“Great spicy food - bad host service!”
Review of Matador Room

Matador Room
Ranked #74 of 1,235 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inspired by its rich history and 1950s glamour, world-renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten has reinvented the iconic Matador Room with reimagined menus that offer his interpretation of Caribbean, Spanish, and Latin and South American cuisines. Seasonal menus are composed of small and large plates that embrace the freshest, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The space's original chandelier has been restored and is suspended over the sunken oval dining room that is reminiscent of the glamorous supper clubs of the 1940s and 50s.
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We have been for dinner a couple of times and had excellent food, but with no day specials. During lunch they serve a similar but reduced menu at their terrace. Host service during dinner was horrible during our visits - not pleasant at all. Looks like they don't like their job and don't care about customer requests at booking moment. Make sure you check how spicy is your choice as some of the dishes are very hot, considering American taste.

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Well worth the price. Wine list is wonderful, but pricey. Food was imaginative. Flavors were amazing. Service was impeccable.

Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Jean George's new Miami baby. The decor of this restarne is decadent. 50's classic.
I love this mixture in a very sterile design of Ian Schrager to balance it out. Both outside and inside are warm and welcoming.
Round centred indoor seating will make you feel like a set of Great Gatsby.
Cocktail selection is very good as well as the wine list. Spicy margarita was my favourite. Jalapeño infused vodka wow.
Great food options shareable appetisers. Very petite portions so order enough ! The experience is worth every penny. Service is outstanding. Staff is able to answer any question, really well trained.
The manger came up to us and asked about the meal. She was lovely.
I tried most of the menu some of my favourites octopus, shrimp with extremely hot bean peppers, lamb chop was cooked to perfection, ham&cheese fried bites with sinful dipping sauce, red snapper was delicious prepared sushimi style.
Brunch and breakfast at the terrace are amazing as well.
Must try is signature bloody marry, eggs wit roasted mushrooms and parmigian, lightly fried spinach omelette super fluffy and very filling portions.
Coffee comes in a metal jug which I love so it fresh and hot.
Views are serene surrounded with greenery and pink mandevillas.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be treated to a dinner here, and have since added this restaurant to my list of must visit places for next time. Every one of my senses was activated in the lobby, bar, and restaurant. I am a picky eater, so I was completely surprised to enjoy every dish I tried. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

One of the best restaurants we have ever tried. Great food, outstanding staff, fabulous setting!!!!
Some examples of great dishes to try: black truffle pizza, mushroom tacos, grouper tacos, maitake mushrooms with goat cheese and a fabulous dressing, a great chocolate dessert.
We went back a second time and would have returned again if we had more time.
The staff were incredible and made us feel very special.
The outdoor area is gorgeous with a view of the beautifully lit pool.
I can't wait to return to Miami Beach so we can dine there again.

Date of visit: April 2017