“great service with great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Front Porch Cafe

Front Porch Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Front Porch Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,066 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th
Description: We are currently updating our dinner menu. Please check our website for the latest dinner updates. The story of Ocean Drive is everchanging, but our neighborhood spot has remained the same for more than 20 years as a laid back classic & memorable Home- cooked experience.
Toronto, Canada
“great service with great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

had breakfast for 7 of us girls down for a bachelorette and had a great experience. Waitress was fantastic and super attentive and the food was awesome!

1 Thank Nuria_14

Augusta, Georgia
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

It was recommended by our hotel for breakfast. It is a nice location among the art deco buildings and across from the beach. The food was very good, and service was great. But we felt it was pricey for casual dining.

Columbus, Ohio
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after arriving in South Beach. This property is just down from where we were staying. The drinks were high priced but the food was pretty good. We opted to sit at the bar since the outdoor area was packed. NOTE: many places, including Front Porch, automatically add a gratuity to your bill. They do not mention this at all, so be careful not to end up tipping double what you intended.

Ann Arbor, MI
“Poor Service, tolerable food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I sat at the bar for 15 minutes before being acknowledged by either bar tender. When I was greeted, he told me it would be at least 5 minutes before he could take my order because they were very busy. Not worth waiting or begging for a drink, so I left.

Happy Hour at the hotel restaurant advertises food and drink specials. The $5.00 menu is ok, but attitude of the hostess and server are absolutely worthless. Terrible service too…..had to beg for water refills and never checked to see if we wanted to order anything additional or asked how the food was. I was scolded and the beer I just bought in the pool area in the attached hotel was confiscated because they do not allow “carry ins”.
The restaurant staff was different the second day, so I decided to try the place again because the shrimp tacos were good. The server told me I had to order alcoholic drinks for everyone that was going to order any of the food specials. I think this place makes up rules and restrictions day by day based on how nasty they want to be. On top of it all, they automatically add a 20% gratuity to all checks.

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cold food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just had breakfast here and I was not pleased!!.. First and foremost, it's 12 in the afternoon and they ran out of French toast (best thing on the menu) and it wasn't even crowded. Instead I ordered toast, eggs and potatoes, and bacon... Everything was very very cold and hard. We ordered oatmeal for the kids and it was cold as well.

Visited September 2013