A vacation should be a positive and stress-free experience but my stay was anything but.
· I called for assistance “Every Day” of our stay.
· Dealing with lights not working
· Flooding in our room
· Never getting anything resolved
· Our stay was uncomfortable and unpleasant
· Health and Fire hazards
I was hoping to get this resolved and speak to someone of authority, but I am now frustrated and as of 5 days later nothing has been resolved. I reported them to fraud dept. with Visa. I am hoping to get full charges compensated. Nothing has been done by Metropole or South Beach Group. I am not sure if I would even book with South Beach Group bantique hotels ever again! I have never been treated like this in my life!
The worst hotel stay of my life!
We checked in to the Metropole at 4:00 pm on Friday, January 25, 2013. We entered a well sunlit room. We were all very tired from our long 5-hour drive and decided to take a nap. It was dark when we woke up. I flipped on the light in the bathroom and immediately one of the two lights went out. I asked my sister to call downstairs and let them know about the problem. Before she got off the phone the other light went out, and before maintenance arrived, the kitchen light went out, too!
We were all very excited to be in South Beach but trying to get ready was a challenge. On the first night of our vacation, all four of us were stuck in the one small room – the only one with light.
Meanwhile, the maintenance man arrived while we were all half dressed and stayed for quite a while (this was very awkward)!!! He did not speak English and had a translator with him who explained that the fire safety light turns off when overheated and are only meant to stay on for up to 15 minutes. He then proceeded to bring some lamps up to the room.
The next morning, January 26, 2013, the lights in the bathroom and kitchen were still not working! We called the front desk and asked for someone who can PLEASE fix the lighting situation! We were heading out for the day, so we asked that they wait until we are gone. When we returned in the later part of the afternoon we realized the lights were still not working! We could not believe this was happening!
Sunday, January 27, 2013. As if the lighting issue wasn't enough, the ceiling had leaked water all night and we now had a huge pool of water in our room. It was a consistent drip and seemed to have been an ongoing problem. After looking at the ceiling, floor, and warped door it was obvious that this was not the first, second, or third time this had happened.
At this point I had had it! We had nothing to wipe it up with because housekeeping hadn't brought us new towels after taking our used ones the day before. So once again, I called downstairs to speak with a Manager. I spoke with Sebastian and told him we needed extra towels to wipe up the floor! They said they would fix the leak. In the meantime, we used a bucket to catch the water. So now, not only is our room dark, it is wet too! YUCK! Not to mention a real safety hazard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $18.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach