4,080 results
All reviewsrooftop poolfiltered watersand boxbeach craftmain poolsouth beachbeautiful hotelfavorite hotellobby baramazing servicepool serviceocean viewspecial thanksbeach staffthe entire staffteslapools
Reviewed November 16, 2015

We only stayed one short night; exceeded our expectations. The staff is gracious, genuinely kind and accommodating.

We are celebrating our recent anniversary and were given a beautiful room with a view of the ocean. Imagine our surprise when Jennifer Cadet sent a fabulous sparkling Pinot Gris to our room. How sweet & unexpected.

Green, green to the point of making me want to be more green in my life! we loved the iphone control for pretty much everything. Large spacious rooms and soothing décor.

It was lousy weather yet it didn't stop us from wrapping ourselves in fluffy towels at the pool deck and getting delicious drinks!

We did have lunch on Sunday at Beachcraft, Tom Colicchio's restaurant the hotel. We enjoyed the fava bean/whipped ricotta flatbread pizza - delicious. Lots of labor with those beans! The only disappointment was the pitcher of Bloody Marys. It was lacking in flavor, wasn't stirred up when received in its plastic carafe and it serves four. Barely. I asked for some Worcestshire to give it some flavor; there was only Tabasco for a hot sauce so I passed. I am sure the juice was fresh yet it was really a dull Bloody...and for $45...to the GM's credit, he did stop by and we praised the food and mentioned the Bloody Mary. He truly appreciated our comments. I believe reviewers do Trip Advisor a disservice if they don't mention concerns to management. They are all too happy to complain but back off if a manager comes by and they have an opportunity to voice their concerns. Ok...off the soapbox. This is supposed to be about our wonderful stay!

We love love love 1 Hotel South Beach. Look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: room that overlooks the ocean.
Reviewed November 16, 2015

I travel quite a bit and recently stayed at the One Hotel South Beach. I knew that it was a new hotel and was supposed to be very modern and "green". I was surprised to see that the hype was true. The property is very green and very modern. Even the elevators required training. However once you learned they were very cool. Great property and would return in a minute

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank djs1972
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

The theme of the weekend seemed to be "sorry we can't do that"

For our anniversary my girlfriend and I went to Miami for the weekend to the new and hip 1 hotel. We arrive inquiring about massages, "we don't do those, our spa is under construction". They gave us a room on the ground floor - we aren't fussy, we didn't request a room change. We forgot a charger and asked the concierge, "sorry we don't give chargers" was the response. We requested a late check out on Sunday "sorry due to high occupancy we can't do that but please feel free to leave your luggage with our bell men", as if Sunday night is their busiest in a weekend destination hotel... Give me a break, art Basel Miami isn't until next month.... On the bright side the cleaning ladies and room service men are noticeably charming and nice.

Not coming back .

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Amadeo B
Philip D, General Manager at 1 Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Dear Alice T,

I want to wish you a happy anniversary, and thank you choosing us as your choice of destination. I do appreciate your candid feedback, and recent review on your stay in November. I was disappointed to read that your stay was less than stellar, and will share with my team review on your behalf as service levels throughout the property is to create the most sustainable, beautiful and inspiring hotel and we truly do strive to be committed to our guests needs at all times. Sundays are one of our busiest days, and our occupancy have been high even during our slow months. Unfortunately we do not have chargers available, has we are still learning and evolving since our first few months of opening.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the 1 Hotel in the near future, to allow us to redeem ourselves.

Safe Travels,

Philip Dailey
Managing Director

Reviewed November 15, 2015

My husband surprised me with a stay at the 1 Hotel this year for our anniversary. The rooms are outstandingly gorgeous! They offer so many in-room amenities one can imagine. Staff is friendly and accommodating. We ended our night with dinner at the "Beachcraft" inside the Hotel. The restaurant has a great ambiance, beautiful decor and excellent service.
Thank you all for a such a great anniversary!

3  Thank iala_danny
Reviewed November 14, 2015

When it takes over an hour to get your room, but their employees want to spend that time while you are waiting online to tell you about the reclaimed wood on the ceiling, something is wrong. Beautiful hotel but absolutely terrible service, it became the joke of our weekend. Everything was just, as we said all weekend, difficult. From getting our room to getting a drink to getting a working faucet. Everything difficult. The room rate here can buy you a room at the W or Ritz and in our experience treats people like actual people.

5  Thank TAnandd

Dear TAnandd,

I do appreciate your candid feedback, and was disappointed to read about your service not being less than stellar. I will share with my team the review on your behalf as service levels throughout the property is to create the most sustainable, beautiful and inspiring hotel and we truly do strive to be committed to our guests needs at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the 1 Hotel in the near future, to allow us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Safe Travels,