyone who may have assisted you in this matter. Your review will be forwarded to our maintenance department manager to insure this will never occur again. We hope you reconsider staying with us again.

Steven Morales
Vibe Manager
Antigua
Reviewed September 13, 2012

As I write this review, I am still vacationing at this hotel.  I am not one to stay somewhere and not leave a review and or notes (candid observations and suggestions). I will write another review with some minor details; however, this will be a separate and private message to Management. The main reason why I am taking the time to do so is due to the fact that I like the visual aspect or should I say the ambiance of this hotel.   Also, I am at lost for words, as to how to express my delight and high regard for the wonderful owner.  As I observed, I saw her walking at many occasions in the lobby, greeting guests and making sure they are comfortable - she appears to be someone with a "big heart... who desires lasting success for her Hotel. Kudos to her!

Three months before my vacation here at Chesterfield, I read various reviews %u2013 all very different in opinions I must say.  After soaking in these varied opinions of others, my own thoughts began to flow. I thought to myself "I am staying for twenty-one days at this hotel, and from what I am reading, I guess I can't expect 5-star hotel treatment!...  Well, I am still happy that I could stay at this hotel since I am very impressed by some of the staff performance, hospitality and just their overall sincere demeanor towards all the guests and myself. Let me give you a preview of what I mean.

Take for instance the reception area.  These persons have been so accommodating.  Actually, what stands out and is most appealing to me is the sincerity in their speech and even body language. Also, let me state again at this time, that I am very impressed with the helpful nature of the General Manager, who kindly helped me to move a new room.  Now I move on to the door.  At the door, I discovered two very hard workers they really look like they enjoy their job, though it must be a tiring one. At the mini bar, the bartender is always available when needed. Between the hours of 7 and 8 pm, it's Happy Hour!  But this doesn't really appeal to me as it would other guests who take advantage of this time to drink all they can - I am not really a heavy drinker. For me though, I would rather have breakfast instead (continental of course).

In the above, I have said a few good things about this hotel.  I can assure you that, what I wrote is true and is to the best of my belief, experience thereof and knowledge.  Notwithstanding, we can compare all things in life to roses, why? Well, just like all beautiful roses have thorns so too there is good and bad in all aspects of life - hotels being no different.  Politely therefore, I now will state some fundamental aspects needed in order to improve the stay of all guests, both present and future.

I keep wondering on a daily basis "is the food and beverage department operating separate and apart from the hotel itself?...  For that reason, I recommend the following, which will not only entice the "modern hotel guests... who frequent hotels but to keep them coming back again and again.  They are as follows: -
 ·         Wi-Fi
·         Ramp for handicap
·         Housekeeping
·         Continental breakfast (pet peeve for most hotel guests)

Overall though, Chesterfield is a place for persons who would like to stay in a good boutique hotel situated in the middle of all action, ocean drive and not far from shopping areas and clubs.

Let me say once again, well done to the wonderful team at Chesterfield.  I do trust that Management will take my modest suggestions and remarks into consideration.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Chesterfield Hotel exceeded as every time my expectations. The whole staff did a great job and granted as usual a great customer service. At this point I want to Thank Jose (door man), Reception: Pedro,Daniel, Ana, Francesca & Darko you guys made me feel welcomed and granted a pleasant stay! Also I want to Thank Marina & Paula from the bar the food & drinks were delightful ! My bedroom was gorgeous and comfy :)
Looking forward to spend another a great vacation at this Hotel in near future

Room Tip: Rooms at the other building "Lily" are much quieter ;-)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo