18 people are viewing this hotel
$239
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
$239
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$130
Hotels.com$239
Vio.com$139
Agoda.com$277
4,664 results
All reviews front desk south beach pool area girls trip amazing service beautiful hotel great customer service pool staff ocean front an umbrella lincoln road ocean drive shelbourne neto wyndham miami armando
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Dominic, Beachside cabana waiter was awesome. Outdoor bartender was great. Poolside waitstaff spent all their time on people renting pool cabanas, and I'm sorry, but if you bring craft beer to a 4 star hotel, they should just look the other way and let you enjoy it....especially if their not serving you drinks more often than once every hour and a half....

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
eddier001, Front Office Manager at Shelborne South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Good day Tanya F,

Thank you for your kind words about Dominic and our poolside service team. We strive ery hard to create great experiences for our guests. We do have a few standards we need to adhere to and one is not allowing glass poolside or outside food and beverages. My apologies if this presented and inconvenience for you and I hope it didn't overshadow the rest of your stay. We hope you will come back for more fun in the sun. Safe travels.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Many hotels in South Beach are old. This one was redone. It is a small hotel. I wanted to upgrade to a pool view room with a balcony and they didn't have availability. The hotel is modern and clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The bed is a bit mushy. The room was clean. The bathroom was small. The pool was nice. Lunch poolside was ok. Definitely not a Cuban! Very disappointing considering I was in MIAMI! Bikes are available. I found it odd that they required my driver's license for the ping pong ball and paddles. I felt like they disrespect their guests with these little annoyances. Just charge my room if I don't return the ball. Obnoxious

My main complaint was the fee charged for delivery of packages. I ordered 7 items from Dick's Sporting Goods in one order. Unfortunately for me, Dick's shipped each item separately. Shelbourne wanted to charge me $5 per package. Obviously, my items were being held hostage by them so I had no choice. Then I find out that it cannot be charged to the room. I was at a business meeting and had left my wallet in the room. So I had to go back up and grab a credit card. When I get back down, I was told that they cannot accept credit card. Really? A hotel establishment requires cash?
I felt like I was being extorted by the staff for cash. I did not have cash with me so I refused to pay the extortion fee. At this point, I had my items. I told them if they wanted to charge my room, they could but I was not going to fork over cash.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank flipflopgirl

Dear flipflopgirl,

Thank you for choosing the Shelborne South Beach and for taking the time to share your feedback. We have recently remodled our hotel and I am glad you liked the ambience and our service levels. However, I am disappointed you had a few issues along the way. I have shared your feedback with our management team to look at how we can improve. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak in more detail and see how we can help turn this around for you. Please reach out at your convenience and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

After many hours of research, I booked an Oceanfront double room. Over three weeks later (and too late to book an equivalent room at another hotel), I was upset to receive a confirmation email for a different room type that didn't suit our family. I understand that damage was caused by the hurricane, but they shouldn't have been taking bookings for rooms that they would have known by that time to be either out of action or questionable. We were eventually given a Partial Oceanview room but still made to pay the more expensive price (minus resort fees, plus $100 credit). For this reason, my rating is 4 instead of 5.
That disappointment aside, we had a wonderful stay. I loved the retro styling. Our room was clean, fresh and modern. The bed was comfortable (although small) and the room was quiet. The hotel is in a perfect location, within easy walking distance of the Lincoln Road Mall and a few steps from a beautiful beach. The pool area was lovely, as was the restaurant. Although I didn't indulge, I loved that there were some interesting mini-bar choices in the room such as lollies. There was live entertainment in the bar/library area on some evenings. We would definitely stay again - hopefully in the Oceanfront room next time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Kyls40,

Our apologies for the room change. We are working hard to get all of our rooms back in shape and thank you for your understanding. It is great to read, that despite the initial challenges, our team made up for it with exceptional service. Our location is perfect for exploring all that South Beach has to offer. Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for taking the time to share your feedback. Safe travels and we hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Booked this property because of its location close to the convention center and being mid beach it gave us greater mobility during the crush of Art Basel. We booked 2 rooms oceanfront way in advance. Although we had no knowledge to the contrary upon arrival we were told that 95% of the oceanfront rooms were lost in the hurricane and they moved us to whatever rooms were available.We were very disappointed because having known this before we may have been able to book at another hotel and get the views we expected. All I can say is once we expressed our disappointment to the hotel staff they did everything they could to make this the best stay ever. Of course they adjusted the room charge and went out of their way to accommodate every way they could-even sending champagne to the room one night! Needless to say they went above and beyond and the hotel was fabulous-the pool and beach are spectacular,pool service was great and the new restaurant was a gem-super food and super service-and the buffet breakfast was outstanding as well! The staff went overboard in delivering a truly great experience one which we will definitely look forward to again. And kudos to Josebe and her front desk staff-she and this hotel are what quality service is all about-it is our new favorite place in SoBe!

Room tip: Once the oceanfront rooms are available I would suggest those
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Good day spitlake,
I am truly happy that our team was able to create a great stay for you despite the room change. The Shelborne South Beach's team takes an amazing amount of pride in delivering wonderful expreinces for our guests and I am glad we did just that for you. I will share your wonderful feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Hotel is in a good location in the middle of south beach. Check in was quick and easy. The room was quite small and was looking a little tired, chipped furniture and stained carpets. Very comfy bed. Nice bathroom but cleanliness not up to standard. I was not happy with cleanliness of the toilet,I asked for it to be resolved but nobody did anything. I was checking out the following day so didn't have much time to carry it through to resolve it. There is a resort fee for tea,coffee , water in the room. Also for WiFi and sunbeds. The coffee and tea in the room was awful and there was only dried creamer and paper cups! Not good enough for the price and this standard of hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandiethorn
eddier001, Front Office Manager at Shelborne South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. As we are always looking for ways to improve our service, I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team. Our priority is to create a safe, luxurious and fun envirnonment for our guests. My apologize for letting you down. Please let me know if I can be of further service in anyway to help with this situation.