“Bigger than I could imagine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #94 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Ft. Pierce, FL
“Bigger than I could imagine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We rented a King Suite and it was huge. There was no view and the walls were totally bare but the price was right, the place was clean and the staff was very nice.The suite was really a fully equipped apartment with a full kitchen, dining area, living room, dressing area and lots of storage. I didn't need all of that but I will remember it for a longer trip in the future.

Centrally located on Ocean Drive. Valet parking at the curb and several really good restaurants within a block.

It doesn't have alot of frills but they had coffee in the morning, fresh cookies and an elevator. Not all SoBe hotels do. Good bang for the buck.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ankonagirl
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Please contact me directly prior to your next stay so I can offer you a repeat guest discount.

Happy Holidays!
All the best,
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We got an excellent rate on this hotel, $80 plus a $25 resort fee, so it was really $105. In fact, it was so inexpensive that I got nervous about what we were getting into.

I learned that some of the rooms are true hotel rooms but others are private apartments/condos and rented to the public by the hotel management. This isn't the Waldorf Astoria, but Room 302 was very clean with a nice, newer kitchen, TVs in the living room and bedroom, an older but comfortable living room, a dining area and an ocean view. The only downside to the ocean view is that if you want to get to sleep before 11:30, the music from the restaurants below might keep you awake. At 11:30, at least during the work week (we spent a Sunday and Monday night), the music stopped so that worked out fine for us. I do have one suggestion - please provide kleenex in the rooms! I would definitely stay there again, if only to enjoy Myrveline's excellent customer serviceand sense of humor. Thank you, Ms. M, for an excellent stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bobshiem
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and we are glad you had a good time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. Please contact us directly at the hotel for your next stay so we can give you a special price and an upgraded suite.

Best,
Steven Annicharico
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It was a good place (despite the painting in process in the halls). The rooms are quite large (like an apartment you would find in any major city) with a big kitchen/dining area. They are dated, but very reasonable given the price (and very similar to many of the other hotels in the area).

The location is right in the middle of the South Beach walk and right across from the beach. Literally i would pay $200 for a place with this local, but it only cost $80 per room for the night. The only ridiculous thing is the $25 resort fee.... just tack that on to the hotel price.

Room Tip: Right in the middle of South Beach; Closest to the beach you can be for under $100 a night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bhall98372
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. As you mentioned we are right across from the beach and in the heart of South Beach. I hope you had the opportunity to go to the beach and enjoy all the things South Beach has to offer.
Please feel free to contact us directly for your next vacation to South Beach and please consider the Casa Grande your new home away from home.
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We got to the hotel by 23;00h on a friday night and they allegedly didn't have a room with two queen beds that we had reserved 4 months earlier, and worse, they said that they would charge us extra U$50,00 a day because the room that they were giving us was better!!! They gave us a room with a king size bed and a broken couch. We are two adults and my mother is 80 years old!!! We got in touch with Expedia that agreed to change us from the hotel the next morning. The next morning Expedia called us saying that they have talked to the manager and that they would have our room available at noon. We left our things packed and went back to the hotel exactly at twelve just to know that they DIDN'T have our room. We decided to change hotels but EXPEDIA didn't do their part on the agreement, so we decided that we were stay at that same room and unpack. EXPEDIA had told us that the hotel manager had agreed NOT to charge us the extra U$50,00 but when we checked out we found out that they CHARGED us for the whole stay. LIARS!!!! Apparently, this conduct is very common in this hotel because the three canadians that were staying in the room next door had the same problem. They had booked a room with two beds and got a king bed and a broken couch.
The ambiance is terrible and the sheets are not ironed, giving the impression they are used.
The cleaning ladies, on the other hand, are very nice and helpful and this is what saved our trip from being totally ruined.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank cecivellu
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. As the Assistant Manager I appreciate the feedback you have given us and I we will make any necessary repairs that you mentioned. After doing some research regarding your issues, you were correct that at time of check in (4:00pm) the room you "requested" through Expedia.com was not available. Unfortunately sometimes we cannot always honor the "request". Therefore we upgraded you to a 1 bedroom suite with balcony and waived the extra person fee for 2 nights as well. On the Sunday we offered to switch you to a junior suite with 2 queen size beds but you declined to move. I do understand that maybe you did not want the hassle of switching but the offer was there. Please feel free to contact me directly through the hotel I would like to offer you a discount on a future stay. Thank you, Steven Annicharico
JOhnstown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Casa Grande Suite Hotel was a very good hotel in the perfect location. The accommodations were above and beyond what we were anticipating. The kitchen was fully stocked with glasses, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, cooking utensils and appliances. It was clean and roomy. The property description we read said that beach chairs and towels were available. They no longer have chairs, and towels needed to be acquired in the morning or they ran out. The other surprise was the resort fee that was not in the property description. The manager/front desk person was very helpful with restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BasketballMom03
Dead Guest,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. I do apologize you did not know we have sit down beach chairs for our guests however they are based on availability. I am sorry for this over site and hope you consider the Casa Grande your new home away from
home. Please contact me directly for your next stay at the hotel and I will be sure to have your beach towels and chairs waiting for you in your room upon arrival.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a very good hotel, great location. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay at a great location this is it. This was like a home away from home. The suite was very nice perfect for me and my 18 month daughter. I've been to south beach several times before and it's usually very busy, very much a party atmosphere so I was skeptical of the location being directly on the strip but I must say our stay was very peaceful. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank nette_smiles
Dear Guest,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you do consider the Casa Grande your home away from home. That is exactly how we feel about all of our guests, you are our family and good friends always coming home to see us. I am sorry I did not have the chance to meet you during your stay but during your next visit please contact me and let me know if you should need a crib for the baby or perhaps anything special in your fridge prior to arrival.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Called to make arrangements to be sent to the room. The manager of the hotel restaurant went out of his way to accommodate me. Paulino did a great job and highly recommend him!!! And the lady at the front desk extremely helpful!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Esf335
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to try the Deco Grill restaurant. They do offer some fantastic items on the menu not to mention some great frozen drinks! I will let Paulino know everything worked out perfectly and please let me know if you should need anything special prior to arrival during your next stay at the Casa Grande Suite Hotel. We hope you consider us your new home away from home.