“The best ice cream on the beach”

Frieze Ice Cream Factory
Ranked #12 of 51 Dessert in Miami Beach
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I eat a lot of ice cream when I travel, and I'm always on the lookout for my favorite flavor: coconut. On two separate visits to Miami Beach, I tried ice cream in at least six places. Frieze was by far the best.

And it's the best coconut ice cream that I've found in the United States.

Frieze is on a side street just off Lincoln Road; don't miss it.

There are newer reviews for Frieze Ice Cream Factory

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a required stop for our family each time we visit Lincoln Road. It is owned by a very nice local family who employs teenagers. The ice cream is always fresh, the flavors creative, and the shakes are jumbo size. The cappuccino chip has been a longstanding favorite but the coconut can't be beat.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This tiny emporium makes it's own ice cream, which is rich and delicious. The list changes from day to day, but a wonderful pistachio is almost always available. The Deco-dant chocolate is triple chocolate and truly marvelous.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I really like this little independent shop. I always try a few, and there is always at least one flavor I've never seen anywhere else. (Today was spiced apple cider sorbet. Flavors change frequently.) It's not value priced, but craft foods generally aren't.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

i´ve read in a guide about this place. Awful ice cream, I´m sorry to say that. I´ve ordered 3 scoops (three flavours) and none of them was even Ok.
For a great ice cream in Lincoln road Mall, I recommend Ghirardelli, Parmalat or even Haagen Dazs.

2  Thank ACF1979