I was hesitating to decide between average and very good when rating this property, and if it was for its excellent location and the helpful staff, I would have given better than average. However, there are a few issues with this place.
We arrived for a 3 night pre-cruise stay and we took the free hotel shuttle service from MIA. Unfortunately the guy dropped us a street away from the hotel, showing the way where to walk.
Check-in was quick despite the small front desk area, and we were given very helpful advices regarding the area, shops, restaurants. Beach towels were also given very quickly and free of charge.
We had a 2 bedroom suite which was nice, albeit the dark brown walls were definitely created a rather dark space around. The suite had lots of storage places, a good size living room with a dining table, and a fully stocked fridge, a modern kitchen with kitchenware. 3 TVs, and a CD player. In addition, iron with a very small ironing board was available. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but offers drinks in one of the neighbourhood hotels belonging to the same group.
Besides the dark feeling in the room (was not an issue itself), we had a problem with the cleaning which only happened once during our 3 night stay. At least the towels were exchanged once. The bed in the room was making a cracking noise at every move, making a good sleep almost impossible (am not a heavy guy). The A/C was pretty noisy, and could not be switched off at all....
But more seriously, the fire alarm went on twice during our short, less than 3 day stay, first just evacuating the room, but almost causing a heart attack second time (it was around 3am), and no explanation or apologies were offered by staff. It was excruciatingly loud, directly screaming in the room, and the fire brigade entered the hotel in both ocassions, but left shortly.
On a more positive note, the hotel is located just one street from Ocean Drive and the beach, which makes it a prime place to stay. Lots of shopping lpaces around, too. Again, nice staff, including the hotel manager who was greeting guests a couple of times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach