“Perfect if you want to be on Ocean Drive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #112 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect if you want to be on Ocean Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Perfect location if you want to be across from the beach and in the middle of Ocean Drive. The units were spacious and the kitchen had everything we needed. We stayed here for seven days and were very pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Casa Grande. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and had a nice time with us. I do hope you now consider the Casa Grande your new home away from home in Miami Beach.
"Mi Casa Es Su Casa"
Warm Regards,
Marissa Suarez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great location, large room overlooking ocean Dr/beach! Phone and hairdryer in room did not work though. Man at front desk was a bit snarly but got our room ready before 4pm. Shortest walk to beach and perfect walking distance to everything you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Brook R
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Casa Grande. We are pleased to know you chose the Casa Grande as your staycation in Miami Beach and do hope you will consider us for all your lovely nights away.
All the best,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Casa Grande after checking this site. I loved that I could cross the street and see the ocean! This hotel is in the heart of the beach within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. There is nightlife, amazing restaurants, beautiful people, EVERYTHING! The staff was professional and caring. There was a mix up with my reservation through a 3rd party site and I was initially upset because I was tired and had a long flight. The front desk staff immediately fixed this issue and got me into a GORGEOUS room with an ocean view. The velet parking was cheaper than a lot of places I went to and they quickly and efficiently got me my car at a moments notice. I highly recommend the Casa Grande hotel to anybody who wants to have a luxurious hotel experience without paying a luxurious price. My new home away from home!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your 5 star review with us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the time you took to post about your stay. Please accept our apologize that you experienced a problem with the 3rd party site but I am glad everything was quickly resolved. We are happy to know you enjoyed our location and the beach.

We are thrilled to know that your stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to welcome you back again to your home away from home soon.

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa"
Warm Regards,
Marissa Suarez
Cranston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is located in a pretty great spot which is directly on Ocean Drive, where all the action is happening for tourists, however, the rooms are really run down now and in serious need of renovations. The rooms are spacious for sure but the outdated and broken down bathrooms make the rooms "feel" dirty. Many tiles were broken, there's mold in most of the rooms, the toilets have a very slow flush and the shower doors are a liability with an accident just waiting to happen. The carpets are old, ripped and stained badly and the beds are stiff and not comfortable at all. I've stayed here numerous times over the past several years and have had many different types of rooms and they're really almost all the same. Each year I've thought that next time I'm here this will probably all be redone and shockingly nothing at all has been done.

Room Tip: I'd strongly suggest you inquire before staying if the rooms have been renovated yet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Rick S
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. In all honesty you are absolutely correct with the description of the carpet. As I mentioned to you prior to switching you to another suite we are in the midst of renovating the room you were switched out of. I apologize you had a bad experience with us this time, but have never heard you mention to us any of the above things you wrote regarding your previous stays. I hope the room you were switched to better suited your needs. We in fact did have the black stuff checked in the bathroom and it was old cork, we removed it and it is all freshly grouted and re-corked. We appreciate you always coming back to the Casa Grande and consider you part of the family. Please contact me direclty prior to your next visit at marissa@casagrandesuitehotel.com
Happy Holidays and stay warm!
Marissa Suarez
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is not easy to find, a tiny entrance in the middle of restaurants and a shop is easily missed.

Pros:

+ Big comfortable living space - LR, DR, Kitchen, bath
+ Microwave, fridge, stove, a few utensils
+ Right in the middle of South Beach
+ Clean if not new

Cons:
- Kitchen barely equipped (one knife, one pot, etc.)
- No facial tissues
- Bathroom doesn't have enough towels
- $25 "resort fee" is bogus this hotel is no resort, doesn't even have a pool, breakfast is a cookie
- $25 "valet fee" which you must use as there is no parking

Nobody bothers you, and the considerate manager who will no doubt respond to this review is nowhere to be seen while you're there.

Bottom line is that you will end up paying about $175/night, but for the area this is still reasonable if you are willing to overlook the skimping on the towels etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Good evening Guest,

We thank you for the review you posted regarding the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. I apologize that you did not have all the cooking equipment in your suite and do wish you would have let us know during your stay. We would have been sure to supply you with the missing items so your stay could have been more enjoyable.
Please feel free to contact myself or Marissa Suarez the General Manager upon your next stay at casasouthbeach@gmail.com and we will be sure to have everything you need to cook a fabulous dinner!
Happy Holidays!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would stay here again as the location was great if you like being where the action is. I also enjoyed being across the street from the beach. The rooms are all suites which was a plus. However upon arrival we were told that it was an extra $ 25.00 a day for use of the beach towels and for coffee and fruit in the morning (the fruit bowl consisted of 1 orange 1 pear and a few apples) certainly not worth the extra money. The people who work there were very friendly and helpful,

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine D
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on the Casa Grande Hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay and hope you consider us your new home away from home. Please contact me directly next time so I can guarantee your oceanfront suite and we will have some fresh fruits waiting for you and an orange juice maker in the apartment upon arrival.

Happy Holidays and all the best!
Ft. Pierce, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We rented a King Suite and it was huge. There was no view and the walls were totally bare but the price was right, the place was clean and the staff was very nice.The suite was really a fully equipped apartment with a full kitchen, dining area, living room, dressing area and lots of storage. I didn't need all of that but I will remember it for a longer trip in the future.

Centrally located on Ocean Drive. Valet parking at the curb and several really good restaurants within a block.

It doesn't have alot of frills but they had coffee in the morning, fresh cookies and an elevator. Not all SoBe hotels do. Good bang for the buck.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ankonagirl
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Please contact me directly prior to your next stay so I can offer you a repeat guest discount.

Happy Holidays!