“Terrible hotel + Unproffesional staff”

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #135 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Unproffesional and rude staff, specially the gentleman in the mornings, need some trainning!!!!
Lobby looks depresing. Facelift was a comlpete disaster.
Our room was not what we were told it was, so asked to talk to manager who never showed interest in talking to us.
Definetely not coming back. Not a high class hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank lulai
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review and I apologize you were not satisfied with the Casa Grande. I would love for you to email me so I can understand exactly what happened and why you were so dissatisfied, marissa@casagrandesuitehotel.com
I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed April 1, 2008

These are individually owned condos and there must be great disparity between the units, judging by previous reviews and a friend's strong recommendation to stay in a one bedroom suite with a terrace, which I tried to book but was denied on arrival because Casa Grande messed up my reservation. But they told me I was in an ocean view, so I didn't make a big deal about it, at least not until I saw the garbage they were trying to pass off for over $340/night.

For starters, my room (204) was damaged and badly in need of repair (holes in the wall, paint peeling, leaking faucets, etc.). The air conditioning unit sounded like a diesel engine. If your shower was longer than 2 minutes, you were standing in ankle deep water. The coffee table rocked like a hammock and seemed like it was ready to fall over at any minute. The silverware was simply on a paper towel in the drawer. The mattress was perhaps the worst I've slept on since college. You get the point.

Aside from the room itself, there were a few things I didn't like about the hotel in general, including: there is poor ventilation in the lobby area, which had a musty smell most of the time; the stairwell also smelled like a cross between bad food and urine; the towels ranged from sandpaper to ones that were so new they left a white cotton coat on my hands and body; a front desk staff that didn't seem to care too much about anything and blamed my incorrect reservation on the "new girl."

Yes, the location is great, but there are a bunch of nicer looking hotels along Ocean Drive, and for $1500+ for 4 ngihts, I'd rather spend the extra $$$ somewhere else (Loews?) or else be sure which room you are reserving. I doubt I could give this place a second chance.

• Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank soljc
CasaGrandeManager834, Front Office Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Casa Grande. I apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. Please contact me directly if you would reconsider giving the Casa Grande another chance. I would love to offer you an upgraded brand new oceanfront suite.

Ronnie Young
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2008

The hotel was excellent. Great location, great staff and beautiful suites with full kitchens and some good ocean views. Its really more like a condo than a hotel room. Will stay here again next time in Sobe.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank trm2

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time at our little gem on Ocean Drive. We hope you now consider the Casa Grande your home away from home and will come back soon to visit.
Warm regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2007

I've just returned from a wonderful week in Miami. When I read the review complaining about the staff at the Casa Granda, I didn't recognise it. My experience of Casa Grande was of 'smiling faces' who looked out for you and your needs. This, combined with the most wonderful location and home from home feel, made for a rich experience. I'd also recommend the Pelican restaurant for an exquisite dinner, News Cafe for a people watching breakfast and a little coffee shop called Pinocchios for your beach picnic - all on the doorstep.

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank anita71
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time here and you experienced every great restaurant surrounding us. We hope you consider the Casa Grande your new home away from home.
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 22, 2007

We visited the Fox Cafe, the separate restaurant on the sea front, and
I noticed an entrance to the Casa Grande.

On impulse, I peeked inside and asked to be shown some rooms. I was astonished! The rooms would be good sized apartments!

We chose a smaller one, with 42" TV, full kitchen, two queen - sized four poster beds, dining table and settee. There was no view, except for a wall across an alley. Free WI-FI works great.

We invited friends round for cocktails, and they were shocked at the size of the room - they were staying at the Hotel Astor round the corner.

This is a fine hotel, with location, location, location. Just walk out the front door and all that South Beach has to offer is there.

Only drawback is a lack of pool, but you can always rent beds and umbrellas on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bollinge

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the prime location of the Casa Grande and hope you consider us your home away from home.
"Mi Casa Es Su Casa"
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2007

Huge well equipped rooms, very reasonable, perfect location, best staff of any hotel. Ronnie and Enrique were so friendly and all the staff were of an excellent standard. I would stay here again and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank ScottJames
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you consider the Casa Grande your home away from home.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2007

This was the worst hotel ever!! The hot water was VERY limited so if you are with a party of more than one, you better take a 30 second shower. The face/hand/body towels were non-existent and when we asked for more, the "staff" replied by saying they were all out and did nothing to try to find more. Isn't it great to come from the beach and have to shower with your hands... NOT!! The customer service was extremely poor. The only PRO was the space but I'd rather pay more for a true hotel experience. I will NEVER stay here again and hope this finds others before hard earned money is wasted.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank jamika
CasaGrandeManager834, Front Office Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for your review. We do take every review extremely serious and always try to find solutions to the complaints. I hope you would reconsider and give the Casa Grande another chance.
Regards,