“This place is a major ripoff.”
Review of Sea Cafe - CLOSED

Sea Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Florida
“This place is a major ripoff.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is why I don't like Miami. It is a rippoff starting with charging $3 each person for a refilled dirty bottle of tap water. It ended with a bill where the service charge has already been added without mention by the waiter and a big blank space for tip. This restaurant is just one of many along the beach owned by the same company with the same menu and the ripoff drinks with no prices. If a host approaches you about eating or drinkling in these restaurants - don't just walk, run away.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JohnnyBfromFlorida

Sydney, Canada
“Don't go here”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Don't go to this place!! Food was terrible and no prices on drinks and promise you discounts and don't follow through. Service was ok until we questioned about our high priced bill. Wouldn't eat here again. Tried to lower our tip as service was terrible but was still charged the amount they proffered. Don't get tricked into this place!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mish C
Boston, Massachusetts
“Rip-Off”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

While the actual food and drinks were good, it was ridiculously expensive. Each drink was almost $50. We asked for juice for my niece, and they brought us a glass bigger than her head that still cost $35. (Like she was going to drink all of that!)

We got two "specials" that were made for sharing, which were a little over $100 each! So for lunch for four adults and one child cost over $500.

If you eat there, do not order any alcoholic drinks, and order food directly from the menu or you WILL BE RIPPED-OFF.

3 Thank Jessica C
Winter Springs Florida
“Horrible food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The people outside the restaraunt flagged us down and told us that we would get 20% off our bill if we sat down to dine. The music was so loud you could not hear yourself think, which sucks if you're trying to hear thr server or eachother. I ordered the seafood pasta and a glass of wine, my friends ordered steak and fried fish....it took literally an hour for the food to come out and it was terrible. My glass of wine was from a bottle that been open for god knows how long so I sent it back. She did open a fresh bottle, which is why I didnt rate thre service as terrible. My seafood pasta was the worst $30 something dollar entree I have ever had. It was legit spaghetti with a load of cheap butter sauce, 3 microscopic shrimp that you see in asian fried rice, two clams, 2 scallops and one of the grainiest mussels I have ever had. Very very bad and I would have sent it back if I wasn't completely pissed off and famished from being fried on the beach all day. My friends hated their entrees as well. This is not quality food whatsoever. More like school cafeteria grade with less flavor. There was no 20% taken off our bill and there was a 20% gratuity added. I wish I had read the reviews before choosing something to eat that evening.

2 Thank NicoleSowilo
Naples, Florida
“Rip-off Joint & Con Men”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have never been so conned and tricked in my long life.

The server, who obviously has bought into this caper, showed us a menu of drinks but there were NO PRICES on the menu. This is not deluxe type of restaurant--it's pretty ordinary looking, and they post $3.99 appetizers, so I concluded the drinks would be an average price. But, beware because this is exactly what they want you to think. We each asked for a Mojito, and an appetizer to share. Little did we know they operate on smoke and mirrors.

We had no warning they were going to deliver these very large and outrageously priced drinks and food. We ask simply for a mojito, and they took advantage of us. This is their plan and I have no doubt they've done it a thousand times. It's their M.O.

The ultimate trick was to present the bill where these mojitos turned out to be $45.00 each! The appetizer was over $50 !!! With their included tip, our bill was $239...for 3 drinks and a shared appetizer.

Someone should stop this guy from operating. All deception--like a trap. I suppose one day he will meet his match, and I hope he does. What goes around, comes around.

1 Thank 1snayl