WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #116 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Casa Grande was Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm writing this review to let EVERYBODY know that my Son (17) and I want to south Beach on Mar 31st and left on April 4th. While I was looking for hotels I came across Casa Grande, there were several bad reviews so I was very leary about staying there. Well let me tell you! Our stay was great. Our room was very nice, with an Ocean view and the service we received was awesome! We arrived very late like 11:00pm and Ronnie was on the front desk. He spoke to me like he had known me for years! He made me feel very welcomed. During our stay all of the Staff treated us very friendly. Answered any questions we had and was very helpful with direction around Ocean Drive. I have recommended Casa Grande to my friend who will be going there in Sept. Great Job Staff! Keep up the ggod work!

Carla From Indianapolis IN!

Room Tip: We had a Ocean view which our room was on Ocean Drive and the noise was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank CarlaC775
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We pride ourselves on our repeat guest business because we feel they are our family. We hope that you now consider the Casa Grande your home away from home and will visit soon!
"Mi Casa Es Su Casa"
Warmest regards,
Marissa Suarez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband was in Miami for work so we booked a couple nights at Casa Grande to relax together on Miami Beach for a few days. They were AWESOME. We got an amazing deal through bookit. The price was very affordable (especially for peak season) and their location is unbeatable. (Right on Ocean Dr. Steps from the beach and lots of great restaurants/clubs/shopping).

We were amazed at how spacious they room was! Usually on South Beach you pay a fortune to be near the beach and get a teeny, dirty, little room. Our room (discounted, mind you) was gigantic! Full kitchen, large living/dining area, big bedroom.

While nothing looked modern, it was a clean room and since we weren't right on the front it was pretty quiet at night too (also hard to find in this location since it's a party area). Strong air conditioning. Good shower pressure. All the rooms seemed to be decorated differently but all looked nice enough though not new. The bed was a little soft and didn't have much bedding (but.. you know.. it's Miami so how many layers do you really need?)

People who complain about the $25 resort fee are uninformed. All hotels in this area charge a resort fee for their amenities. Here, that is wifi (which was not very good but we were trying to relax so it was probably for the best to avoid work), beach towels (great), coffee and fruit in the mornings. They even put juicers in each room so you can take the oranges and make your own fresh squeezed juice.

Parking- CG uses the local valet company. $25 cash/day gets you unlimited in and out usage. A pretty good deal. They take about 20 mins to get your car so call for it early.

Beach- literally across the street. CG does not have a deal w/the vendors like other hotels so you will pay $18/chair and $15/umbrella on the sand. A little $$ but you can use them all day and come and go as you please and they are still yours. Or, put the beach towel Casa Grande gives you and sit on the sand for free. :)

Cleaning- the cleaning person does not come by every day. We don't mind this but if you need it you should speak w/the front desk and let them know you need it.

The front desk people (who were also the owners/family) were lovely. Very sweet. Let us check in early. Let us leave our luggage while we spent our last few hours out. Friendly but not annoying.

Highly recommend. Especially if you can get a good deal!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCME
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, May 29, 2015
Dear Past Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post about your stay.
We are delighted to know that your stay was a pleasant one and we hope to welcome you back to your home away from home soon.
Warm regards,
Marissa Suarez
General Managsr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Amazing location! Does not get better than this if u want to be in the heart of South Beach and right in the action. Tons of restaurants and bars and cafes so close. If you're looking for peace and quiet - this is not the place.

Incredible staff - Ronnie YOU ARE THE BEST! Helped us with everything, read our online request and gave us a room on a higher floor like we asked. Let us keep our bags in their lobby room until we could check in. Tried very hard to rush our check in so we could get the room earlier. Helped us from the start of our vacation to the end to make sure our stay was fantastic and it was. Paul and Marissa were super nice and so accommodating! Nothing that they wouldn't try and do for us that would better out stay!

Very clean and modern room! 505 to be exact. Soooooo spacious and so beautiful. It was beyond our expectations.

You will definitely see us again! Thank you again Ronnie, Paul and Marissa for an incredible first trip to Miami!

