My first trip to Miami I travel with two of my girlfriends. We searched the web for weeks looking for a great hotel that offered two rooms at a decent price. The hotel was seemingly perfect offering everything we wanted. We reserved the FREE shuttle from the airport we waited for 2 long hours it never arrived. I had call the hotel to my surprise the listed number for the hotel was to the reservation line which was CLOSED me and my friends began to search the web to find a front desk number to no avail. After about 45 more minutes we were some how able to reach Catalina hotel and ask them to get us in touch with our hotel...it took us over 3 hours for the shuttle when we asked the driver what happen he just calmly stated he did not come...I couldn't believe it that leaving guest strained at airport was ok to say the least. Once we arrived I informed the front desk clerk of our 3 hour long issue of not being able to contact hotel and the issue with the shuttle. He then informed us that it is a free shuttle and we should glad it arrived. I am beyond furious at this point so I ask to speak with a manager who would not be in until the morning. I asked that he contact as soon as he arrived. Worst arrival I have ever had.
The front desk and hallway feel more like a dark creepy closet than a warm and refreshing oasis near a beach. Once we were able to reach our room we opened the door to what appeared to be a swarm of flies and fruit flies gross I have never been to any beach hotel and encounter this problem. I must note that I also live near a beach as well and don't have this problem. There were stains on the furniture in the living room the refrigerator look like someone had punched several times. The room was very very s dark not good for putting on makeup or checking yourself in the mirror. But I must say we stay in a two room in the main garden area and the size of the apartment was great. The size of the bedroom a bit of an issue as the bed nearly touches both walls so it's like you have to literally squeeze between the the tv and bed to get to the window on the opposite side of the bed. Oh and the windows have prison bars on them so the only view was of a nasty dumpster in an alley.
The next morning the GM Andreas never called or came to my room I had to call twice before getting his attention in the garden/lobby area. Once informed of the major issue he seem a little careless but stated that he would address the situation. Housekeeping not great left bathroom dirty and no toilet paper or enough towels. The design of the shower allows for water get all over the bathroom floor (safety hazard).
There were some pros to this 5 day girls weekend
The location was AMAZING in walking distance to nearly everything we only caught a taxi once that was due to rainy weather. The apartment feel allowed us to relax and have a few drinks before heading out each night. Happy Hour each night was great too. The splash pool was nice to dip your toes and have a few laughs among friends an other friendly travelers. Check out I encounter the same problem the shuttle never came front desk only offered to call taxi but said again it's a free shuttle so we can't rely on it's arrival. Poor service. This is very cheap hotel in an AWESOME location. not worth the 4 stars it say they should be. Also I don't understand why they promote a free shuttle and charge you a resort fee of 15 dollars at day....In reading a few responses from the hotel mgmt Katrine states the 15 pays for the amenities they offer by the hotel. Hmmm so the shuttle is NOT free at all. Will not be staying here or any other South Beach Group Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach