4,127 results
All reviews rooftop pool filtered water sand box beach craft main pool south beach beautiful hotel favorite hotel lobby bar amazing service pool service ocean view special thanks beach staff the entire staff tesla pools
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

The hole place looks recently renovated, great minimal modern design in the room with very comfortable beds. Has 2 great outside pools, one at the terrace with a great view of Miami and fine cocktails.
I loved the daily selection of fresh complimentary fruit at the lobby! Amazing hotel, was totally worth it.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank koschr
Milton S, General Manager at 1 Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2016

Dear koschr,
Thank you for your excellent review on 1 Hotel South Beach. Your generous comments and feedback are very much appreciated. Our eco-chic design and cedar aroma is inspired by nature and I am pleased to learn you enjoyed it. The Rooftop is certainly a fantastic bar and pool with great ambiance and delicious organic dishes and cocktails. Thank you for your kind compliments about our Farm Stand in the lobby, available to all guests complimentary daily. I thank you for choosing 1 Hotel South Beach for your most recent vacation in paradise. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

This was an amazing place with amazing help. From the time of arrival with the warm and friendly welcome from the gentleman at the door (Dayron) to the departure with all the other employees at your side but the one that stood out the most and went above and beyond was (Reo) who helped out with everything and every question I had. The Pool deck is absolutely gorgeous and very relaxing as well as the night life at the rooftop which I can totally say it's one of the top bars in south beach. I couldn't have ask for better help thank you so much for an amazing experience . I certainly look forward to being back at the 1 hotel and spending a little more time with my family here.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Milton S, General Manager at 1 Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2016

Dear GabyQ12,
Thank you for your recent review and feedback of your stay at 1 Hotel South Beach. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed our one of kind pool deck and amenities. Thank you for your gracious compliments; I am thrilled that you enjoyed your with us. We pride ourselves on the culture we have created and the ability of our team members to create the most inspiring and sustainable hotel experience, I will be sure to share your compliments with Reo and Dayron. Your advocacy of us is truly valued and appreciated. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our oasis for another exceptional stay at 1 Hotel South Beach.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2016

I've been traveling to Miami for about ten years now and I am so happy to found a home at the 1 Hotel South Beach. I stay there once a month for business and its the ONLY place I will stay at in Miami. Its a beautiful property with great amenities, a wonderful staff and everything is green and natural. Hands down best hotel on the beach

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing and huge
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank fequan

Dear fequan,
Thank you for your excellent review and feedback of 1 Hotel South Beach. We truly appreciate your generous compliments of our sustainable brand and eco-friendly design aesthetic. I am delighted to learn you were so pleased with our guest service and will be sharing your kind comments with our team members. I am thrilled you found your home on South Beach at 1 Hotel South Beach. We truly appreciate your compliments and advocacy; I look forward to welcoming you back to our oasis soon.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 22, 2016

I used to stay at the W. Not anymore. This is my new home when I visit South Beach. Service, hotel accommodations, and comfort are this hotels forte. I have family in town and they loved the hotel as well. I have already recommended the hotel to several friends and will continue to any time someone is considering traveling to South Beach.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 22, 2016

We recently visited during Miami Music Week/ Ultra Music Festival weekend... accidentally. Our trip was planned last-minute by our standards (1 month out), and we were unaware the area would be as hectic as it was. We were prepared for crowds of Spring Breakers, but festival revelers are a different group altogether :)

We were particularly surprised that the week's events were not mentioned anywhere on the hotel's website. Notably, Sirius XM radio was camped out for a 3-day "lounge" featuring festival artists in the hotel's Private Beach Club. Pro: hotel guests had free access to a full lineup of notable artists. There were performances and parties going on at the property all weekend; for those looking for THE hip spot in SoBe, The 1 is clearly the place. Con: beach and pools were extremely crowded and noisy all day. The shows also made it extremely difficult to navigate the property, as there was an influx of third-party vendors swarming the area for set-up and production. On our first morning we asked six different "security guards" and "waiters" how to get to the beach from the pool area. SIX. No one knew where to send us - likely because they were third-party folks new to the property themselves. You'd think the hotel might anticipate these issues and either educate their third-party staff or station someone outside who knows the drill.

TL;DR - we would've appreciated a heads-up from the hotel about all the commotion. The property is billed as a zen oasis; this was not the case during our visit (admittedly this is also partially our fault for not doing more comprehensive research beyond the hotel's website).

The hotel itself is truly lovely. Rooms and common areas are clean, sleek, and modern with a heavy emphasis on eco-friendly/ sustainability initiatives. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Pools and beach are beautiful and well-tended (a fact I was particularly impressed with given the crowds).

Overall, we felt service was slow and a bit lacking for such an expensive stay. Many staff were aloof and curt, and didn't seem to be moving with much haste despite crowds. We've come to expect better from luxury properties, particularly at this price point.

Exceptions to the service issues were Miguel and Richard on the beach, the team at the check-in/ check-out desks, and one gentleman at the door who's name we (regrettably) never caught. We saw all of these staff members multiple times throughout our 5-day stay and they were friendly and helpful at each interaction.

Miscellaneous note: on busy evenings it is nearly impossible to wrangle a house car. Cool feature for sure, but only if you're willing to stand in line for a significant wait to use it. Taxis are tough to grab as well. Many valets acted as though they were doing you a favor by assisting with either... left a bad taste in our mouths. Granted they were likely exhausted from the steady stream of people coming and going to visit the hotel for musical festivities, so I'd be cranky too.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple