“Amazing”
Review of Jaya

Jaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: 20th Street
Transit: 108 Rt. H
Description: Opened in December 2015,Jaya, which means 'victory' in Sanskrit, was chosen by our team to honor The Setai's renowned interior designer Jaya Ibrahim. Incorporating many traditional culinary techniques from wok stations to tandoor ovens, Jaya's menu features modern Asian cuisine with the bountiful flavors of turmeric, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, chilies, coconut milk and tamarind and also presents longtime Setai favorites including Peking Duck, Naan breads, Indian curries, Tandoori sea bass and Dim Sums. Breakfast and Sunday Brunch offers classics such as croissants, smoked salmon, Belgian waffles and more.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I ate here one night spontaneously and all I can say is wow! We sat outside and had a beautiful table with such an amazing ambience. We ordered a 3 course meal which was fantastic and the server was very friendly and helpful. To top the night off the valet staff arranged their hotel car to take us back to where we were staying complimentary. We would def dine here again at thud beautiful hotel

Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Such a shame”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. Was very disappointed to find that the service has declined considerably. After getting dinner menus (no wine list) server returned 10 minutes later to ask if we had any questions about the menu. Told him that we wanted to order a bottle of champagne to start. Table was wobbly - so they had to level it first. I felt like we were at an Olive Garden.

Servers were either non existent, or tripping over each other. One server spilled an amouse Bouche while I was trying to order wine from sommelier. Apps were delivered before those plates were cleared, creating a tumultuous environment.

Had the foie gras which was delicious. Pasta agnolatti was tiny. Lamb tagine was adequate - not great. John Dory ok, nothing special. Ordered three desserts and had after dinner drinks.

The main server and sommelier could see our struggle with the service, but when a 20 percent tip is automatically included ( as is custom in Miami), they didn't seem to care. $700 later, I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone who has an expectation of a fine dining experience.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank NewcoSteve
Stamford, Connecticut
1,100 restaurant reviews
“Beautiful brunch ”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

If you have brunch here sit in the courtyard. It is beautiful with a nice breeze. Brunch is buffet style and can order omlets and different eggs. It's good but not worth the price.

Milan, Italy
“disappointment”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Last year we had dinner at the Setai, then it was a Asian kitchen, very good. This year they switched to a mediterranean kitchen. We ordered two appetizers. I ordered the panzanella, which is a dish made out of bread a few days old. They forgot the bread so all I had was vegetables and cheese, which made it an completely different dish. I told the waiter that one of the main ingredients of panzanella is bread. Oh, they forgot the bread. He came back with two pieces of bruschetta (toasted bread) with diced tomatoes, which they also had served to my husband with his appetizer, the jamon! Our next dishes were: the gamberoni with vegetables and lemon chips and my husband ordered the tuna, rare/medium cooked. The tuna was COMPLETELY cooked and I asked about the lemon chips. Oh they forgot. The waiter brought it: ONE thin slice of fried lemon! Three out of four dishes were not perfect or even near perfect. So we didn't order a dessert as you may understand. Overall the food was so so, except the jambon was good. In the south of Europe you can eat better tasting gamberoni in any small restaurant on the corner. Sorry, but the only positive thing that I can say is that the waiter was friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent brunch!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The breakfast brunch was phenomenal! Expect only the best service in an elegant atmosphere when dining at the Setai. Everything was delicious and the prices, although on the higher end, were well worth what was presented.

• Visited September 2013