“Great location and cheap and cheerful”
Review of Harrison Hotel

Harrison Hotel
Ranked #195 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and near the quieter end of Ocean Drive, so noise from the street wasn't a problem.
The outside area is pleasant, but there was a distinct smell of damp as I went into the lobby (but fortunately not in my room!)
Alas as I was staying in spring break, noise from other guests was a problem. From students talking and banging stuff in their rooms, to them shouting down the corridor to each other, ear plugs were essential. I was in room 202, and the external door also bangs every time anyone comes in and out - very frustrating!
Spring break also seemed to make for a smell of hash, both in the hotel and in the garden on a couple of occasions!
Rooms were fine in size, and the bed was lovely - large and firm. The room itself had a few marks of wear and tear, particularly around the AC unit that looked liked it had leaked and taken off a chunk of plaster at some point then hastily re-patched. Bathroom was small but look refurbished and clean (extractor fan was very loud).
Had to have someone in to sort out the TV 3 times, and had to get my key cards reset each day.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
If you want a cheap and cheerful place to stay in South Beach, this place is fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If u want a problem come here, terrible rooms have cockroaches that big that u never seen in your life, better pay more money and stay in nice place, don't even think to come here, terrible terrible motel

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lily11134
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Harrison Hotel for a week in mid-January 2014. Reviews on Trip-Advisor are very accurate – a basic, ‘no-nonsense’ hotel in a superb location just a couple of blocks from Ocean Drive.

The front desk staff (namely Ernesto and Allesandro) were very helpful and swiftly smoothed the few service ‘wrinkles’ we encountered. We found the rooms (including en-suite bathroom) to be basic, clean, well-serviced and spacious, with fridge, safe, coffee-making facilities and flat-screen television.

The free wireless internet is excellent and the hotel has internet/printer service in the lobby to facilitate those guests who wish to book local trips or check-in online for return/onward flights.
Although the hotel is bereft of bar and restaurant, it is located close to a number of fine eating establishments, particularly a marvellous place called ‘The Big Pink.’ This restaurant has an extensive, reasonably-priced menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ocean Drive (and South Beach generally) is a superb tourist area, though the prices are not for the faint-hearted. We were there for Martin Luther-King Day which coincided with the superb ‘Art Deco’ weekend.

In conclusion, as experienced travellers, we were pleased with our stay in the Harrison Hotel. You get what you pay for and the location is unrivalled!

Room Tip: We were located on the second floor - no worries!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank okiefrommuskogee
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with our room, not the ritz but freshly painted with nice amenities. Short walk to the best of south beach and much quieter so you can still get a good nights sleep. Would highly recommend if you need a less expensive room and want nightlife and an amazing beach.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nancy Y
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We booked this hotel through travelocity, and it got wonderful reviews for the most part. By all accounts, it looked decent for the price, and location. We were on our honeymoon. The front desk person was very nice and he truly did a lot for us, however it wasn't enough. Although we were on our honeymoon, I still had homework and work-work to do (full time student and fulltime administrator). So it was very important to me when booking that I have an internet connection and a tv to keep my new husband occupied. The internet was sparse (which i don't fault the hotel, must be more of a provider issue) but the tv did not work. The front desk attendant switched our room for us. Very nice! Greatly appreciated! The second room, they made sure the tv worked. We stayed for one evening and when we woke up the next morning, attempted to turn the tv on. Did not work. We called the front desk, and they sent someone to look at it. The maintenance gentleman was very nice, but didn't know how to fix the issue. He just simply said it was broke and would look into a different room or get a new tv for us. We went to lunch, went to the beach, and came back so I could resume some work before we went out for the evening. Still no tv. My husband went to talk to the front desk and he offered us to switch rooms. Again, very nice! He told us the room would be available when we came back from our catamaran sailing. When we came back and asked to switch rooms, we were told that the room had been booked.?? The attendant advised us to call travelocity and they would make things right. I appreciated this advice, but for some reason we got royally screwed over by travelocity and were given the run around. We ended up also staying at the seagull hotel (do yourself a favor and don't go there either). It is now 5 weeks later from our trip and we have scabies.. For a person that has never had scabies before it takes approx 4-6 weeks to develop. You can get scabies from dirty linens. While I can't definitively say that I got it from this hotel, I can't discount it either. I do believe that the hotel rooms we had for the one night were clean. And I realize it is silly to complain about a non functioning tv, however in our situation it was important to entertain while I was doing homework. I think if you are using this hotel to just sleep, you would enjoy it. I thoroughly enjoyed the area and the art deco vibe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kim e
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Average hotel, the rooms looked clean and neat. Nice bed, average bathroom. Great location and helpful, kind staff. Good budget for the area! So if you have no high demands this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you are looking for a problem, you won't have to look hard. But I would instead suggest not looking for any problems and instead spend most of your time exploring outside of the hotel property. The hotel is five minutes from the beach and two minutes away from Walgreens (in case you need snacks or maybe some extra sunscreen for the beach). It also isn't in a terrible part of town. You will feel safe walking back from the beach at 11 p.m. I've stayed in some pretty bad places in Miami and this is not one of them. Again, don't go around performing a home inspection on the place and you will be alright . Go ahead and book a room and hurry up and get to the beach!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple