“Nice place. Clean. Nice staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Miami Beach

Holiday Inn Miami Beach
Ranked #100 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Burlington, Canada
“Nice place. Clean. Nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed there pre-cruise for two nights.. Very adequate. Nice breakfast buffet. Classic Holiday Inn. Older facility good location right on the Beach. It was passable. Shower had no water pressure. Gym is smaller than a bathroom and of no value.

Room Tip: North end-no view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foldzy123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear foldzy123,

Thank you for your review. We certainly apologize for the water pressure issue and for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. We understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. We are pleased you did enjoy your breakfast and our beach location. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Hungarian first
Spring, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here when the hotel my convention was at was fully booked. I stayed three nights (Monday through Wednesday), and they left a lot to be desired.

My number one complaint is that the walls/flooring must be insanely thin because I could hear EVERYthing from EVERYwhere. At one point the people in the room next to me started playing music loudly at 10 p.m. They must have gotten complaints because it didn't last long, but I remember laying in bed hoping they weren't prepping for a room party, lol. I could hear people returning at 2 in the morning, easily understanding their conversation as they walked dooooooowwwn the hall.

Parking is frustrating. I respect that one must pay for parking because this is Miami Beach. However, $25/day for self parking (without in/out abilities) vs. $29/day for valet (with in/out abilities) is insanely frustrating. So long as you called the requested 10 minutes prior to needing your vehicle, the valet wasn't so bad... but the valets are mostly terrible. Not very good at helping you. Not in any rush, even when you're standing right there, staring at them as they continue their conversation with someone (obviously a friend and it didn't appear important) and PREVENT another valet from taking it. I could see the other valet who was going to get it done for me was very aware of me waiting. I felt like it embarassed the "good" valet who was trying to help.

The room itself was decent enough. The shower leaked all over the place though. Just meant I used all the towels trying to contain the water. Would have been nice to be able to open the windows - but I respect their reasoning! Could still see the pretty ocean from my window. Love the access to the boardwalk behind the hotel - don't forget to utilize this! Beware that most entrances/exits require a card pass of some sort, so if you're visiting another hotel, you may need to have someone waiting to let you in. Beach is lovely.

The hotel pool looked nice and well kept though weather was not such that I could enjoy it..

There was a stain on my sheets one night when I returned. I hate that...

I really wouldn't recommend staying here. I understand there are better hotels at similar prices very near. But if you're the one that's staying up all night or don't mind the noise, this might be the place for you!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Allison S,

Thank you for providing us a detailed feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the issues you experienced during your stay. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and forwarded them to our management team for review. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed for five nights at this property and really enjoyed our stay. The location was good and opposite a car rental place. Our room was a good size overlooking the pool. The pool area is lovely. The lobby is a great size and the concierges were nice although not overly up with the play with recommendations. English was a barrier for some of them. They told us to not go to Little Havana at night as it wasn't safe but it was safe as safe could be and a great place to visit during the day and night! Wifi was really really slow which was a little annoying. You do need a car in Miami as taxis are expensive. We walked to South Beach and the beaches are beautiful and parks well maintained (except the public toilets!). There are some great shops and you need to visit and eat in Espanola way and the open air shopping mall that we stumbled on. The diner on Washington Avenue was great. We'd recommend a stay as it was good value for money and staff at reception/service was great as was the bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nina044
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The service from the staff in this hotel make the whole experience so much better. They were all so friendly and ready to answer questions. I am very thankful for the ocean view upgrade. Being someone who works in an ocean front resort I know how demanding people are for these!
The room was always cleaned to a great standard everyday and the housekeepers were also extremely friendly when we passed them.

The bed was very comfortable and easy to sleep in (could of done with some more light), our bathroom was good but could have done with a better shower as the head we slightly broken.

All in all I am very impressed with this hotel and would stay there again instantly. The location was perfect being just a short distance from south beach.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ben B
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the Holiday Inn Miami Beach. I know that most people only take time to write the negative points & complain about things. But I wanted to let you know that I was very impressed with the treatment that I received in particular by, The Manager on Duty Mr. Manny Garcia, Emma, and Christian were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service. I was in town for a gig performing Stand Up comedy for a private yacht party docked in front of the Fontainbleau Hilton. I selected this property since I'm a PC Gold Member & I was able to use my reward points to stay on Friday night & enjoyed myself so much that I ended up extending my stay and paying for an extra night.

So Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one - I will definitely be staying at your Hotel again the next time that I'm on the beach.

1 Thank Isabella P
Greece, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff was excellent. The hotel although out of date wasn't horrid and our room was very clean. We had a "view" of the ocean but you had to press your face against the window to look to the side. The lobby was hopping at all times and there were always taxis available outside. Very quick walk to beach.

I would like to see a continental breakfast being added. The restaurant is very pricey for a family of 4! If you leave the hotel and turn left and go to 41st street there is a market. You can buy crakers for snacks for your little ones. We also did bagels and pb. Made breakfasts a lot cheaper!

Also if you walk about 2 miles to 17th and then in 2 blocks to washington and then up another 2 blocks to lincon there is A LOT of shopping and restaurants. Along the way you will pass Cantina 27 Italian Ristorante. That place was phenomenal!

Only other thing that would have made this above average was if they had chairs on beach available for the people at the hotel. Even if you only got them for one night of your stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Christina S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our staff excellent, Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Only two miles from South Beach (and all the dining choices) but quieter venue where you can relax and don't have to walk as far to the beach. The boardwalk offers lots of opportunities to get a walk or run in and not have to find the traffic and crowds gathering on Collins Ave. They also offer pool towels.

NOTE: There is a lot of construction on Collins Ave and most places it is down to one lane in each direction coming from South Beach - be aware and avoid rush hour in the evening because traffic crawls between all the lights.

Also note valet parking is either $29 or $30 per night in addition to your room charge. This is good to know. There are some overnight parking options nearby but not as sure of the price. I don't think there was any substantial savings.

I walked over to the Fontainebleau Resort for dinner one evening. There are several places to eat and the pool views are spectacular. It's two doors down from Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: All the floors have not been updated (I was on 10th) and lower floors had newer carpet and fixtures...