“Average quality tapas in a nice setting”
Review of Tapas y Tintos

Tapas y Tintos
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas y Tintos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 1,111 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award-winning Spanish restaurant in the heart of Miami Beach on Espanola Way. Enjoy our LIVE Flamenco Show every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Enjoy Happy Hour everyday until 8pm
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love tapas and I've been to many tapas restaurants before including Spain. I was really looking forward to visiting Tapas y Tintos on my vacation in Miami Beach after having followed them on Facebook for a while and read good reviews.

I actually invited my friends to join me for a late night dinner. Unfortunately the experience was just average. I don't consider myself picky but I do like when food is flavorful. Tapas were not very flavorful and prices were not low comparing to the quality.

Even though the setting on Espanola Way was superb, personally I would not go back to this restaurant for dinner. My expectations were set a way too high. Before dinner drinks would be fine though.

Hostess was very nice and seated us promptly. Waiter service was generally good. Outdoor seating was very pleasant. The restaurant also has a dance floor and I saw some people inside dancing salsa but we haven't tried it.

We ordered the following tapas:
- Jamon Jamon
We asked if it's Jamon Serrano and waiter confirmed. I have my doubts as the quality and flavor was far from Jamon Serrano I had before. It was disappointing to all in our party as this was one of the tapas we were really looking forward to.

- Tabla De Quesos (cheese sampler)
It was the best of all tapas but then again how bad you can go with cheese? Cheeses tasted well although they were sliced too thin as you would to make a sandwich but not tapas.

- Tortilla Espanola (spanish omelette)
This was the worst tapas. I love spanish omelette, I make it myself, had my friends tried it in other restaurants and this one was terrible. I would not order it again. Luck of flavor, odd texture and no balance between eggs and potatoes.

- Sepia A La Plancha (grilled calamari)
Flavor was OK but calamari were too hard and chewy.

- Chuletas De Cordero (baby lamb chops)
Tasty, flavorful but the portion was microscopic, two tiny pieces for $12.

- Croquetas (sampling of croquettes)
Average.

- Sangria
Good.

The restaurant also has a dance floor and I saw some people inside dancing salsa.

Overall disappointing, I would not go back for dinner but drinks before dinner would be fine.

1  Thank SunnyInes
Beppe R, General Manager at Tapas y Tintos, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello Agnes: Thanks for reviewing us. We'll take your suggestion into consideration. Your opinion always counts. However, we hope to have you back again and enjoy our food and service.
Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friend from out of town was craving tapas so I took her here after reading the reviews: Super fun!! The service was very friendly, we sat outside in a beautiful night, the atmosphere was lively with the music, and the sangria and tapas were yummy. It is very entertaining and the location is perfect, fun fun place!

1  Thank linisima
Beppe R, Owner at Tapas y Tintos, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello linisima, It’s wonderful to read we exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed our food, ambiance and service. We look forward to have you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place serves authentic spanish tapas made by spanish people. The service was polite and helpful and when we asked for dishes not on the menu they actually made them for us.

1  Thank Kim S
Beppe R, General Manager at Tapas y Tintos, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi Kim, thanks for reviewing us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our spanish food. Thanks a lot, hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice tapas and friendly service for reasonably prices in a cosy street.
Great drinks as well.
Would go again if I had the time.

1  Thank Juncker

Hello juncker:, It’s always great to get a nice feedback from customers. We hope you choose us again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Ok so I like to do short and concise reviews ... the food here is great and so is the service. The restaurant is on a corner at the quieter end of Espanola way. There is outside seating for those who enjoy people watching and then there is the inside seating which is a little more private and cozy.

Prices are $$ and you are paying for location … you definitely need 2-3 tapas to feel full since the portions are ... well, tapas!

It's good for all sorts of trips e.g. solo, family, couples or business.

Enjoy it! I love it here!

1  Thank YadL
Beppe R, General Manager at Tapas y Tintos, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Hello YadL It’s wonderful to read we exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed our food, ambiance and service. We look forward to have you back again very soon.