“Love the Casa Grande!”

Ranked #123 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, CA
“Love the Casa Grande!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

Every time we visit Miami we always stay at the Casa Grande Hotel located right on the South Beach Strip, across from the beach and walking distance to all the restaurants and clubs. The rooms are very private, you won't hear any street noise and I believe each one of the rooms also contains a mini kitchen which we found useful for making our dinner and drinks. The service and staff were excellent and the rooms look newly renovated. We've had several bachelorette parties in Miami and no doubt I look forward to staying at the Casa Grande with each visit!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

First of all I reserved this thru bookit.com for $99/night. After reading some of the reviews I was afraid I would arrive to find out I did not have a room. When I arrived, I was promptly checked in. I stayed in Room 409 which is located in the back. I did not hear any noise from the street at this location. Speaking of location, this spot is perfect. You can walk everywhere from here which is what I did. The suite was clean and more than adequate for $99/night. The balcony did not look really clean nor inviting, and I did not venture out there. I did not experience staff arguing with any customers. The elevators are SLOW, and they shake when they stop at your floor...........scary!!!! I would recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again. The location alone gives it extra points, especially if you are a single female traveling. No fresh squeezed OJ, but I did see oranges in the lobby. I did notice that someone had food delivered to their room and I have noticed the tray has been sitting in the hallway over 12 hours!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I travel quite often and this was the Worse Stay EVER!!!‎ - LINA‎ - Today
My friends and I had reserved a Room 2 months in advance, confirmed the room 2 times with the hotel staff. Upon arrival we were told that we had no reservation (luckily I brought a print out proof our the purchase). We were told that there were no rooms available by the staff, and after arguing for over a half hour they finally put us up in a smaller room. The showers did NOT work, we had no way to shower for the first 30 hours of our stay and the staff was very rude to us on top of that. We spoke with the Manager Marrissa, she let us know that we would be receiving a refund for 1 nights stay, but we never received the refund--the hotel staff will lie and cheat you out of your money. I would NOT recommend staying here at all.

The location is great, but if you can't shower or have a guaranteed reservation then what's the point??? I like to relax on my vacations, everytime i walked into the lobby the hotel staff was fighting with a new customer. The elevators did not work most of the time and the hotel is usually out of towels. I've travelled to South Beach in the past and have tried other hotels around the area and they are so much better than this one...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lina627
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Casa Grande. I do apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay. I kindly ask you reconsider giving us another opportunity in the future so we can make up for the problem in the past. Please contact me directly at fiflsteve@aol.com so I can offer you something special.
All the best,
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stayed at this hotel last week for 4 nights. Great location, walk out the front door and the beach and nightlife are right there. Beware of the "tourist trap" restaurants on Ocean drive. Room was clean and spacious and it had a full kitchen.... however... no pots or pans were provided, so I'm not sure what the point is of having a full kitchen. There is a MAJOR discrepancy between information you get from calling the hotel and actually being there. On multiple occasions, false information was given to me over the phone [pots and pans in room (none), no daily resort fee (close to $10 per day)]. So be careful about that and ask to speak with a number of front desk agents, not just one. Also, they boast fresh oranges every morning, never got them once. Except for the confused and misinformed staff, and the borderline bad service, this hotel is good.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank The_Dewey
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

I booked our reservation online for a one night stay in September. When we arrived at the hotel around 6pm, they said they had given away the last room a few minutes before. I showed them my reservation information which I had luckily printed but they said that there was nothing they could do as they had no more rooms available. They said that it sometimes takes awhile for the reservation info to show up on the system which was completely ridiculous and unacceptable to me because once they take my reservation with confirmation number and everything, I expect to have a room "reserved" for me when I get there. Bottom line was that they had given away my room for no reason. They proceeded to try to find me a room in a different hotel on the strip. But it was difficult because it was a Saturday night in Summer time. They finally said that there was room available at the Park Central, but that they only had a suite available which was, of course, more expensive than the room I had reserved at Casa Grande.

I spoke to the hotel manager (Melissa) and she had no explanation or solution as to why this mixup had occurred. She also refused to put us up on another hotel or pay for the difference in price. She did, however, offered to give us a free night if we ever came back.

We decided to give the Casa Grande another shot and had Melissa, the manager, book us for one night in December. This time, they did have our reservation when we arrived. The room was a very good size which included a kitchen, a living room, the bedroom, and bathroom. The room looked nice and clean. However, the walls and floors are as thin as paper. Expect a lot of noise. We went to bed around 3am and eventough the outside noise is worth mentioning, it was the noise coming from other rooms and the hallway that really annoyed us. You could hear people walking, showering, opening and closing drawers and doors, and even the maids cleaning the adjacent rooms. You could clearly hear doors slamming outside the hall. Also, our bed was really really squeaky! Can you imagine what our neighbors would have heard if my girlfriend and I would have started something that night? And to top it all off, our room window faced the alley and we had to put up with the noisy garbage trucks that morning picking up trash all the way down the alley.

Overall it was a bad experience. The only reason I don't rate this hotel as "Terrible" is because the property manager was considerate enough to offer and give us a free night to make up for the original mixup. Even tough I would expect a reputable hotel to instead put us up somewhere else with no charge under the same circumstances. Unfortunately, the hotel noisy accomodations were not enough to grant anything significantly better. This hotel is not worth the price.

• Liked — Location, large rooms
  • Disliked — reservations are not honored, rooms are extremely noisy
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bocarob
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I reserved one of the largest suite with the balcony over Ocean Drive to stay with my four friends two months before arriving. I exchanged several emails with Marissa Torchio, apparently the manager of the hotel.
When arrived, we found that our suite was no more available and they relocated us in two smaller suites: reason that we have been told was that owner of the hotel prolonged his staying (ridiculous).
We protested and pretended at least a discount on the rate but got only few dollars less than the nominal rate.
We felt that our bigger suite was given to somebody else at higher price than we were going to pay with our booking because there was a major art exhibition in Miami in those days and all the hotels were full, and they never felt to try to inform me before our arrival.
Suites are however large (even the standard ones we got), but if you get ones having the bedroom with the window over Ocean Drive can be a *REAL* problem to sleep.
Also, there were drug dealers offering to buy their stuff just in front of the hotel entrance: that was not a problem, it's Miami, but consider it if you are annoyed by that kind of things.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Our reservation was not honored
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Fashionista1756
Scarsdale, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

My family of four stayed in a one-bedroom suite at Casa Grande during the Christmas holiday. The good news was that the hotel is clean, convenient and not unreasonably priced (booked through the hotel's website). Given the late-night street life on Ocean Drive, relatively little outside noise seeped in. We also learned quickly to avoid the pricy valet parking in favor of municipal lots only a few blocks away.

The problems were inside the hotel: the fire alarms went off throughout the hotel twice during our stay, once in the middle of the night, (apparently the product of some electrical issues at the adjacent restaurant). Our room (404) was directly across from the elevator and, owing to the thin internal walls, we were privy to an array of late night liaisons ... on two of our five nights, we were awakened after 2 a.m. When we mentioned it to the morning front desk clerk, we were told that we should have called the night clerk because the hotel has in the past charged extra to noisy guests. Other issues included a series of defective room keycards and inadequate bathroom water pressure.

Hopefully, some of this can be chalked up to the fact that the hotel was completely full and the overall scene chaotic ...

• Liked — Convenient location, suite set-up
  • Disliked — Too many glitches (fire alarms, defective keys, inside noise)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)