I stayed here for three nights for the second part of my Miami trip, and I must say that I would've stayed here for the entire trip if my decision of hotel were solely based on location and comfort. I read the reviews before booking the hotel, so I knew there were mixed reviews for the hotel. But since the location of the hotel is superb, and I got the room for half of the price, I decided to take a chance. I must say, that was a great decision.
To start, we arrived at the hotel at around 11:30 am on Columbus Day after checking out from the first hotel we stayed for the previous two nights. We were told no room was ready at the time, which we totally expected and had plans. We only asked to store the luggage there while we go Downtown for the boat ride on Biscayne Bay. The front desk person Sebastian graciously agreed and asked if we needed directions or any suggestions on places to go for food nearby. I asked Sebastian if it would be possible to have a one bedroom suite with 2 beds once they're ready, and he promised he would try as there are only limited number of rooms with two beds and two of the rooms are still occupied. When we returned later to officially check in, we found that all our special requests were honored, which included having two beds, on a higher floor, and being a quiet room away from the street. We were given room 411, which is on the 4th floor and faces 7th St.
The room itself was excellent as well. Spacious bedroom, walk in closet, and modern living room and kitchen. The electric outlets were a little tricky to work out at first, but I soon figured out how it worked. If there is a light switch controlling one of the "outlet plates", turning off that switch means there will be no more electricity being supplied to the two outlets that are on that plate. Duh! I do agree with other reviewers on the shower stall. The halfway enclosure of the shower was stylish but not very practical, water splashed all over the bathroom floor whenever one of us showered. Nevertheless that is a minor trade off for such a beautiful room. It is indeed a bit dark in the nighttime, but since we were not here to make up our faces heavily and party every night, this was not a problem for us. We probably made up our faces one time, and the lighting was sufficient. So if you are someone who needs to put on flawlessly professional make up daily, the lighting here might not suit you; conversely, if you're simply here to relax and maybe require make up once in a while, this will be a VERY comfortable place for you. The beds were VERY comfortable, and the black out curtains did their job well, such that we had problem getting up early as we had planned to. Not one day did we wake up before 10 am, what a waste of sunshine! During our stay, the staff accommodated every request we had with professionalism. Though all the staff were very professional and fulfilled our requests graciously, I must say that Sebastian was the best amongst all; in my opinion, he was the one who seemed most caring and sincere. And, the icing on the cake, the hotel provides free beach chairs upon request, as well as beach towels, besides the shuttle service to and from MIA, and the free happy hour daily at their sister hotels. All the extras definitely worth the $15 resort fee they charge daily.
To sum it up, my stay at Metropole exceeded my expectations. I did not experience one unpleasant or rude staff, any uncleanliness of the room, or hardware malfunction. As some other reviewers have noted, people who complained about the hotel simply expected too much for what it is worth. Frankly, I am not sure if this is a 4-star accommodation by the national standard, but I am certain this is definitely above 3-star by South Beach boutique hotel standard. For people who book a room here and stay at the maximum number of people allowed for the room type in the room, you assumed some trade-off in comfort. You wouldn't live in a two bedroom apartment with 5 other people, or get in a Corolla with 4 other people, and still expect luxurious comfort, would you? Simply put, with grow and sexy accommodation, comes grown and sexy price. And trust me, the price you pay here is NOT that kind of price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $18.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach