“Those fire alarms....”

Metropole Apartments
Ranked #108 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was hesitating to decide between average and very good when rating this property, and if it was for its excellent location and the helpful staff, I would have given better than average. However, there are a few issues with this place.

We arrived for a 3 night pre-cruise stay and we took the free hotel shuttle service from MIA. Unfortunately the guy dropped us a street away from the hotel, showing the way where to walk.
Check-in was quick despite the small front desk area, and we were given very helpful advices regarding the area, shops, restaurants. Beach towels were also given very quickly and free of charge.
We had a 2 bedroom suite which was nice, albeit the dark brown walls were definitely created a rather dark space around. The suite had lots of storage places, a good size living room with a dining table, and a fully stocked fridge, a modern kitchen with kitchenware. 3 TVs, and a CD player. In addition, iron with a very small ironing board was available. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but offers drinks in one of the neighbourhood hotels belonging to the same group.

Besides the dark feeling in the room (was not an issue itself), we had a problem with the cleaning which only happened once during our 3 night stay. At least the towels were exchanged once. The bed in the room was making a cracking noise at every move, making a good sleep almost impossible (am not a heavy guy). The A/C was pretty noisy, and could not be switched off at all....
But more seriously, the fire alarm went on twice during our short, less than 3 day stay, first just evacuating the room, but almost causing a heart attack second time (it was around 3am), and no explanation or apologies were offered by staff. It was excruciatingly loud, directly screaming in the room, and the fire brigade entered the hotel in both ocassions, but left shortly.
On a more positive note, the hotel is located just one street from Ocean Drive and the beach, which makes it a prime place to stay. Lots of shopping lpaces around, too. Again, nice staff, including the hotel manager who was greeting guests a couple of times.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Good Afternoon Utas2,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us!The City of Miami Beach is currently preforming construction on Collins Ave. They have set strict regulations about loading and unloading. Unfortunately we are not able to drop guests off or pick them up right in front of the hotel. Our suites are spacious and wonderful for a couple that wants to have a great time! I will make sure to provide your feedback to all of our team, so that they are aware and it won't happen again! We did have an issue with our fire alarm that was out of our control. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We called the fire alarm company and they were out to resolve this issue within some time. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Metropole Apartments

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay a 1 nights stay in Miami, South Beach after we got off our cruise (5/1/2014) to check out the area for the day before we headed home for a 11 hour drive. I had originally booked to stay at another hotel with bookit.com and they called me the day we got off our cruise to tell me that the other hotel had overbooked and they needed to put us somewhere else so Metropole is where bookit.com put us. And for sure on the A+ side!! It took us a while to find out about parking, we figured it out after I had read some reviews that public parking was close to the hotel and you didn't have to use valet. Well my husband pulled over to ask the valet guy about parking who was very rude, and said he only knew about valet that there wasn't any public parking anywhere around. We found the public parking though and walked to the hotel and checked in. We had Great Service checking in, and we also told the gentleman about how rude the valet guy was to us! They had a Bell Guy go with us to our vehicle at the public parking garage and bring all our luggage back to the hotel, this was a very, very nice thing!! Our room was on the 4th floor, #415 (right when you got off the elevator). The room was VERY TOP NOTCH, EXCELLENT! It had 2 bedrooms both with King Sized Beds, 1 bathroom, a Full Kitchen, Full Living Room, Dining Room Area with a table, and 3 Huge TV's!! The floor was black hardwood!! Very Nice!! The Kitchen was stocked with all types of stuff that you could purchase for extra fees, of course. We pulled the sheets back, they were clean and fresh smelling!! We went down to the Entrance area and walked around to check out the small pool and sitting area, very pretty! We went out to the beach area which was only about 1 block away, very short walk!!! We also went and checked out some clubs. That night we both slept GREAT! Beds were Very Comfy!! The next morning we had towels but no washclothes so I called the front desk and they had fresh washclothes up to us in less than 5 minutes! Very Impressed with that! Great Service!! When we were ready to check out we called the front desk asked for the Bell Guy to take our luggage back to our vehicle for us, he was there in just a short time! We went downstairs and checked out and the Bell Guy walked with us back to the public parking garage and helped us load our luggage back into our vehicle. I think that Metropole was a Great Place and if we ever want to go back to Miami, South Beach this would be our #1 place to stay! If your looking for a nice place to stay I highly recommend staying here! :)

Room Tip: DO NOT USE THEIR VALET! Public Parking is just right down from the place, and way cheaper! And it IS...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello there joanie30735,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to know that your time spent with us was such a great one! I am glad that you were placed here after your original hotel was overbooked. We apologize that the valet attendant did not provide you with outstanding service! I will make sure that the valet company is aware of this. There is garage, lot and municipal parking around the hotel. It can be a hassle to find sometime though. We offer unbeatable prices, for a hotel in a prime location, with great money saving amenities to go with. We like to make sure that everything is well maintained, so that everyone can enjoy their time with us. We would love to have you stay with us again, in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We originally booked two rooms at the Tradewinds for 10 days and when we arrived with the confirmation number, the hotel had no record of our booking. They were very helpful in finding us another property (the Metropole) for our stay. While the Metropole is in a great location, the rooms are small and dark, issues with appliances and not really for families with young children. The staff at the Metropole went our of their way to be helpful and respectful of our situation and helped us make this a good trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Good Day gottaloveitaly2012,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to post your feedback! We are extremely sorry that there was a complication with your reservation. Delighted to know that we were able to move you to lovely Metropole! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the action! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a great time! Please come and stay with us again!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I LOVED staying at the Metropole! My girls and I went to SoBe for my bachelorette and booked the 2 bedroom suite. The staff was very helpful and sweet. Oh and the location couldn't get any better! We were so close to the beach and walking distance to pretty much everything. I loved how the shuttle bus from the airport had music playing to get you in the mood. I will definitely be booking a room there again when I go back to SoBe.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shima D

Hello there Shida65,

We appreciate the time you took to share your 5 star experience with us! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special moment! We are in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from everything. We strive on providing outstanding service, so we are glad that is what you were given! We hope that you will come back soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This has been the worst hotel I have ever been to. I booked a room and when I show up to check in the guy in the front didn't know how to handle the situation and called the manager several times. The manager brushed him off over the phone and would not accommodate us for anything. Someone clearly messed up in our reservation. They wanted to move us to another hotel on 20th st. And down grade us to a standard room when we booked a suite with this hotel. My partner and I were very upset. We are upset. We arrived at the hotel at 12am and didn't leave until 4 am until they just found us a room somewhere else. I really don't recommend this hotel. It is the worst experience I have ever had and we are going to call the corporate office to complain to report the horrible service we had.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank vlopez33

Good Day vlopez33,

We value all of our guests feedback, and we apologize that your time spent here wasn't a 5 star one! I am sorry that there was an issue with your reservation and see that you were upgraded to our 4 star property, Riviera Suites. It's a lovely hotel located on 20th street.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel was AMAZING. The apartments are great, I stayed in a one bedroom suite and my best friends had a two bedroom suite both equipped with full kitchen. Lighting was a bit dim, Im assuming the hotel aims for the sexy feel however, the rooms were clean, smelled good and spacious. Bathroom was a bit small however it served its purpose. Kedi , the asst. manager was a great help to my friends and I, she accomadated all of our needs during our stay. The courtyard was available to us at ALL times, which had a small splash pool. EVERYTHING about this hotel was great, I would recommend it beacause of Location (6th and Collins) and the beautiful rooms !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon Jaz B,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to know that your time spent with us was a great one! Our apartments are lovely, spacious and clean. Kedi is wonderful and I will definitely pass on your praise! We hope that you would come back and stay with us again, in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Very poor issues dealt with housekeeping not cleaning room n bar person entering room that had do not disturb sign on it. Plus when tried several times to contact owner personally in all my years
Of Miami this is one of worst places that does not care of assisting you never again will I stay here

Room Tip: Save time n money stay at non south beach group hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank leisurecorpinvest

Hello there leisurecorpinvest,

We value all of our guests feedback, and terribly sorry to read that your time here wasn't amazing! It is completely unacceptable for any of our staff to go into room without permission! I will make sure that all of our team is aware of your feedback, so that it never happens again!