Tiffany and Chris from Montreal
March 25-29

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tiffany327
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Casa Grande. Your posting made me smile, we work so hard to make all of our guests happy and love to hear when someone notices, thank you. I will pass the information along to my team and we hope you now consider us your Miami family.
"Mi Casa Es Su Casa"
Warmest regards,
Marissa Suarez, General Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

What you are paying for is the location and the size of the rooms. The Casa Grande is located right in the heart of Ocean Drive. If your looking for a quiet spot this isn't it, if your looking to be right in the middle of the action the location couldn't be better. The rooms are some of the largest in South Beach. Rooms are clean and the kitchenette is modern. The furnishings however are worn and need replacing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James W
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for reviewing the Casa Grande. We are glad you enjoyed our phenomenal location and full size apartments. Just so you are aware, we have some spectacular brand new renovated apartments. The next time you are coming to stay please contact me directly and I will see to it one is reserved for you fiflsteve@aol.com
All the best,
Steven Annicharico, Assistant Manager
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked a room several months in advance with Marissa the GM using a LivingSocial voucher. Received a confirmation number at time of booking, and called two days prior to my reservation date to confirm with Paul (front desk employee at night). I show up on the date of my reservation, after traveling across the country for an entire day, to NO room and a "lost" reservation!

Paul was working and remembered speaking to me, yet now he could find no evidence of my reservation. The confirmation number I was given was allegedly from their "old system" and he mocked me for booking in advance. I barely got him to call other hotels on my behalf, and showed no remorse for ruining my vacation. He put me in contact with Carlos, who also offered no reimbursement and passed the buck back to Marissa, who did not even extend the courtesy of responding to my e-mail.

Absolute worst customer service I have ever seen. They sold my reservation to someone else at a higher rate and left my wife and I with no place to stay at a busy time in South Beach. Do NOT book this hotel unless you are okay with unprofessional and rude hotel ownership.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Jerrod311
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We apologize for the issue that occurred and would love to make it up to you. Please contact me directly so we can discuss things further, marissa@casagrandesuitehotel.com

Best regards,
Marissa Suarez
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This Hotel is a Clean place! Awesome Location Can't beat that, across the street from the wonderful beach ! Nothing fancy but the necessary for staying a couple nights in South Beach!
Will definately stay there again when I'm back!!! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you taking the time to review the Casa Grande Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.
All the best,
Steven Annicharico, Assistat Manager
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Casa Grande for a night before a cruise. I'd booked through Hotwire, paying much less than the rate through the hotel or other sites. At that discounted rate, I would say the cost of the room is mostly for the location - and not the room itself.

The lobby gives the appearance of a stereotypical South Beach boutique hotel - the saltwater aquarium, club music, nice seating area all give off a hip, funky feel, but the upper floors don't reflect this vibe. From the upstairs hallways on, the hotel is in dire need of a facelift. (To be fair, after getting a glimpse of other rooms through open doors, it seems not all rooms are the same - I can only speak to common areas and our room, 306).

The hallway reaked of old cigarette. The room doors needed a fresh coat of paint, and inside our room, the carpet badly needed to be replaced - there were big rips and even holes in it. We had no view - in fact, we looked directly into another window about two feet away. The general cleanliness of the room was somewhere between iffy and okay, except for the kitchen, which was spotless.

On the flip side, however, the room was huge, and travelling with kids, it was especially nice to have all the extra space. Best of all, however, and probably worth the price, was the location. There's an entrance to Miami Beach immediately across the street, and great restaurants lining the street in either direction. Casa Grande is literally in the middle of it all.

I'm not sure if I would book this hotel on a future trip, but wouldn't complain if I ended up there again. Just be warned: there's a $25 resort fee for their "breakfast" (stale cookies, and the worst coffee in the world, which isn't even served with milk or cream but whitener, of all things), beach towels (which we didn't use given the cold weather), and wi-fi Internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2015
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We apologize the Casa Grande was not to your expectations.
All the best